Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Game's dead. New record.

Yeah, this latest blunder with the AH all but killed my interest in this game - unless they go down hard on the exploiters (some guy who did it got a 72 hr ban, how harsh! :lol:) I think I'm done.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
They're probably wiping the Astral Diamonds on their characters, and ban those who've acquired a shitload of items/Zen. I think that's enough.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I don't understand. It's dead for you?

Recent bug with the AH/gateway that enabled anyone to get ANY amount of AD they wanted. People got hundreds of millions (or even billions) of AD instantly, and bought everything valuable from the AH, and all available zen from the exchange as well. Economy is completely fucked, and while that doesn't strictly speaking affect anyone's gameplay directly, it has the obvious devastating effect on the game as a whole. Playing the AH and crafting has always had a big appeal for me, but what's the point if others cheated their way to riches and fucked everyone else in the process?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Holy crap. I'm just reading about that now. What a clusterfuck.

Still, I literally haven't bought a single thing with Zen. I still have nearly 550K of my AD that were included with the starter pack (the $60.00? one) that I don't really know what to do with.

Just play? *shrug*

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'm still loving the game. As far as MMOs go, I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this one. Usually by now I'd already have quit most MMOs.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I'm doing Foundry Quests (still working on the third quest, it's just big), so I care little for AH.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Probably the Foundry will be what's going to sustain us. Plenty of Codex-based memeography and cheap hidden lulz that can be made/had. Or not.

Vaarna_Aarne

Probably the Foundry will be what's going to sustain us. Plenty of Codex-based memeography and cheap hidden lulz that can be made/had. Or not.
A lot of it will just get removed due to breaking the various clauses in the TOS regarding good taste, racism, jews, harsh language, harsher language, obscenities, rape, tasteful rape, etc...

Emily

Arcane
the whole economy is fucked up beyond repair. Everything just became worthless people bought off whole AH just for fun.
They might do a roll back but look at how much time has passed.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
More like rollback of everybody who used the bug. Subtle rollbacks for people who got the AD through AH. The rest won't be affected.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I think the nerdrage caused from a full-on wipe would be so massive someone might actually freak out IRL and do something stupid. Not me, of course.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Game's dead. New record.

I don't understand. It's dead for you?

Those of us who are playing it are enjoying it. The guild is now over 70 strong.

Minus 10ish. Me and the buddies I brought along with me are slowly walking away from this. I like the PVP, but everything else is pretty horrible. AH/economy is completely broken, itemization is the worst I've ever seen both in mechanics (every tier is identical items with bonuses to a different stat) and graphics (my control wizard looks almost identical in her current gear compared to starting gear, and I'm level 50). Professions are pretty boring and their rewards are small. Customization is a complete joke - very little diversity in the character system and the best choices are obvious.

I want to like it, but there's nothing there. I think we'll be shifting to Rift, which just went free 2 play and has a better model (or so it would seem).

I will say that the foundry has huge potential, so I might be back when the game isn't completely bare-bones.

Vaarna_Aarne

More like rollback of everybody who used the bug. Subtle rollbacks for people who got the AD through AH. The rest won't be affected.
This. They'll probably permaban a handful of the worst offenders, but most people involved are probably just getting warned+blacklisted and their AD and inventory nuked.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Two more hours downtime (FB page). I want to get back to the Foundry, goddamnit! :x

Been playing the game a bit. Not too bad as a single player experience, but the MMO parts are seriously lacking IMO. Probably will play up to 60 and check all the zones but that'll be it. I doubt the endgame is nothing more than your normal WoW style dungeon/token/daily grind, with the exception of the foundry. The game feels a lot like a fantasy SWTOR. Without the D&D setting I doubt I'd be playing it at all.

Oh and the exploit that is going on now... I've been reading the forums and here are some info about it (some might be misinformation)

* Has been in the game since day 1, open beta launch.
* Was reported by a player 3 days ago via a ticket, no action taken.
* Rollback or wipe are not currently planned.
* Economy totally wrecked, people handing out 1M+ items for free by the truckloads. I.e. some guy on a Twitch.tv live stream gave away 50x 1M AD cat companions to random people.

Gerrard

Arcane
I like the PVP
There's your problem.

There have been over 10 game breaking Neverwinter exploits around since closed beta, and Cryptic never did anything to fix it. What do you expect them to do now? (self.Neverwinter)
submitted 22 minutesago*by ExNWFan
Honestly if a game launched with so many issues, I don't think we should really be expecting anything from the NW team.
I also don't think that anyone who exploited should be punished in any way shape or form. Read what the guy posted. His tickets were actually closed and marked as resolved by the Perfect World support staff. How can you blame anyone for exploiting if the developers of the game are so damn thick?
Anyway, without further delay: This is a copy paste from Joystiq.
"As a Neverwinter closed Beta tester and current HotN founder, let me share all the exploits this game has had.
Let me fill you in on ALL the exploits and when we found them.

1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.
I believe there are a few more I am forgetting about, but every single one of those is game breaking and has been around since closed beta.

A wipe and massive ban waves are the only way to fix it, however I believe that Cryptic is too lazy and incompetent to see this. If their (lack of) support and temporary bans is any indication of how they will handle this mess... Well... The game is finished and I am currently writing an e-mail to their support to get my initial $199,99, and an additional $50 worth of Zen refunded to my credit card.
I am also making a case against them with the BBB. Treating your customers like this is unacceptable."

Gerrard

Arcane
Permabans are being rolled out.

Not like that will fix anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom