Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

J1M

Arcane
Some of you guys are pretty dramatic. They aren't going to wipe everyone's characters and the "damage" done to the economy by this exploit is no more than what was done by giving everyone 2 million astral diamonds.

Emily

Arcane
Some of you guys are pretty dramatic. They aren't going to wipe everyone's characters and the "damage" done to the economy by this exploit is no more than what was done by giving everyone 2 million astral diamonds.
The damage was so "low" that people were selling items for gold not AD...
the least valuable currency in the game was being used to buy some of the most valuable items in the game. Meaning the whole game is done for.
I am hoping they will be able to roll back, but why wait so long if they really do it.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

It's cryptic, the next raid/dungeon/pvp content will include an all new currency anyway. This just accelerated their plans. :lol:

Eyeball

Arcane
Why can they not just roll back? Sure, some people will have spent Money in the Cash shop, but surely they have the records on hand and could just refund the Money?

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
oA6Z8.jpg

tumblr_mb6zpmjUgy1rthy6ko1_250.gif

J1M

Arcane
The damage was so "low" that people were selling items for gold not AD...
the least valuable currency in the game was being used to buy some of the most valuable items in the game. Meaning the whole game is done for.
I am hoping they will be able to roll back, but why wait so long if they really do it.
Unless you have some sort of paladin code of ethics, it sounds like you should have been taking advantage of said suckers.

Wild Slop

Arcane
During what would end up being a failed dungeon run with pugs, a player handed me a rare blue sword because he thought I was a GWF that he accidentally deprived me of. I didn't know why he opened the trade window and handed it to me, just said thanks man. When he told me why (still not noticing my prominent shield) my inner paladin kicked in and I handed it back. Though I just lost piety points by telling tale of my deed.

Anyway even I would have no qualms about buying those items for gold. I'd assume the seller for whatever reason just wanted gold more than AD and wanted it now! ADD or something.

Eyeball

Arcane
So when are they putting this shit back online?

MMO server upgrade deadlines my pockmarked ass.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It was only yesterday everything went batshit insane. Before that, the exploit was simply fermenting, and the "appropriate action" they mention is directed at that. Anything beyond the current rollback would be only against the entire playerbase.

EDIT: To be exact, this is what's happening to the pre-apeshit exploiters:

A: We are performing additional log searches and investigations to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken against any accounts that performed the exploit before the rollback window. Exploits that were performed prior to our rollback window make up a fraction of a percent of total impact, so we will be dealing with those issues selectively as not to cause greater impact on those legitimate testers.

canakin

Cipher
So when are they putting this shit back online?

MMO server upgrade deadlines my pockmarked ass.

They said that it will be back online around midnight pacific time but since they deleted it and given no new ETA.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Probably English for "fuuuuuuck, how many of these guys are there? I can't wipe all this AD by myself, someone get me more nubile Chinese boys to help!"

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
They could hand out feat respec token or something like that to minimize butthurt. 7 hours is pretty gay - especially if one can only play on weekends...
Edit: oh and i looted awesome rare sword too - imminent butthurt danger.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
hahaohwow

rift, we're on our way (too bad we're stuck with Neverwinter till you go F2P)

might be back at a later date when shit is fixed

anus_pounder

Arcane
Good thing LoR releases tomorrow...or not. I don't expect to be able to play Legacy of Romulus on release date itself, fucking queues man. Worst comes to worst, there is always bioware's sweet embrace in SWTOR. :(

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Good thing LoR releases tomorrow...or not. I don't expect to be able to play Legacy of Romulus on release date itself, fucking queues man. Worst comes to worst, there is always bioware's sweet embrace in SWTOR. :(

join the darkside in rift

it's like swtor but mildly better

can't go wrong bro

anus_pounder

Arcane

join the darkside in rift

it's like swtor but mildly better

can't go wrong bro

Maybe. A friend of mine bought me a copy (and thus a 30 day trial) last year. Can't say I hated it, but it never really grabbed me either. Maybe now that its F2P I might return, but ehh...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom