Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Cool name

Arcane
NPCs are now less talkative.

There is a God after all. The voice clips where driving me crazy in some areas.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Come on. You can do better than that. What problems do you have playing the class?

I think about the only thing that's been widely complained about is that GWF's consistently get rejected from higher-level dungeon runs because they're perceived to be poor on the DPS scale especially compared to TR's and CW's. That's been directly addressed.

Is there something else you're referring to?

Gerrard

Arcane
how has it been addressed? They increased the damage of one skill, a skill that had the worst damage of any at-will power in the game.
It's an AoE damage dealing class that deals less damage the more targets it hits, has a limit on how many targets it can hit, and deals less damage than the wizard despite having to get close to the targets.
Also have no utility like wizard because some retard thought it would e funny to have cliffs to push monsters off of in every dungeon.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I don't understand. Almost every change to GWF is a buff to damage, several of which are specifically AoE attacks, or a change to further facilitating that role (AoE warrior) through increased threat generation or added mobility or adding temporary health, etc.

GWF is going to be a killing machine, even more than it is now. Not sure what you're talking about. Do I need to list all of the changes?

J1M

Arcane
It looks like they REALLY don't want me to use Ray of Enfeeblement anymore.

Gerrard

Arcane
Worked for me today. How long must one be logged out for it break?
I'll log in now and make a caravan task to check.
Actually, I just thought maybe it doesn't matter where you collect the task, but where you start it? I'll do one from in-game and one from the gateway.
I did this, and yesterday got the AD from both caravan tasks.

HOWEVER, this morning I collected one "Collect taxes" through the gateway that I set over night and didn't get any fucking AD again.
:rage:

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Well, this is interesting:

How can you prepare your character for Gauntlgrym? Your character must be level 60. Only seasoned veterans will be able to withstand the true power of dwarves, fire archons, and other creatures in Gauntlgrym. And, players must be in a guild to participate. If you are a guild leader, you must align your guild with a faction and fight to defend its honor and legacy!

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=897711

Seems like Cryptic / PW are getting pretty serious about end-game content. This will certainly separate the wheat from the chaff... which will we be? Can we get organized enough to compete in Gauntlgrym? Do we even care?

What say you, gents and lady? Vaarna_Aarne? You going to decide what "faction" we join? Anyone even know what the factions are?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Gerrard, are the Champion's Elegant Shirt and Pants crafted? Did you make those?

Do need. If someone would be so kind...

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, they're crafted, but it's a rare task and I only have like 60% chance for rank 2 result. I'll send them to you if I happen to make some.

Cool name

Arcane
Do we even care?

I do. Someone has to teach those kids how it is when things do not scale to their level. :obviously:

In before party wipe...

What say you, gents and lady? Vaarna_Aarne? You going to decide what "faction" we join? Anyone even know what the factions are?

If Gerrard is right one faction is d0rfs and the other faction is, uhm... Luskan, yeah. Is there even a choice? :P

All that aside, a question: Are there fashion items beyond those currently in the store or is it a choice between 'pwetty but slutteriffic clothes', ugly clothes, and generic armor? :?

Wild Slop

Arcane
When I logged out it started to download what I assume is a pre patch.

I understand on the forums they have little contests now and again. It'll be easy to miss any further ones as I only have eyes for codex but I'll try to check in every so often.

Anyway, go here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ter-trivia-for-a-Guardian-of-Neverwinter-Pack and enter in the names of the 3 cities people are spamming for a chance to win ...
I donno, some junk or something priced at 59.99 (a $140 value!!!). You already have an account for your character to play the game so just use that to join the dogpile.
before 12 PM PDT (Pacific) on Monday, June 10.

Yeah its silly but I figure its probably better odds than a lockbox.... ok its still silly.

Cool name

Arcane
I accidentally uninstalled the client while trying to uninstall NWN2 to make a clean installation. -__-U

So I will be on in, like, five hours or so. Stupidly huge patches and all that.

ok its still silly.

I did still post on it. :oops:

Amusingly enough, almost every single post in that thread does mention the same three cities.

Forgotten Realms wiki for the win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom