Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Cool name

Arcane
OoOoOoOoH. Alchemy, cool. So now I need to turn my characters into half Mercenary Commanders, half Fashion Designers, and half Alchemists. Damnation. :( Too few slots.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, guess I won't be going for "get 96 Mercenaries" project with Ashur just yet, he'll probably need to know Alchemy too.

Any word on what it'll actually do?

Gerrard

Arcane
It's largely unfinished, but I saw one rare task that makes dyes (they are class specific though).

Also you make "Unstable potion" that make random things happen to you if you drink them, like change you into a chicken or shrink you.

J1M

Arcane
a1WyI0Z.png

The Gauntlgrym thing is also up on the preview server, but you need to be in a guild to go there.

A lumber component? Suggests a future woodworking profession. They could have used ore instead.

eklektyk

Erudite
so patch went up ... fucking 16xx mb ...
tried to download ...got borked ..and now servers not responding at all ...
top notch IT dep right there :salute:

Gerrard

Arcane
Yep, this is Cryptic alright.
Be prepared for this happening again on launch day.

J1M

Arcane
Free respec on power selection, but not on feat selection. Expect the value of AD to jump for a while with everyone switching feats around.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, you can respec ability scores and feats too. Although you have to select a paragon path ASAP if your character is high level.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Be sure to press U to see what's new. That way you can change the feats.

Vaarna_Aarne

Allah's Djinn have taken my coins, for the traffic is so great that the patch spirits elude me even after so many hours.

eklektyk

Erudite
so i hit respec on my healer and stabber and kinda left them like that...dont have time to set them up properly and anyhow im in sto for now so...
any ideas how to build them for the greater glory of Codexia??? :)

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm still using my old build, since it wasn't a cookie-cutter Renegade. I'm saving my respecs for when they start putting out new Paragon Paths.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I was concerned about the feats respec too as I only saw the icon under the powers. Pressing U shows nothing new. I have one alt with one character leveled to 10 for half assed praying. I think I'll give the respec a trail with him just to be sure.

Apparently much of what I chose for my Protection Guardian was broken. I'm going hold off on respecing till I get a good sense on how best to set a new direction... maybe I'll go with a DPS/Hybrid build.
Until then I'll play through and see where these new changes place me as is.

As far as new Paragon paths, you don't think they'll offer new respecs after something as big as that? Not worth the risk? Not worth the effort as you like what you have already?

J1M

Arcane
I was concerned about the feats respec too as I only saw the icon under the powers. Pressing U shows nothing new. I have one alt with one character leveled to 10 for half assed praying. I think I'll give the respec a trail with him just to be sure.

Apparently much of what I chose for my Protection Guardian was broken. I'm going hold off on respecing till I get a good sense on how best to set a new direction... maybe I'll go with a DPS/Hybrid build.
Until then I'll play through and see where these new changes place me as is.

As far as new Paragon paths, you don't think they'll offer new respecs after something as big as that? Not worth the risk? Not worth the effort as you like what you have already?

I've seen an epic dungeon tanked by a GWF, so I suspect that you could go for more dps in your build without too much worry. Although, frankly, I think dps is overrated. It is a little sad that when I drop 8 guys off a cliff it doesn't go on the DPS charts.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
You can make some nice nonlinear quests with the Foundry, but it really shows that it wasn't made for it. Budget limits, no OR logic etc. You can try with dialogues and other things, but I still feel very limited with the engine. I hope the Shadowrun editor won't be so limiting.

http://i.imgur.com/p5ssJwx.png one of the endings diagram.

Zetor

Arcane
Yeh, honestly I think the Foundry is kind of wasted on this game. It's a great toolset, but the many limitations, the insane time investment, and the fact that you are creating content for a MMO arpg wannabe pushed it into "don't bother" territory for me. Square pegs, round holes, blah blah.

And yeah, this means that my "Mind Games" campaign isn't going to be finished any time soon... maybe I'll just use a Cleveian development schedule. /trollface.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
End of Neverwinter Open Beta Events!

Phase 1 – 2x Enchantments, 2x Runestones
Begins: June 14, 2013 at 12pm PDT
Ends: June 17, 2013 at 12am PDT
Details: Questing, gathering nodes in the fields of Neverwinter, and looting treasure chests have never been more rewarding. Every time an enchantment or runestone is awarded while playing, you’ll receive double the rewards. If you’ve dreamed of having T10 Enchantments or Runestones, there’s never been a better time to get in game!

Phase 2 – The Invasion
Begins: June 17, 2013 at 12am PDT
Ends: June 20, 2013 at 9am PDT
Details: Protector’s Enclave will be under attack! How can you help protect the city of Neverwinter? During the End of Open Beta Event, there are 5 locations around Protector’s Enclave that will be vulnerable to attack. Look for a message indicating where the portal appeared and help fend off groups of enemies threatening the city. Also, there will be smaller groups patrolling the city, from the portals to the market area, looking to terrorizing the denizens of Neverwinter – they need your help! When the Invasion event is running, you will receive an open mission for killing enemies while in Protector's Enclave. Portals will spawn at the top and bottom of the hour and stay open for 5 minutes then close.

Phase 3 – The Finale
Begins: June 19, 2013 at 12am PDT
Ends: June 20, 2013 at 9am PDT
Details: The invasion is not over by any means, adventurers. Even more dangerous and deadly creatures await their opportunity to destroy the city of Neverwinter. During the final phase of the Invasion, the Finale, terrifying Unhallowed Wights will make their presence known throughout the Forgotten Realms by coming through the portals and patrolling the city! These waves will be spaced 5 minutes apart.

However, if you successfully help keep Neverwinter safe during Phase 2 and Phase 3, you may be rewarded with some amazing items which are unique to this event! Throughout the event at the end of each portal wave, you will receive a bag of bones if you helped kill anything during the portal invasion. Collected bones can be taken to Makos' Apprentice in Protector's Enclave, by the market plaza, and exchanged for rewards. During the event, a Scroll of Deathly Aura may drop providing a minor buff to your character while granting a fire aura. Also, new unique enchantments may drop during this event which will provides 2 stat bonuses instead of 1. And, a new unique companion may drop during the last two phases. Which will it be? Join us during the End of Open Beta Event starting on June 14, 2013 to find out.
Well, at least they are doing something, I guess.

Let's see if they can keep it up after launch though.

Gerrard

Arcane
What? No they didn't

It's always been 12,5% when you use the remote version and not by talking to the auctioneer (and sometimes it bugs out and opens the remote version even when talking to them)?

J1M

Arcane
Pretty sure it was always 12% for me in-game. I never used the gateway AH.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom