Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Mindflayer I think. Game crashes quite a bit though. Have to re-verify right now.

Cool name

Arcane
That's the problem then. :(

The guild's on Dragon. Until they merge the shards players on one shard can't even send mail to players on a different one, nor private messages, nor anything.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
That's the problem then. :(

The guild's on Dragon. Until they merge the shards players on one shard can't even send mail to players on a different one, nor private messages, nor anything.

LOL Swell, I have to start a new character all over then? Is there a time for when they are going to merge?

Gerrard

Arcane
I heard some rumors that they won't do it at launch because the player numbers didn't drop as much as they expected. Don't know where that cam from, but I assume some dev post on the forums.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well that doesn't really add up with their MO when it comes to servers. They've always had a single mega-server and a test shard (two in case of STO), regardless of population.

Wild Slop

Arcane
What? No they didn't

It's always been 12,5% when you use the remote version and not by talking to the auctioneer (and sometimes it bugs out and opens the remote version even when talking to them)?
It had been bugging on me for the mail box. I would go to it in town and it would treat it like I were using the tool bar and wouldn't let me pick up my precious diamonds. So I have to exit out take a step towards the mailguy even though I was already close enough to interact with him in the first place and try again.

Today I noticed, thanks to Jim, that it does this with the Trade House as well in that sometimes it has the 12.5 listing instead. Same solution. I think it flashes an error message like "[Error] No remote version of Market" when this happens so keep a vigilant eye.

I noticed after a while of farming profession chests it starts to only give out crap. I got my first 'bag of holes' the other day, two in fact. It is a single inventory slot that it doesn't even let you use. I had only ever seen it on the trade house before and even considered buying if only to gain ??? 5? some small amount of inventory space. Good thing I didn't, those things aren't worth the inventory space it takes up to take back to the junk vender. Even so I'm joining the scum and matching the lowest buyout prices on exchange to see if anyone bites.

J1M

Arcane
Anyone else had their stats oscillate by about 500 gear rating while standing in town? Switching zones seems to fix the calculation, but the seesaw effect is kicking me out of dungeon queues when it drops below thresholds.

Vaarna_Aarne

I dunno, Tacoman got a worse ganking with this strategy. Undead seem to fancy themselves big celebrities, seeing how they apparently like having a huge number of weirdly dressed people swarm them the moment they step outside in public.

EDIT: Also, so far there's nothing much to say about the event rewards either. Savage Enchantment is just a 50/50 split between two stats, so it's not very essential (since you can just use regular enchants for the same effect). At least those drop like crazy.

Skeleton Dog is a rank 1 companion, and would require noticiable effort in lag-war around the portals to get. Meh.

Scroll of Deathly Aura is one-shot. If it were re-useable, it might have been something you'd use just to light yourself on fire. Wouldn't expect much damage. Meh.

Cool name

Arcane
Skeleton Dog is really cheap in the bonestore. 40 bones. At worst you need, like, 40 portal battles to get it. In practice you need like... five? Six, at worst.

And he's cutie pie! :D

I'll get one for each of my accounts. :3 Plus a few more to store in the hope I will be able to sell them for a small fortune in half a year or so.

But, yeah... I love Valindra and everything but, shit gurl, your invasion is terribad.

I am missing MegaTen's epic city invasions nao. Max level dudes falling like flies to hordes of uber-customized Rider Demons. :( That was an invasion. You were just happy of surviving the full stretch.

eklektyk

Erudite
got 2 bones ... 38 to go on my cleric [rogue got ziltch] so witch 30 min cooldowns it will require some grind..

and that lag OHGAWDZLAGGGGGGGG

Cool name

Arcane
Yeah, the LAG is bloody epic. I just aim in the general direction and let the auto-lock do the rest.

As an aside, it is true that you can't play this game from Korea? :eek:

Vaarna_Aarne

No idea, PWE does have some shenanigans with disabled regions though. For example, STO cannot be played in China.

IIRC Korea isn't one of the more restricted locations for them. I guess the most Koreans would complain about is all that racemixing going in Forgotten Realms.

Gerrard

Arcane
Combat report from the event
J4JiQ1s.jpg

THIS ALLEY
IT WAS MADE FOR ME
i5bRvRs.jpg

:yeah:
Q2wT4c2.jpg

Also more junk around the corner.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
"savage enchantment rank 1." sounds like fun loot.

Vaarna_Aarne

"savage enchantment rank 1." sounds like fun loot.
It's an Enchantment where the primary use is that in Offensive slots it's Crit/AP combo with a handful of extra points total (R3 has 10 points total extra, for example) compared to one-stat enchants.

Cool name

Arcane
No idea, PWE does have some shenanigans with disabled regions though. For example, STO cannot be played in China.

IIRC Korea isn't one of the more restricted locations for them. I guess the most Koreans would complain about is all that racemixing going in Forgotten Realms.

I did just check.

If you live in one of the following countries, or have an IP address connected to, or close to, one of the following countries, you will NOT be able to play any of our games.

These countries CAN NOT play Perfect World International.

China
Hong Kong
Macau
South Korea
Taiwan
Vietnam

Limited access:
Russia
Egypt

So, uhm, yeah. It seems there's no much point for me to keep at it. -_-U

Gerrard

Arcane
Well, 2 days until update.

I don't really see a point in doing the event at this time of day when I can just get up in the morning and have an entire portal for myself.

Gerrard

Arcane
The demo recorder is a pretty cool feature, something I wouldn't expect finding in an MMO. Playback interface is kinda clunky though.
fiASlIT.jpg

I wonder how badly the "launch" will go tomorrow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom