Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Cool name

Arcane
I was just running Lair of the Mad Dragon.

You know what? Let's leave the cute demongirl who is doing about a third of our total DPS to deal with ALL THE ADDS by herself.

Oh, shit. The dragon still has half a lifebar and we don't have DPS CW anymore.

Ooops.

We are all dead.

Fuck PUGs.

I'm so RAGE.

Do tanks in this game go to a special school for suckitude or are they like this from birth?

RAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGE

Edit: Best part.

Cute demongirl: 'Dudes, can you give me some cover? I'm full glass cannon here.'

Tank: 'I CAN DPS TOO!'

Spent five minutes dead waiting for the first wipe.

FIVE MINUTES.

Spent the last three minutes of the second try dead.

Eight fucking minutes not doing damage.

Was still several hundred thousand total damage over him by the end of the second try.

GJ, TANK GUY WHO CAN DPS! HOW ABOUT FUCKING TANKING?

RAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGE

Then Dragondude dies. Four surviving adds charge on the two survivors: GF and GWF. The cleric, the thief, and cute demongirl spend two minutes watching the two of them BEING UNABLE TO KILL THE FUCKING ADDS before reviving. They are still fighting when they decide to revive and kill the fucking things already.

RAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGE

Cool name

Arcane
Thirty... six? I believe on the test character. Thirty five on the Knight of Codexia. I have the free respec to fix my char if this build works. That dwarf thingie is going to be brutal. Lots of dudes with T2 and full Tene stacks eating cute demongirls alive. :( So scary.

Cool name

Arcane
Hahaha, no. My bad.

I have an old PWE account from a few years back which I use to store shit and where I have some of my IRL friends and stuff listed. I don't use that one to play with other people because I did make a very stupid mistake by using my real name (the asian one, not the western one) as a forum name. Back then we did not have the @forumname stuff and I never post in the forums so it was no trouble. Yet now...

So I use that account to test builds and play solo, and sometimes for a bit of PvP as well. I never join guilds, I never friend people, and I never chat on Zone with that account because if I start socializing people WILL sooner or later do 1+1. It's not that hard. So it is my nin-nin-nin account.

And, well, a few more professions slots in a game where you can actually transfer AD from an account to another? LOLYES.

I was going to delete it a while back but, uhm... I have almost two thousand zen from STO on that account as every time I am bored I just log in, do some dailies, refine, buy zen, then log out. It is amazing how you can end with enough for a ship by doing that for months. D: Which is amusing, because if I ever go back to STO and get the 500 zen I need to get a cool carrier ship I CAN'T PLAY WITH ANYONE USING IT. :? Which is one of the reasons I don't really feel like going back to STO.

Edit: Ah, yes, and it is also the account in which I have unlocked the Void and the Inventor for Champions. -__-U See the pattern yet? I'm not very bright.

Gerrard

Arcane
I didn't get to run anything because first I got disconnected in the second phase, and then when I tried re-logging I got disconnected 2 seconds after entering the area twice so I was like fuck it.

Cryptic quality.
Also they removed the bone exchange dude, r00fles!

Cool name

Arcane
According to the forums the new content is... lacking.

Please correct me because I am not sure if I did understand this properly:

1. It's not really 20vs20 but 5vs5.

2. There are four 5vs5 instances running for the each 'campaign' or whatever.

3. You may win your 5vs5 instance but still lose because the dudes in the other instances didn't win.

4. If a guild enters with several 5 man teams the teams may not end in the same side.

5. The loot tables at the end are shit.

Is this true?

Wild Slop

Arcane
What!? Not Luskan? Is there no guild in this guild, oh great and all powerful Massa Vaarna?

Ok OK. I'm a team player. Down with the villainous Luskan swine!

I pooled 70 bags together and ended up with only 1 more dog, I know others are having worse luck. But wait, theres more! Turns out I didn't send all the alts bag in mail and he 4 more bags one of which had a dead dog inside. Joy!

People in the pug chat talk of the bone merchant shortly coming back when the next patch comes around.
Now the question is, what do I spend all these bones on?
Any chance that desperate people will want a white dog o bones or should I go with the gamble enchant bag or what? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Going check out guarntlygrimmdark dwarfland later tonight.

Cool name

Arcane
Neither.

This may be wrong or outdated but the last I heard the savage enchantments were not working. You plug them in and... your numbers are exactly the same. Joy.

If true and still unfixed,

khaaaaaaan.jpg

CRYPTIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!

being without sto i checked back to neverwinter.
loaded my level 42 thief, stared shortly at its inventory filled with useless stuff and then quit.
build customization is just too lacking for me.
how did you endure that?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, I find it like a more finalized and streamlined version of Champions' archetypes (as I've said multiple times, I'd gladly larp Resistance/Demonflame/Aftershock/whatnot over at Champions with a Codex Cool Crew), and in many ways it's like a greatly improved version of Guild Wars 2. I find the more fast and furious style of gameplay enjoyable, and it feels to me that the choices you make regarding your current power selection have very significant effect on your playstyle and role within the class' function. And of course, there's the Foundry, which I've actually got more impetus to try out with NW since right now everything's so carefree.

Other fantasy MMOs just haven't quite done the same kind of click for me. I couldn't even finish leveling GW2, much less roll alts beyond tutorials.

J1M

Arcane
There is no point in killing most of the adds on the mad dragon fight. They respawn endlessly. Just CC them and finish them off as the big waves of adds spawn.

Cool name

Arcane
What!? Not Luskan? Is there no guild in this guild, oh great and all powerful Massa Vaarna?

Betrayer of d0rfiness. ¬_¬U

There is no point in killing most of the adds on the mad dragon fight. They respawn endlessly. Just CC them and finish them off as the big waves of adds spawn.

Yes, it's probably my fault in that part I guess. I am extremely competitive in MMOs when I am not going pure dedicated healer and the scoreboard did thus pretty much force me to base my entire build around MASSIVE DPS FOR GREAT JUSTICE. I have barely any control equiped most of the time, only straight DPS or DoT with any other effect being a bonus. :oops: Most of the time I just group the mobs and dance circles around then while pewpewpewing with no other control than a few chill stacks for slowness and bonus damage but I can't do that during a boss. I always blink into a wall or a red circle and then its LOLNO.

But then that's the job of the tank. I can keep evading the boss myself: It's just one HUGE DUDE that's hard to mistake. The tank's job is to keep the mob out my tail so I can actually concentrate on evading the HUGE DUDE while murdering him.

And then I also enjoy PvP even when it is really broken and GFs seem to be able to become immune to Control effects or something, so focusing on that did not seem very smart. In my first Domination I got ROFLSTOMPED by a dwarf who pretty much ignored everything I did cast and then I was, like, fuck control. -_-U I'm going to kill the fuckers with DEATH.

I am still trying to understand the thought process that made Cryptic not add a ranged pure DPS class on launch, though. :?

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
And then I also enjoy PvP even when it is really broken and GFs seem to be able to become immune to Control effects or something, so focusing on that did not seem very smart. In my first Domination I got ROFLSTOMPED by a dwarf who pretty much ignored everything I did cast and then I was, like, fuck control. -_-U I'm going to kill the fuckers with DEATH.
GFs are immune to control after a daily - so most of the time we are screwed when faggy mages are holding us.

J1M

Arcane
GFs are immune to control after a daily - so most of the time we are screwed when faggy mages are holding us.

That is from the barbarian's rage gauge, not a daily power.

Gerrard

Arcane
Queue times on GF sure are fun, I just did the Blacklake skirmish 7 times during the event. Why would they put that party composition requirement for skirmishes too is beyond me.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012

What is a barbarian rage gauge?

Queue times on GF sure are fun, I just did the Blacklake skirmish 7 times during the event. Why would they put that party composition requirement for skirmishes too is beyond me.
Wait for high level skirmishes ;)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Great Weapon Fighter's Determination gauge. It's basically barbarian rage.

Cool name

Arcane
I hope they fix their queue times. It's hard to enjoy the game when the skirmishes and the dungeons, the only PvE stuff I actually enjoy, has you waiting at least half an hour. And you can't really go do something else in the meantime because you have, like, five seconds to accept when it's finally time. I never had this problem in STO and CO other than with Gravitar, and that was because no one did Gravitar other than the same fifty dudes and dudettes day after day.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012

Great Weapon Fighter's Determination gauge. It's basically barbarian rage.
Aha. I thought we were talking about GFs - that's guardian fighter for me.

Cool name

Arcane
I thought GFs where the ones who were immune to control at times, too. :? Maybe it was a GWF, though. Maybe both. ¬¬ Everyone hates cutehot witches.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Okay, this game desperately needs a 4th Encounter slot and a 3rd or even 4th Feature slot. Just 2 At-Wills is fine as you are allowed to spam them and 2 Dailies is fine as well as you only end up using one anyway due to the Action Point requirement. Playing as a cleric in my experience however, having only 3 Encounter slots and 2 Feature slots to try to split damage, buffing, CC, and healing between, all of which you are expected to do as a cleric, is a real killer. The GF also seems like it would have this problem with self-buffing, crowd control, and damage being split. Few Encounter/Feature slots also limits tactics as well as makes a lot of skill investments pointless since a lot of powers you will never use as there's no open slot for them.

J1M

Arcane
Control Wizards have four slots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom