Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Cool name

Arcane
Does someone know if the new companion will be only available through drops or if it will be available in the bonestore as well?

I heard it is going to be a zombie dog or a skeleton dog or something like that, and that's just awesome.

Gerrard

Arcane
Pretty sure it was always 12% for me in-game. I never used the gateway AH.
Yeah, it is, when you access it by using the button at the top instead of talking to the auction NPCs. Nothing to do with gateway.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Does someone know if the new companion will be only available through drops or if it will be available in the bonestore as well?

I heard it is going to be a zombie dog or a skeleton dog or something like that, and that's just awesome.
Well if I get one you may have it. The only pet I'd keep is a honey badger, cat or ioun stone.

Cool name

Arcane
Thankies! :hug:

Is the Honey Badger any good? I only ever see the cat and the ioun stone of allure mentioned in the forums. :?

Well, that and 'Cleric until you get either one.'

Vaarna_Aarne

I don't know, I'm not shelling out 3500 Zen for a companion. I'd just use it because it's a honey badger.

And the reason the Stone and Cat are mentioned on the forums is because they're essentially stat boosters, granting 100% of their stats to the owner. The amount of stats they provide is the same in total (not counting items), 225 Crit/225 Rec for maxed Cat and 150 Pow/150 Crit/150 Rec for Stone, but apparently the Stone is better in the end due to being able to equip Tier 2 Epic Icon.

Vaarna_Aarne

Companions are doubly bad in this regard because they're one-shot purchases. At the very least, mounts are account-wide (last time I checked), though I've got R3 mount pro bono.

Cool name

Arcane
One hour queueing for Cragmire. -_-U

Still haven't gotten the goddamn run.

Either the system is borked or we are, like, five people playing the game at this hour. :?

Papa Môlé

Arcane
3500 zen = 35$, right?

Cryptic is on drugs. :D

Maybe you can dance for the money.

I actually downloaded this and tried it based off fond memories for original NWN MP PWs. Combat was okay, arguably better, but there doesn't seem to be much of anything else to do besides that. Doesn't feel quite like D&D as I know it. Dungeons don't seem to have much, if anything, in the way of traps or puzzles and there's no kind of social or knowledge checks, etc. Just a crafting system that requires more grinding. Not bad but seems like every other generic fantasy MMO and not really a game of D&D online.

Cool name

Arcane
Doesn't feel quite like D&D as I know it. Dungeons don't seem to have much, if anything, in the way of traps or puzzles and there's no kind of social or knowledge checks, etc.

Try a couple of Foundry quests. There are many that do implement social checks (based on your 'collection' skill), some puzzles, and the like. The Foundry does seem quite limited for now, though, so do not expect nothing impressive in terms of C&C, and most quests tend to be quite lineal. Even the ones that do try to include some exploration are often not very explorative. Even if you disable the breadcrumb path there is usually still a lot of markers and very clear indications on where to go and what to do, mainly because most players have the attention span of a goldfish and downvote like mad if they get lost or have any problem discovering where to go.

Vaarna_Aarne

So far my favourite moment in official content was this one fairly low-key puzzle we had when we first ran Pirate King dungeon with a Codex crew. There was this room at the early part of the dungeon with arcane runes and levers in it, and it was completely optional. Now, only a Wizard can read the runes, so it was pretty satisfying to "step back, this is a Wizard's job" and handily open the secret door. It didn't even matter the reward chest was bugged and turned out to be empty, for me opening the secret door was reward in itself.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, hopefully there'll be plenty of party-based Foundry stuff. Dungeons are a bit hectic, though we had a great time in Pirate King due to taking it more methodically (the nice floating jungle scenery also helped).

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Doesn't feel quite like D&D as I know it. Dungeons don't seem to have much, if anything, in the way of traps or puzzles and there's no kind of social or knowledge checks, etc.

Try a couple of Foundry quests. There are many that do implement social checks (based on your 'collection' skill), some puzzles, and the like. The Foundry does seem quite limited for now, though, so do not expect nothing impressive in terms of C&C, and most quests tend to be quite lineal. Even the ones that do try to include some exploration are often not very explorative. Even if you disable the breadcrumb path there is usually still a lot of markers and very clear indications on where to go and what to do, mainly because most players have the attention span of a goldfish and downvote like mad if they get lost or have any problem discovering where to go.

Thanks, I guess I'll do that. Although, I will say they're going to need a different or more complex system than user voting for the Foundry content or this is going to turn into Happy Wheels.

So, where's the Codex group for this?

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Couldn't find you. Try sending me a tell or mail Sir Watson@Crispy8181

FFS. Game made me run all over looking for a postal clerk to send mail. Finally find it and it says I'm not high enough level to send mail. Tried to send you a friend invite instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom