Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I've read that CHA is a trap for wizards, crit is really easy to gear for and the recovery/ap gain from WIS is godly.

Gerrard

Arcane
Recovery actually has double diminishing returns, because it's not "cooldown reduction", it's "recharge speed increase". First you get diminishing returns on the amount of recharge speed increase you get from the recovery stat, and then you get diminishing returns on the cooldown reduction gained from recharge speed increase.

According to the Wiki CHA for Control Wizards does add Critical Chance, not Critical Severity. Nao I am kunfused. :?

That's why I wanted to go full CHA: 1% critical chance and 1% combat advantage damage per point over 10 does seem to synergize pretty well with some of the renegade feats and all that.
Critical severity is the amount of extra damage a critical hit does. So if it's at 75% and you get a critical 2% of the time, then that would be 1,5% extra damage on average. There are also ways to increase it.

Gonna be 60 soon. What's the best way to farm for gear? Pvp or dungeons? (gwf)
Auction house.

We might actually have enough people for a 2GF/3GWF group at this point.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I am terrible at math, but I think it goes something like this:
Critical severity starts at 75% so that would be 0,02 * 0,75 = 0,015. So that's 1,5% extra damage on average, versus 1% from INT point.
Severity starts at 50%, IIRC. Keep in mind that the bonus damage from INT will also factor into critical damage, so it's not wise to neglect INT. Another important thing is that INT also increases Recharge Speed by a steady amount, giving the wizard more of his or her favourite thing: Spam.

I've read that CHA is a trap for wizards, crit is really easy to gear for and the recovery/ap gain from WIS is godly.
CHA is +1% crit chance per point, no diminishing returns.

Recovery is a tertiary stat, comes in after Power and Crit in importance for wizards. Also has really fast diminishing returns to the stat->bonus. As for AP gain, the Wizard's bread and butter AP gain is: That's right, Crits. Renegade has a feat that's essentially 5% of the Daily gauge filled as extra every 10 seconds or so. You also want maximum possible Crit for Ice Knife is almost certain to be your secondary Daily.

Vaarna_Aarne

Armor Penetration appears to be one of the weakest stats in the game, assuming consistency to the way Cryptic's damage resistance model works, your gains are miniscule at best, and the diminishing returns are extremely fast.

Gerrard

Arcane
Critical severity starts at 75% (unless it's different for different classes), deflection severity at 50%.

By the way, there's this thing
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?323562-Major-updates-on-the-way
Major updates on the way!

Hey everyone,

We've got some great news for you! While we've been working hard to address the majority of critical bugs and exploits, we've also been working on some fun stuff based on your feedback! Throughout Open Beta, we've been listening very closely to your feedback and hope to have some updates going live very soon.

At this very moment we are putting the final touches on a build that incorporates a ton of improvements to the various systems in Neverwinter. Thanks to all the helpful feedback we've received from our community, we've got updates coming for PVP, the Queue System, the Auction House, Gateway, the user interface, and game performance. Additionally, we've got tons of fixes coming regarding quests, Dungeon Delves, and rewards.

That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!

But, we're not there yet! After we deploy this patch, we'll still need to collect feedback to ensure that we've met our goals and performed the updates that our players have asked for the most. Once the Patch Notes go live, feel free to comment on the thread to let us know your thoughts!

Thanks again so much for your helpful feedback. We'll see you in Neverwinter!
smile.png

~The Neverwinter Team​
If you're thinking about respeccing you might want to wait. Unless it's just more lies.

J1M

Arcane
Until we see some actual math, I would take a lot of these recommendations with a grain of salt.

Vaarna_Aarne

It'd be nice if they handled it like Champions did, and handed free respecs to those affected by major changes.

EDIT: The only recommendation that's 100% accurate is that Power does not provide much benefit after 2000-2500 mark.

J1M

Arcane
Don't use the gateway for collecting tasks that reward AD, it's still broken.

And wouldn't 16/16 be better than 17/14?

Given how easy it would be to check this for yourself, I'm surprised you are spreading this misinformation.

It works fine.

Gerrard

Arcane
Given how easy it is to check it, I have no idea how you managed to fuck it up. Did you actually exit the game before doing it?

I did check it yesterday, because some retard on the Cryptic forums kept insisting that the game automatically refines your diamonds when you log in, which it never did in the first place.

Gerrard

Arcane
http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=885581

Neverwinter is live on June 20, 2013

We're excited to announce that our most anticipated and widely-acclaimed free-to-play action MMORPG, Neverwinter, concludes Open Beta Testing and launches on June 20, 2013! The launch day also marks the release of Gauntlgrym, our level 60 PvE and PvP content for veteran players. New challenges await within Gauntlgrym as players fight for the greatest treasures hidden deep in the ancient Dwarven city. Seasoned veterans who have mastered the many dungeon delves and skirmishes in Neverwintershould prepare for their toughest challenges yet. Enter the battlegrounds and prove who is most deserving of Neverwinter's riches.

Fury of the Feywild, the first free content expansion for Neverwinter announced
In addition to our launch date, we're revealing the first Module for Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild. As revealed on May 9, 2013, the upcoming free content expansion for Neverwinter will be due this summer that chronicles an attempt by Fomorian Giants to seize the Elven city of Sharandar. More details will be available on the Module's microsite at: http://nw.perfectworld.com/module1. Check back often and see what new details are unveiled.

Cool name

Arcane
"Once the thriving capital of an ancient dwarven civilization, the lost city of Gauntlgrym is now a battleground for level sixty adventurers..."

Way to break both my immershun and the fourth wall, narrator dude.

And that expansion does make pretty obvious the first class will be the Ranger indeed. I will be purring sadly on my corner. :(

J1M

Arcane
Given how easy it is to check it, I have no idea how you managed to fuck it up. Did you actually exit the game before doing it?

I did check it yesterday, because some retard on the Cryptic forums kept insisting that the game automatically refines your diamonds when you log in, which it never did in the first place.

Worked for me today. How long must one be logged out for it break?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
"Once the thriving capital of an ancient dwarven civilization, the lost city of Gauntlgrym is now a battleground for level sixty adventurers..."

Way to break both my immershun and the fourth wall, narrator dude.

And that expansion does make pretty obvious the first class will be the Ranger indeed. I will be purring sadly on my corner. :(

Good warlocks get their powers from the Fey.

Cool name

Arcane

It did work for me in the morning when I did just decided to try it meself so that we can all go back to being friends. :S I did fall asleep doing some stuffies in the meantime so I was offline for four or five hours.

Good warlocks get their powers from the Fey.

Yup. But from what I do know the Warlock they are going to add is the Infernal+Cthulhu variant. :(

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I will be Adam Warlock from the Cancerverse. FLARRGHHHHHH

I hope the Warlock will be a spellsword hybrid. I got bored on my Wizard around level 40.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
There's nothing stopping them from adding generic Warlocks anyway.
Other than the fact that Scourge Warlocks are limited to the infernal and star pact. They'll probably want something that is p. distinct from the control wizard in theme and gameplay anyway.

Cool name

Arcane
I hope the Warlock will be a spellsword hybrid. I got bored on my Wizard around level 40.

If the dude from the intro is to be taken seriously they will have pact blades, so maybe they will play like a ranged/melee/debuff hybrid or something.

Gerrard

Arcane
qNpD7QC.png
jRqm1eG.png

Datamined stuff. There are also icons for rank 10 enchantments.

I'll log in now and make a caravan task to check.
Actually, I just thought maybe it doesn't matter where you collect the task, but where you start it? I'll do one from in-game and one from the gateway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom