Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Fishy

Savant
Decimal scaling is going to be a godsend.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
^^^
There's a permanent discount on gog-games.com friendo

"Three new portraits"

Finally reaches the requirement for 'enhancement'.

FUKK OFF BEAMDOG!
I guess you missed the parts with the Curated Content interface, UI scaling and renderer upgrades.

You mean the absolute fucking minimum, which should have been the basis of the EE to begin with?

Gargaune

Magister
"Three new portraits"

Finally reaches the requirement for 'enhancement'.

FUKK OFF BEAMDOG!
I guess you missed the parts with the Curated Content interface, UI scaling and renderer upgrades.

You mean the absolute fucking minimum, which should have been the basis of the EE to begin with?
Bro, I was talking about this patch, not the EE to date. Now if you wanna discuss the EE overall, its main selling point to general audiences today is Tyrants of the Moonsea, and I'd argue the new lighting model and UI scaling features are also attractive developments while, going forward, that Curated Content interface could be an interesting play. When you factor in the focus on modder-oriented developments in the EE, it's clear Beamdog's intentions are to capitalise on the modern market for user-generated content, but I think they can't escape the need for more new, official content if they wanna make it stick.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Okay people. Out of total boredom morbid curiosity I decided to check out the EE in its current state.
All I can say is: BITCH, ARE YOU FOR REAL?!
Oh and also I'm playing the goddamn OC, too, just to add to the taste of shit.

I actually had a positive first impression because Beamdog at least managed to add a lot of new options for how the game is played. You can fine tune a lot of settings now, that's nice.

However, that's about the only good thing I could find. The graphic improvements are barely noticeable, the UI is still kinda shit no matter what scaling you use. By the way, Malamert told me in Shoutbox yesterday how Beamdog silently dropped their new shader project. What a bunch of absolute cocksuckers. Anyway, among my many many gripes:
The companion AI is still retarded as hell. I know for a fact there are AI mods that improve it by a lot. Why can't these nincompoops steal one of those, of all things? I'm not even talking about things like inventory access/full control over the OC companions - which if I recall correctly they said was "too hard" to do - I'm talking simple combat improvements. All the caster companions are shit because the AI can't handle casting. Ranged combat inside buildings creates constant pathing issues so they stop attacking entirely. You can bring along a bard or a wizard but neither can identify items for you.

They could at the very least overhaul and tweak the OC. Its not like its some sacred cow to the community, pretty much everybody agrees that it is at best derivative and boring. Beamdog could stretch their creative muscles here. There are also plenty of annoyances outside of companions in the OC that could be fixed. It would be as easy as using the module creator.

Just absolutely disgusting situation all-around.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
For some reason I think Beamdog hid vsync and anti-aliasing in the settings in their latest updates. I recall having to go into the game's .ini files to enable them. Dunno why they'd do that.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Okay people. Out of total boredom morbid curiosity I decided to check out the EE in its current state.
All I can say is: BITCH, ARE YOU FOR REAL?!
Oh and also I'm playing the goddamn OC, too, just to add to the taste of shit.

I actually had a positive first impression because Beamdog at least managed to add a lot of new options for how the game is played. You can fine tune a lot of settings now, that's nice.

However, that's about the only good thing I could find. The graphic improvements are barely noticeable, the UI is still kinda shit no matter what scaling you use. By the way, Malamert told me in Shoutbox yesterday how Beamdog silently dropped their new shader project. What a bunch of absolute cocksuckers. Anyway, among my many many gripes:
The companion AI is still retarded as hell. I know for a fact there are AI mods that improve it by a lot. Why can't these nincompoops steal one of those, of all things? I'm not even talking about things like inventory access/full control over the OC companions - which if I recall correctly they said was "too hard" to do - I'm talking simple combat improvements. All the caster companions are shit because the AI can't handle casting. Ranged combat inside buildings creates constant pathing issues so they stop attacking entirely. You can bring along a bard or a wizard but neither can identify items for you.

They could at the very least overhaul and tweak the OC. Its not like its some sacred cow to the community, pretty much everybody agrees that it is at best derivative and boring. Beamdog could stretch their creative muscles here. There are also plenty of annoyances outside of companions in the OC that could be fixed. It would be as easy as using the module creator.

Just absolutely disgusting situation all-around.
Just to add, the game runs like shit on my notebook, when the diamond edition runs without any hiccups. My friend bought that crap for Android, from all places, to play in his phone while I play on PC. The problem is, when you buy it on Android, it doesn't say anywhere that you need to enter in the beta program to play online, because snce December, the actual frontpage build stopped working on multiplayer. And, shame on them, I needed to find this information on freaking reddit, because in the official forum they didn't said about the beta. I don't know why I bother anymore.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-4-22_18-27-8.png

THIS IS HOW A FUCKING COMPANION SHOULD WORK BEAMDOG

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I like how nobody knows what the original halfling thief dude portrait was from.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom