Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

rogueknight333

Arbiter
So its 25 cents here in niggertina and i own the diamond edition already, worth the price?

If you are interested in multiplayer stuff, yes. But Most SP modules should probably be played on Diamond by preference (less chance of bugs).

Gargaune

Magister
So I was skimming the Vault the other day, and came across their discussion of Beamdog's HD pack. First comment was from a guy who mocked up a quick fix for the pelvis mismatch I mentioned earlier:

blubb.jpg

It also seems like there are some further issues than my quick inspection revealed (e.g. "complete catastrophe trying to use horses"). I didn't see anything about the tint maps mismatch at a quick glance, though. rogueknight333, presumably it's the same Vault crowd running that wiki, is it worth mentioning it to them?

On the bright side, it looks like modders are already hard at work with Beamdog's new UI features backporting one of NWN2's best features to NWN EE... the Quickcast menu:

Reportedly still buggy, it's a WIP, but that'll be some serious Incline if completed.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
First comment was from a guy who mocked up a quick fix for the pelvis mismatch I mentioned earlier

Isn't this thinner pelvis going to have the legs/ass clipping through it during animation since the engine doesn't use skinned meshes?

Gargaune

Magister
Isn't this thinner pelvis going to have the legs/ass clipping through it during animation since the engine doesn't use skinned meshes?

You mean more than Beamdog's one? I don't think it'll make a noticeable difference since NWN's parts-based models always involved some clipping. If you're thinking about the upper thigh mesh clipping out through the back of the ass, I'd imagine that's easy to model around.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
.... It also seems like there are some further issues than my quick inspection revealed (e.g. "complete catastrophe trying to use horses"). I didn't see anything about the tint maps mismatch at a quick glance, though. rogueknight333, presumably it's the same Vault crowd running that wiki, is it worth mentioning it to them? ...

AFAIK, it appears to involve a lot of the same people, yes. If you are hoping someone will actually do something about an issue it prorbably does not hurt to bug them about it though.

Gargaune

Magister
AFAIK, it appears to involve a lot of the same people, yes. If you are hoping someone will actually do something about an issue it prorbably does not hurt to bug them about it though.
I meant to ask if you wouldn't mind passing the above image if you have a chance, I don't have a Vault registration. Direct link to the example image, it's easy to see what the problem is and this is just one example, there are other instances:
https://i.ibb.co/BGRQVsz/nwn-ee-hd2.jpg

Honestly, I doubt anyone's gonna go through the trouble of fixing it, you'd have to inspect all model parts side-by-side and there's a lot of 'em. But if they've got a bug tracker, it's probably worth being aware of it, the fact that is that numerous HD outfits are just not gonna look like their intended originals (or their inventory thumbnails, for that matter).

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
quick q for the hivemind, is it ok to play on easy?

I once finished the OC with a cleric/fighter(1) on normal or even hardcore difficulty, I think it was hardcore and henchmen were useless on that difficulty so I solo'd it. Right now I'm playing a wizard in SoU, I don't have much experience playing wizards so I'm wondering if I just need to git gud or easy is the way to go. I was playing with summons, a sneak attacking familiar and a henchman and still got slaughtered by rats on normal lol.

Cael

Arcane
quick q for the hivemind, is it ok to play on easy?

I once finished the OC with a cleric/fighter(1) on normal or even hardcore difficulty, I think it was hardcore and henchmen were useless on that difficulty so I solo'd it. Right now I'm playing a wizard in SoU, I don't have much experience playing wizards so I'm wondering if I just need to git gud or easy is the way to go. I was playing with summons, a sneak attacking familiar and a henchman and still got slaughtered by rats on normal lol.
Make your henchman the lockpicker and take the panther or faerie dragon familiar to tank. Use Sleep spells at first rather than Magic Missile. Magic Missile at level 1 is a trap. And keep your distance with a crossbow or bow in hand. Do all the quests in the village first before stepping outside the gates. You will need the XP.

Although... What rats? Are you referring to the kobolds?

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Make your henchman the lockpicker and take the panther or faerie dragon familiar to tank. Use Sleep spells at first rather than Magic Missile. Magic Missile at level 1 is a trap. And keep your distance with a crossbow or bow in hand. Do all the quests in the village first before stepping outside the gates. You will need the XP.

Although... What rats? Are you referring to the kobolds?

no, rats. I had forgotten about them too as I've only played melee chars in SoU before, and the rats always died instantly.

Thx, I thought about going back and using sleep, but then I was like nah, who knows what other stupid shit will crop up. Like everyone running around and casting non-defensively in melee. But I will try switching back to normal after getting a couple of levels.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is this truly the last enhancement to a classic game Beamdog are going to make? Say it ain't so.

After all; they still have DA:O and DA:2 to go yet. Look at all the DLC and graffics they can improve upon. The faces for NWN:EE in particular, are fantastic work.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Switched back to normal, very doable after getting a couple of levels. However right now I'm getting one-shotted by J'Nah and her lightning spells. Main problem seems to be that my retarded henchman and summons are just standing around after the conversation.

Cael

Arcane
Switched back to normal, very doable after getting a couple of levels. However right now I'm getting one-shotted by J'Nah and her lightning spells. Main problem seems to be that my retarded henchman and summons are just standing around after the conversation.
Did you do the crypt first? And other areas?

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

I did everything except Rumgut.

I beat her on easy, turned back to normal, got wrecked by the Manticore and decided this was no good. Right now I'm breezing through the OC with a wizard, the OC seems much more forgiving for low HP characters.

Cael

Arcane

I did everything except Rumgut.

I beat her on easy, turned back to normal, got wrecked by the Manticore and decided this was no good. Right now I'm breezing through the OC with a wizard, the OC seems much more forgiving for low HP characters.
The OC starts you off, basically, at level 3.

Rumgut gives quite a bit of XP and a good amulet, and you don't have to fight him...

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Rumgut gives quite a bit of XP and a good amulet, and you don't have to fight him...

true, but you "start" SoU at level 2 (after the village quests). I'm close to finishing chapter I of the OC now, level 7, and so far it was very smooth sailing. YMMV, but I'd rather not play an arcane spellcaster in SoU.

BTW how glorious it is to be playing a game from saner times. The implied rape in Daelan's backstory, a male prostitute that refuses to serve fags, and not a single tranny character yet... awesome.

Cael

Arcane

true, but you "start" SoU at level 2 (after the village quests). I'm close to finishing chapter I of the OC now, level 7, and so far it was very smooth sailing. YMMV, but I'd rather not play an arcane spellcaster in SoU.

BTW how glorious it is to be playing a game from saner times. The implied rape in Daelan's backstory, a male prostitute that refuses to serve fags, and not a single tranny character yet... awesome.
SoU has much better unique loot items. The OC tends to be quite generic.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From Luke Scull's Patreon last month: https://www.patreon.com/posts/siege-of-and-of-59857307

Siege of Shadowdale and Crimson Tides of Tethyr Enhanced Editions

1.jpg
1.jpg

I'm delighted to announce that my NWVault Hall of Fame modules Siege of Shadowdale and Crimson Tides of Tethyr will be receiving Enhanced Edition updates!

A little while back, Beamdog's Derek French confirmed that they'd like to add the modules to the Curated Content section of the main game. Now's the perfect time to give them a new coat of paint and ensure they play well with the latest version of NWNEE. What does a new coat of paint entail? Firstly, I want to ensure they're compatible with the new HD Models and Texture Pack. This means stripping out some of the older custom content that conflicts with the pack. I'd like to use ProjectQ to enhance the creature art in both modules. I may add some additional content depending on time restraints. Finally, I'll be fixing any bugs or issues I encounter. This is where I could use your help: if you've played these modules (either in 1.69 or EE) and you recall any bugs or issues (poor design, etc) that could use addressing, I'd be very grateful if you could post on this thread on Reddit, or else e-mail me at creativetitan@gmail.com

My hope is to get the enhanced modules added to the game early next year.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Never got around to Siege, but Crimson Tides was excellent, glad to hear they're getting some love and a spot as Curated Content. Hell, if Beamdog could spare some change for a bit of VO and portraits, it might've benefited them to have the two as EE DLC, seeing as they lead up to their official TotM campaign.

But this...
Firstly, I want to ensure they're compatible with the new HD Models and Texture Pack.
Uh-oh. I'm concerned about growing adoption of the HD Art Pack in its current state. I'm not in love with it, I'm not using it and, given that very unfortunate tintmap mismatch with the original assets, it means that mod builders have to design outfits for one or the other. This was a nasty bit of negligence on Beamdog's part, especially given their assumed goal of maintaining "full compatibility" with the DE's content. Yeah, it'll work, but stuff won't look right.

Last edited:

Luke Scull

Ossian Studios
Developer
Never got around to Siege, but Crimson Tides was excellent, glad to hear they're getting some love and a spot as Curated Content. Hell, if Beamdog could spare some change for a bit of VO and portraits, it might've benefited them to have the two as EE DLC, seeing as they lead up to their official TotM campaign.

But this...
Firstly, I want to ensure they're compatible with the new HD Models and Texture Pack.
Uh-oh. I'm concerned about growing adoption of the HD Art Pack in its current state. I'm not in love with it, I'm not using it and, given that very unfortunate tintmap mismatch with the original assets, it means that mod builders have to design outfits for one or the other. This was a nasty bit of negligence on Beamdog's part, especially given their assumed goal of maintaining "full compatibility" with the DE's content. Yeah, it'll work, but stuff won't look right.

I'm very mindful of the current state of the HD stuff. I'll figure it out.

So, it's been... 18 years? since I've played the OC for NWN and I was thinking about giving it another go in the EE. Is any particular class a must play? I was thinking of either a Mage, Paladin or Thief. What would be the most fitting thematically?
I know SoU and HotU are a separate thing that are better off making a new character for. In regards to the OC though, would the aforementioned classes hamstring me in any way?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom