Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alright bros I’m going to spin up a new Swordflight play through. I’ve done a paladin before, any recommendations for a character?
Barbarian

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Personally, I don't think I would install this big shiny new update from the community. Probably adds nothing substantial and is likely to break things. If it ain't broke, and you try to fix it- well, you fucking deserve the aggravation of trying to fix it again, you monkeys :P

Snufkin

Augur
Personally, I don't think I would install this big shiny new update from the community. Probably adds nothing substantial and is likely to break things. If it ain't broke, and you try to fix it- well, you fucking deserve the aggravation of trying to fix it again, you monkeys :P
To be honest thats really nice pack, upgrading look of items and most important FACES/ARMORS Etc.. It makes this ugly game look decent.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
To be honest thats really nice pack, upgrading look of items and most important FACES/ARMORS Etc.. It makes this ugly game look decent.
Well, try it, report back, and if it doesn't cause terrible stutter on even the most powerful rigs like Beamdog's HD pack because of these "visual enhancements", I'm open to being a never say never kind of guy. Tbh, I just got done playing Swordflight 1 and 2 (and about half of 3) back to back and I desperately need a break from NWN. I always come back to it though. It might be a few years, but I always come back.

Snufkin

Augur
Well, try it, report back, and if it doesn't cause terrible stutter on even the most powerful rigs like Beamdog's HD pack because of these "visual enhancements", I'm open to being a never say never kind of guy. Tbh, I just got done playing Swordflight 1 and 2 (and about half of 3) back to back and I desperately need a break from NWN. I always come back to it though. It might be a few years, but I always come back.
https://neverwintervault.org/projec...k/beamdogs-hd-art-pack-community-fixes?page=2
If you get stutter, install Beamdog low quality PLT aswell. It works smooth on my potato PC.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
https://neverwintervault.org/projec...k/beamdogs-hd-art-pack-community-fixes?page=2
If you get stutter, install Beamdog low quality PLT aswell. It works smooth on my potato PC.
I did try it and still got the stutter. Of course I'm playing in 4K at the highest detail settings (don't have the desire to fuss with settings other than quality presets) so that's not helping. I've always been hypersensitive to stutter or microstutter that occurs regularly on screen every few steps. Occasional stutter I can deal with, like in the game I'm currently playing Conan Exiles. NWN:EE without the Beamdog pack runs beautifully on my i9, RTX 3070 build at 4k otherwise.

Gargaune

Magister
So after new update, weapon sprites are black:
https://www.imgup.cam/ib/Vine6UIfJO.jpg
Only those weapons who are included into HD patch: Great Axe, Kukri, Great Sword, Katana, Long Sword, Rapier, Short Sword (https://neverwintervault.org/projec...l-hakpak/beamdogs-hd-art-pack-community-fixes)
are affected. Anyone know how to fix it?
EDIT: It seems like tower shields are also affected.
First off, go run the Toolset (Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition\bin\win32\nwtoolset.exe), do you have a shader compilation error pop up? I had broken shaders after applying the delta patch, caused my spell visuals to go missing, it went away with a clean reinstall.

Even if you don't get errors, it's still worth trying a fresh install - backup your EE's user folder in Documents, uninstall all of NWN EE from Windows and also delete any folders left behind anywhere. Then install everything again from the latest full build (not the previous one plus patch!), run it once to initialise, and then put your Documents folder back.

I did try it and still got the stutter. Of course I'm playing in 4K at the highest detail settings (don't have the desire to fuss with settings other than quality presets) so that's not helping.
Your settings and hardware won't make a difference, the bottleneck is likely in the game engine itself which wasn't designed to handle high res assets.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Snufkin

Augur
So after new update, weapon sprites are black:
https://www.imgup.cam/ib/Vine6UIfJO.jpg
Only those weapons who are included into HD patch: Great Axe, Kukri, Great Sword, Katana, Long Sword, Rapier, Short Sword (https://neverwintervault.org/projec...l-hakpak/beamdogs-hd-art-pack-community-fixes)
are affected. Anyone know how to fix it?
EDIT: It seems like tower shields are also affected.
First off, go run the Toolset (Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition\bin\win32\nwtoolset.exe), do you have a shader compilation error pop up? I had broken shaders after applying the delta patch, caused my spell visuals to go missing, it went away with a clean reinstall.

Even if you don't get errors, it's still worth trying a fresh install - backup your EE's user folder in Documents, uninstall all of NWN EE from Windows and also delete any folders left behind anywhere. Then install everything again from the latest full build (not the previous one plus patch!), run it once to initialise, and then put your Documents folder back.

I did try it and still got the stutter. Of course I'm playing in 4K at the highest detail settings (don't have the desire to fuss with settings other than quality presets) so that's not helping.
Your settings and hardware won't make a difference, the bottleneck is likely in the game engine itself which wasn't designed to handle high res assets.
Thanks for effort, I already fixed it with some dudes on Discord, I renamed documents/Neverwinter nights and let game create new one, and then i installed all mods i want again into that folder. Worked magicly lol.

ind33d

Educated
would an old cripple enjoy NWN1 multiplayer? how alive is it still? i'm looking for an RPG a retard can play

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
... Hopefully I didn't break the module when it comes to the Big Showdown at the end and Gorav is suppose to be there but instead he's still standing in that remote corner of the fortress like Mike at the end of Blair Witch project. Haha. But if I never see Gorav again it will be too soon.

I expected players to defeat Gorav, but not doing so should not break anything, and do nothing more than cost you a little XP.

My goal when designing the Hobgoblin bosses was to play a little joke by making goblinoid enemies that make the player feel the way I imagine the typical goblin feels when adventurers come to kill him. It seems I was not entirely unsuccessful, as a fair number of people seem to find encountering Gorav rather traumatic. Currently he is actually nerfed a bit from the version that appeared in the module's initial release.

He was nerfed?! What did you change?

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Are the best dips for wizard monk, rogue/shadow dancer? Maybe cleric for animal domain to get stronger summons?

Thought about playing an evil wizard in SF and not trying to go the melee route but trying to play an almost "pure" wizard.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
is the epic vrock worth investing into considering how hard enemies are in latter chapters of swordflight?

rogueknight333

Arbiter
is the epic vrock worth investing into considering how hard enemies are in latter chapters of swordflight?

Probably not, default summons are almost worthless in Swordflight at high levels. However, in Ch. 5, there is a special quest Blackguards can undertake that will significantly enhance the power of their summons. It may still happen too late in the series to make it the feat a worthwhile investment, though.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
thanks. can I start a new game and jump straight to chapter 3 with new class and race because I got bored several years ago and uninstalled it, together with savegames? also, does it still work good on diamond edition or I must instal EE? Last question : which weapons you can coat poison with? I assume all slashing and piercing.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
thanks. can I start a new game and jump straight to chapter 3 with new class and race because I got bored several years ago and uninstalled it, together with savegames?

Yes, you can start any chapter without having played the previous ones. However, in this case you may not benefit from certain actions you took in previous chapters that get recorded in the database, such as altering Zarala's alignment or gaining certain companions.

also, does it still work good on diamond edition or I must instal EE?

It is still possible to play on Diamond, and I actually recommend doing so, as novel bugs keep cropping up in EE.

Last question : which weapons you can coat poison with? I assume all slashing and piercing.

The default Bioware Use Poison feat only works on slashing and piercing weapons. However, the custom "Vial of Potent Poison" item I include in the series can apply its bonuses to any type of melee weapon. That item is probably the only worthwhile way to take advantage of the Use Poison feat as the default Bioware poisons do not do much and last only for a very brief period.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom