Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Gargaune

Arcane
Gargaune my man, I have a problem with the Fernigold the Younger quest. I have placed all the items on the throne (checked with the walkthrough to see if it's correct) but nothing happens.

https://neverwintervault.org/rolovault/projects/nwn1/modules/5122/Daggerford_Readme_v1.2.txt

Here it says that there used to be a problem with the obelisk not teleporting you inside despite placing all the required items. Can you confirm this quest is still bugged?
Never had a problem with the quest, did it once on the old PM and twice on the new EE version. After placing the items on the throne, you need to activate the obelisk again and touch it, did you do that?

Activate the obelisk, if you got the map from Klevtor at the Daggerford docks, you'll be able to speak the password and get the instructions. Put the large bone, the badger heart and the berry on the throne, then activate the obelisk again and select to touch it, at which point you should be teleported inside.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I've finished Darkness over Daggerford.

4/5

The most important thing (for Codexers) first: combat is piss easy. And I'm not a combatfag or even buildfag. If you're a combatfag and you can't appreciate other things about RPG's, give this game a wide berth.

The game revolves mostly about minor puzzle/detective gameplay with some minor combat thrown in. I really enjoyed the writing in dialogues etc., which was a high point of the game. Seriously, it puts (modern) AAA games to shame, very atmospheric, a bit witty and pretty humorous at times. The plot is not worthy of praise, however. It can all be seen coming from a mile away.

I solved the quests in the order they came up, or clearing the map from north to south. It's really an open world game though, especially because there are basically no tough enemies gating anything. Some quests offer multiple solutions, but most of the early ones didn't. I especially missed evil approaches to quests and dialogues (this is remedied a bit later on). Also there are practically no alignment changes happening, you can pick good dialogue lines and literally accept doggy saving quests and remain evil. So the roleplaying options and replayability are limited, I don't know if I'd play the game again.

The world is very well realized, with a lot of backtracking (which isn't a problem because of fast travel and many waypoints) because people and events keep referencing each other. Just like with the later Ultimas, you get to know people on a personal level and can connect to their everyday problems which makes the world feel very alive. There's a bit of reactivity and skill and class checks in dialogue.

There's good loot in abundance, but not too much, just the right amount to round out your build.

tl;dr if you enjoy the later Ultima's, you'll very much like this game. Combatfags look elsewhere.

Pikoman

Literate
Yo, is my copy of the module funky or something, or is the no ammo allowed for selling restriction in Swordflight Chapter 5 I've read about been rolled back? I couldn't sell no arrows, bullets and bolts prior to doing the monk quest, as I assume it is supposed to be. I'm currently back in Nashkel and merchants suddenly like buying my arrows, bullets and whatever, is this intended?

Good to see the class specific quest formula making a return btw, the monk quest was pretty fun, going to do the rogue one next now.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Yo, is my copy of the module funky or something, or is the no ammo allowed for selling restriction in Swordflight Chapter 5 I've read about been rolled back? I couldn't sell no arrows, bullets and bolts prior to doing the monk quest, as I assume it is supposed to be. I'm currently back in Nashkel and merchants suddenly like buying my arrows, bullets and whatever, is this intended? ...

There are a couple merchants (those at the fair) who will buy ammo, but most should not.

Pikoman

Literate
Yo, is my copy of the module funky or something, or is the no ammo allowed for selling restriction in Swordflight Chapter 5 I've read about been rolled back? I couldn't sell no arrows, bullets and bolts prior to doing the monk quest, as I assume it is supposed to be. I'm currently back in Nashkel and merchants suddenly like buying my arrows, bullets and whatever, is this intended? ...

There are a couple merchants (those at the fair) who will buy ammo, but most should not.
Ah I see, so it's intended. For whatever reason I thought that you flagged all ammo as unsellable, no matter the merchant, while I briefly skimmed through the vault comments on Chapter 5's page. The fair merchants are the ones that buy my ammo, the others do not.

Could understand the rationale of forbidding the sale of ammo though for balancing reasons, even though the two class quests I've just finished swamped me with gold like crazy anyways so the ban on selling ammo, as expensive as those bullets are, wouldn't have helped much anyhow, if you'd intended a huge gold squish for the chapter(though the little fucker Vitiare and the informant shaking you down are good enough tools for that). The quests got me fat stacks all the while allowing me to pimp my character further - sitting at 70(+1 Dodge) AC fully buffed, unless I'm missing something and can push it even further, got my two +5 Kamas as well.

Pikoman

Literate
Uhh, anyone have an idea why the items in my henchmen's inventories are suddenly all non-interactable by my character when I return them to my inventory? It's not a big deal for most of the stuff which I planned on selling anyways, but it'd kind of suck if some of the epic traps I gave to Zarala are rendered unusable. I'm on EE.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Uhh, anyone have an idea why the items in my henchmen's inventories are suddenly all non-interactable by my character when I return them to my inventory? It's not a big deal for most of the stuff which I planned on selling anyways, but it'd kind of suck if some of the epic traps I gave to Zarala are rendered unusable. I'm on EE.

Known NWN bug. Close your inventory and open it again (or switch to a different inventory page and back again) and it should be possible to use the items again.

Turn_BASED

Educated
qxwmoj.png

Playing through Swordflight Ch. 2 again, EE's lighting updates really makes some areas shine

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom