Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It depends how you play and they're both non-linear, but HAT should give you a solid 20 hours and SCT about 60 or so.

eXalted

Arcane
Swordflight Chapter Two is 60 hours?

How many people are making these modules and how long does it take them? :O

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
One guy. It takes years to build modules like this.

Swordflight Chapter Two has just been made available on the Vault. Continuing the series begun in the award-winning first chapter , it represents my personal attempt to make an epic fantasy adventure that is intended to capture something of the spirit of such RPG classics as Baldur's Gate. I have also ended up with something that compares well to games like BG in size and scale as well. With 200+ areas and more than 215000 words of conversational dialogue, it took a lot of time and effort to get this chapter done, and I now understand why official campaign-sized modules are usually made by teams of professionals rather than by one guy in his spare time. Had I been less foolish, I might have figured that out before taking on such a crazy project, but I hope there are still a few NWN players around who will have an interest in taking advantage of my folly. I enjoyed making this module, regardless. - Rogueknight 333 on the Bioware forums.

More info can be found here & here.

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
Hah, just read a post by this guy in the Bioware forums.

I have your second article bookmarked. I've not read them yeat, I hope they are not spoiler heavy..

Baldecaran's Honor Among Thieves is my preferred rogue-based module for NWN.

The most monocled mod I've played for NWN - and one of the best RPGs I've played - is Swordflight Chapter Two by Rogueknight 333.
I'll check them out, are they long?

You should also check Prophet from the same autor as HAT. Very diferent (linear storyfagotry) but worth it.

I liked the Conan Chronicles better...

I would rather play the original PoR in the glorious turn based Gold Box engine.
Have there been any new releases for Conan Chronicles? Last module I remember was some dungeon crawl

By the dungeon crawler I guess you refer to The Thing in the Crypt adaptation (complete with the Atlantean sword)?

There is another (large) part, set in Arenjun (Zamora). It's not that good, for being set in a large city it feels emptier than The Stygian Pits. It also suffers from high level D&D bullshit, like overenchanted weapons, etc. The modder should have started the mod from a lower level, since the Conan tales feel like a bunch of loosely related modules. Level 4 adventure is much better than Lvl 20+ with shinny weapons.

The plus side is that f you play this after HAT or aDwR you wont feel like a little bitch surrounded by mean people, but more like a bigass wolf among starved jackals.

Last edited:
Jesus, 'a dance with rogues' is masterpiece this single mod is better then most of modern rpgs imo. I hope part 2 will be as great.
it's insanely bad unfortunately. I still remember spending the last day of my summer break on it like six years ago and being incredibly, viscerally angry at it for being so shit.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Jesus, 'a dance with rogues' is masterpiece this single mod is better then most of modern rpgs imo. I hope part 2 will be as great.
it's insanely bad unfortunately. I still remember spending the last day of my summer break on it like six years ago and being incredibly, viscerally angry at it for being so shit.
'Sup Jimbo, I thought you were self ejected. Anyway, regarding the subject at hand the first chapter got a ton of revised versions each one with more polish and content than the earlier which is why it's so good. The author planned to do something similar with the second chapter but fell off the grid before that could happen, very annoyingly so because some changes in part one aren't reflected in the second chapter now since the final revised version of part one was actually released after part two and its latest update. Even so I doubt the second part could have become as good as the first anyway, even with the insane polish. Constricting the module to a city was a part of what made it good and the second one is not as focused since you're constantly on the move. Still, I would have liked to see what it would have been like with more work on it.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Some sweet custom content for NWN:

A8g3sJr.jpg

WhPIhMw.jpg

NYwUkbD.jpg

The Thread.

Chiyosuke

Barely Literate
I think I will also jump back into this game as well.
It's been a few years, hopefully the camera is modded to perfection by now.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I have written newbie-friendly installation instructions for some NWN modules:

How to Download & Install The Aielund Saga

anKEoWM.jpg

How to Download & Install The Swordflight Series

ykGOykr.jpg

How to Download & Install The Prophet Series
(and Baldecaran's other two Hall of Fame modules: The Cave of Songs & Honor Among Thieves).

ProphetWhatisdestinedcannotbedenied.jpg

The compiled archive for The Bastard of Kosigan is an intimidating mess.

How to Download & Install The Bastard of Kosigan

ZH8E1WI.jpg

I hope they can help some people out. The biggest barrier to playing many of NWN's modules is downloading and installing them in the first place.

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
Those screenshots look awesome!

Are there any good historical modules? Without magic and such stuff? Or at least a very small portion?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Historically-accurate standouts are pretty rare but The Bastard of Kosigan series feels fairly legit: set in 14th century mythic Europe, it was written by a novelist and historian.

There are many references to the (geo-)politics and theology of the time, like the petty principalities, the Vatican and the Inquisition. Quests are intricately interwoven and the dialogue is rich, full of swagger and powers along like a page-turning novel. Lots of stat checks, too:

My coverage of the series begins with Exile of the West, the first episode. All major dialogue segments are being uploaded to YouTube and linked from the blog post for context.

Those who liked Darklands and Lionheart's Barcelona should check out The Bastard of Kosigan.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
There are hundreds of modules in the Hall of Fame and I have played about a dozen of them? Just scratched the surface, haven't even started on the obscure, overlooked, hidden-gem stuff. A year has gone by and I'm still not burned out, strange..

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
my favorite nwn mod was the one where i set both of those shit games and all 4 of their shit expansions on fire in my back yard

eXalted

Arcane
I've played nothing Neverwintersque until recently. Played the main campaign 2 hours, and I'll never get back to it.

ADwR and the Editor on the other side! Fun fun! And now I have a list with modules that are waiting to be completed. No regrets.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
So, I've never played a dance with rogues and I'm curious about why do people love it?

Is it the story? The balanced combat and areas? What's the main selling point?

Sent from my X_10 using Tapatalk

Starwars

Arcane
So, I've never played a dance with rogues and I'm curious about why do people love it?

Is it the story? The balanced combat and areas? What's the main selling point?

Sent from my X_10 using Tapatalk

It's due to the Codex largely being filled with idiots with shit taste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom