Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Arc Line - Arcanum-inspired, modern Party-Based RPG

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Like I am supposed to give a shit what others think? I posted my thoughts. Not fantasy fan # 3668 - 87965. Lmao

Stop being a fukkin' lemming.

If you change orcs (or dwarves or elves or whatever) to the point they are no longer orcs then they fukkin' aren't orcs.

You must actually think men who cut off their dicks magically become women because if their fukkin feels. Lmfao

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter
Orcs are whatever the person writing the story says they are, though. Tolkien used them to represent the barely-sapient warmongers that have been trying to destroy European civilization for two thousand years, but if a new author is not a "lemming," to quote you, then he will use the concept however he sees fit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
The author can say and do whatever they want as I can tell. If they make shit up that I find shit I will call then.

A dwarf that is 8' tall with a tail and 4 arms that eat shit and breathe in space are not dwarves. Period.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Volourn who hates being quoted said:
The author can say and do whatever they want as I can tell. If they make shit up that I find shit I will call then.

A dwarf that is 8' tall with a tail and 4 arms that eat shit and breathe in space are not dwarves. Period.

What about Muls in Dark Sun? Sterile Half Dwarf breed to be slaves and gladiators that can only exists in brutal slavery as no woman likes manlets

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Subraces exist. Great variety. The FR, FYI, has 'good' orcs. But, there are limits. It has to be recognizable. A dickless man is still a man not a woman.

Drowed

Arcane
Sunri since you like to dance that much:

crazyrobot.gif
RetardedDancingDonut.gif
crazyrobot.gif
RetardedDancingDonut.gif
crazyrobot.gif
RetardedDancingDonut.gif
crazyrobot.gif
RetardedDancingDonut.gif
crazyrobot.gif

FriendlyMerchant

From 2020:

Looks pretty bad. Generic 3-d graphics. Lariantrash toilet chain style combat and party control. Disgusting music that has nothing in common with Arcanum's soulful soundtrack. I was going to ask when this comes out. Now I hope it doesn't.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
with a lot a of bad writing
And that is why I don't play games for their writing. :positive:
Neither do I but it is hard to ignore when hidden between all this bad writing there are also quest descriptions and goals and the main story basics. To not overlook those you might need to read all the writing.
And that doesn't even take into account games where writing is supposed to be the selling point.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
From 2020:

Looks pretty bad. Generic 3-d graphics. Lariantrash toilet chain style combat and party control. Disgusting music that has nothing in common with Arcanum's soulful soundtrack. I was going to ask when this comes out. Now I hope it doesn't.

To be honest Arcanum music was very good so it is hard to outdo but they could at least make an effort. And everything is better than Arcanum combat. Well, maybe except Arcanum combat - but slower and more of it. However an improvement in combat, from horrible to mediocre, doesn't mean much. At least in Arcanum you could have imagined how the combat would be if they made it as good as some quests, places, atmosphere or itemisation (for technologists at least).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Ok, lets translate what was said: Game will be steampunk Dragon Age: Origins, which ain't bad at all. You're financed by Ukranian tycoon who got rich selling destroyed russian tanks to metal scrap. And you're afraid to say human species has two genders in case anyone screenshots that and trannies on Twitter start screaming. If you think world where denying reality and living in fear that your entire life, job and company can go under cause you said simple truth is worth fighting for, keep fighting your fight. Insanity will only grow. Slava to Mad Clown World Order!

This ain't healthy man you need to see a psychologist

Newarcline

Dreamate Games
Developer
It may be a progressive steampunk. Gender transitions would be steam powered.

My god, the possibilities.

“Are you a man or a woman?”
“I’m a scientist.”
“Yeah, but what’s in your pants?”
“A TESLA CANNON.”

Generic 3-d graphics. Lariantrash toilet chain style combat and party control. Disgusting music that has nothing in common with Arcanum's soulful soundtrack.

Sounds kinda mean, but I'll answer. The videos you listed are from an old prototype. The perspective is different now and the graphics were updated massively. The music is generic, as it takes time to write an awesome score.

oh no how awful, if only someone could have predicted this. anyways

Same, old in-development build, but a bit closer to the way things are now. There will be more things to show quite soon!

Codex Year of the Donut
Same, old in-development build, but a bit closer to the way things are now. There will be more things to show quite soon!
Devs deleting material drives me crazy. As someone who cares about video game preservation, I'd appreciate if you didn't do it in the future.

Viata

Arcane
Devs deleting material drives me crazy. As someone who cares about video game preservation, I'd appreciate if you didn't do it in the future.
It's interesting that they removed the second version, but the original version is still there. Makes you wonder why. :philosoraptor:

Newarcline

Dreamate Games
Developer

This thread proves that people tend to make hasty conclusions based on in-development or placeholder content. But you make a very good point and preserving the progress is vital. So I think we'll reveal back those videos after we make a more current gameplay video.

It's interesting that they removed the second version, but the original version is still there. Makes you wonder why.

Because there's a bunch of playthrough of our first prototype online, and it's somewhat finished for what it is, compared to the new version.

Only 3 companions? I had a whole army in Arcanum.

Oh, there will be more to choose from.

Skdursh

Savant
This thread proves that people tend to make hasty conclusions based on in-development or placeholder content.
Not quite. I get that you're new here, but it's just typical Codex. People around here like to shit on everything, even the stuff they love.

You have to have a very high level of sophistication and IQ (200+) to appreciate the Codex.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
This thread proves that people tend to make hasty conclusions based on in-development or placeholder content.
Not quite. I get that you're new here, but it's just typical Codex. People around here like to shit on everything, even the stuff they love.

You have to have a very high level of sophistication and IQ (200+) to appreciate the Codex.
Of curse we make conclusions on in-development content. There is no other content yet to make conclusions on. The game looks and sounds bad so far - this is an opinion based on the available content. DUH! If the end result will look better then I might change my conclusions based on this new final version. However, from literally decades of playing and following the development of computer games I think it is unlikely. Few games that look bad in development end good. And by look i don't mean (only) graphics.
No need for an IQ of 200 to get this. In fact any IQ higher than room temperature should be enough but apparently not for everyone.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Ok, lets translate what was said: Game will be steampunk Dragon Age: Origins, which ain't bad at all. You're financed by Ukranian tycoon who got rich selling destroyed russian tanks to metal scrap. And you're afraid to say human species has two genders in case anyone screenshots that and trannies on Twitter start screaming. If you think world where denying reality and living in fear that your entire life, job and company can go under cause you said simple truth is worth fighting for, keep fighting your fight. Insanity will only grow. Slava to Mad Clown World Order!

It's the guys job... How many of you faggots come here and say nigger nigger nigger everyday would dare say it in front of your boss or customers?

Their orcs are cringe though.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

It's the guys job... How many of you faggots come here and say nigger nigger nigger everyday would dare say it in front of your boss or customers?

Their orcs are cringe though.
I would.
I don't have a boss. Or customers to speak of :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom