Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Fable from Playground Games

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Except the different hair color.
irrelevant
Or how the chin points out rather than down (I'm assuming it's due to the mentally ill man pictured above merging their face into this one)
it's the camera angle and focal point of the lens warping the head, narrowing it and creating the illusion of pointiness
Or how the nose looks more pointed than round in the original model.
explained, and not the case
Or the different skin tone (yes, yes, makeup blaugh blaugh)
it's a difference in exposure and contrast
There's other differences as well, but that's all I'll bother to describe to you.
don't, you're face blind and you don't know what you are looking at when you are looking at it

this is her
EhF14LKXkAY4PAe.jpg

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
I enjoyed the first two as guilty pleasure kinda games. I wouldn't recommend either though.

First one had it's charm and nice story. It's was ok non rpg. In second game it was fun to fuck around with npcs and the world was larger.

Elttharion

Learned
Sometimes a chick is just really fucking ugly. They even replicated her fucked up teeth.

We should instead be asking why use that chick as a model in the first place.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
are any fable games worth playing
Not really. It's pretty standard template Molyneux, which these days has some interesting quirks, he was a weird sort of left field auteur developer so there's that. It also actually allows for evil playthroughs which are rare as rocking horse shit in supposed rpgs these days. Sure, it's camp and cheesy and generally crap but you can do 'evil' and they didn't cheap out on it. I probably wouldn't bother.

Molyneux wanted to make his own Ultima with Fable but it landed on its feet. The moral sides are a bit cartoony yeah but I wonder if this was the last high profile rpg where you could actually pull an evil run and having it not be an "actually i'm just an asshole as opposed than truly evil" type deal.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Or tyrannys cop out on going the whole hog with it, yeah. Same with God games - Black and White looking back now is like as good as it ever got with the same options for evil. I remember how much shit got flung at Molyneux back in the day for not delivering on grandoise claims but these days with shit like Todd Howard and so on just straight lying through their teeth....I wish we still had devs like him.

Schizoid

Barely Literate
But can you customize the mc or you are forced to play as that abomination?

I don't think Peter knew what he was saying when he said we could see trees grow in real time, but yeah. For all of his flaws Molyneux was actually an innovator and a creative dev.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What the hell was with farting in faces? Was he a big brother to someone or a parent who did that to his kids and dog?

Hey woof.... here boy!

BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

:prosper: :dead::rage::dead::rage::dead:
WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hey honey.... wanna play Dutch Oven?

What's that?

[pulls covers over his wife]

BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFTTTTTTTT!!!!!!BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
BRAPPA RAPPA FRRTTTTTFFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!!

Oh god.. [cough..cough gag] let me out
[gag gag gag... barffff]

Ahahaha... smell and suffer HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:rage::shitandpiss::deadtroll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom