Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Fable from Playground Games

Delicieuxz

Cipher
Prettier than who? Looks the same as before and even uglier in motion than pics.

fable.jpg

aqpz6.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It keeps getting worse. It was never a real serious RPG to begin with. Hell, was it an RPG? This is just fucking stupid catering to insecure faggots and 'simp'athizers to the rainbow safe-room in Tranny Castle. People that like this must want to be pocket fucked yet again.

.....that vid is probably better than the gameplay of this "new" fable.

Mauman

Scholar
I bet the artist that put in it's self-insert had a meltdown when it was forced to dial it back.

I mean, the result is still pretty fugly, but I bet it was hilarious.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's based on an actual model. I'm sure they won't allow any gender or character customization, why spend so much on scanning a person's face, doing full voice work for all the dialogue then?

The reception to the protagonist has been terrible on the Xbox sub, with a lot of people asking for appearance customization
099a65c2252ec7ea24a9cd812643c719.jpg

Mauman

Scholar
It's based on an actual model. I'm sure they won't allow any gender or character customization, why spend so much on scanning a person's face, doing full voice work for all the dialogue then?

The reception to the protagonist has been terrible on the Xbox sub, with a lot of people asking for appearance customization
Sure, I see it now.

Except for the chin, eyes, nose, ears, eyebrows, cheakbones, skin color, forehead, and hair.

They don't even look remotely alike.

Frankly, the only thing that even remotely looks the same as the model are the freckles. Even then actual model has way more than the in-game model.

So no, I actually don't see the resemblance.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Vd0Rcja.jpeg

Mauman

Scholar

Vd0Rcja.jpeg
Yeah, that's only way I can see any similarity between the model and the in-game model.

It's like looking at someone through a fun-house mirror.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Ask Bioware, who had set this precedent.
RPGs never communicate character creation in marketing, they almost always go either with a "default" appearance sometimes based on an actor's likeness or just obfuscate the protagonist with armor or editing.

Elttharion

Learned

Sure, I see it now.

Except for the chin, eyes, nose, ears, eyebrows, cheakbones, skin color, forehead, and hair.

Frankly, the only thing that even remotely looks the same as the model are the freckles. Even then actual model has way more than the in-game model.

The IRL model probably has tons of makeup and the photo is heavily edited.

40769098_10155982944008235_2658704285163847680_n.jpg

42912127_10156051330373235_6893622230354231296_n.jpg

profile_08.jpg

Delicieuxz

Cipher

The IRL model probably has tons of makeup and the photo is heavily edited.

Or, a man pretending to be a woman on the dev team merged his own face with the model's, to create the player character.

F1A0189CC31B911C735BE5994D8B7460BF8B4190

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
They are both fugly and Fable sucks
Freaky Freckly Fugly Fable Fucks! Huzzah for alliteration!

And wtf is it with gingers or freckly fucks anyway? Seems there are a few other games coming out with pockmarked characters.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The industry: There isn't a conspiracy to delete attractive women

Also the industry: this garbage

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

Sure, I see it now.

they look exact, you face blind goober
absent makeup, they're clearly the same weird mongrel atrocidad
there's a disconnect with the digital one's hairstyle, because the face screams for it to be nappy

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
The actual model is ugly af as well, but the ingame model is definitely way worse in many ways, even if there is some resemblance.

Mauman

Scholar

Sure, I see it now.

they look exact, you face blind goober
absent makeup, they're clearly the same weird mongrel atrocidad
there's a disconnect with the digital one's hairstyle, because the face screams for it to be nappy
Ok.

Except the different hair color.

Or how the chin points out rather than down (I'm assuming it's due to the mentally ill man pictured above merging their face into this one)

Or how the nose looks more pointed than round in the original model.

Or the different skin tone (yes, yes, makeup blaugh blaugh)

There's other differences as well, but that's all I'll bother to describe to you.

They're both ugly, but they don't look the same to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom