Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
To be fair, as soon as you're talking about which Mass Effect is least shit, you've already given up any pretense of prestigious taste and are simply trying to discern which poster has eaten so much garbage they've lost the ability to tell anymore.
One could say: To be fair, as soon as you're talking about video games, etc.

But when talking in an absolute sense, is there anything more prestigious than dick size comparisons, about the god-given tool by which we continue his divine creation?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I remember how people argued how Deus Ex 2 would handle Deus Ex ending and what would they choose...only to find that in sequel they made it so EVERY choice hav у been made - both techno dark age and merging.
That was the problem with epic RPG choices - if you had some monumental choiced made and plan a sequel then you have add significant amount of work to represent consequences to previous choices or override them.
Biowhores fucked up with all of those mistakes - they failed to carry choices, which led to "import save" debacle, where they could not invent a tool to transmit binarry yes\no choices to a sequel.
And they overriden choices they lacked resources\talen to expand on. Rachni queen, suport for human supermacist faction etc. Lazy design - because it effectively kills any immersion and hrms replayability as you know dead end C&Cs.
Somy bet is that the'll ust choose one ending and build upon it, given Bioware's lack of talent.

Camel

Scholar
Branka and Howe are the two most evil characters in the game, but Branka edges it out.
Branka has some quiestionable motives to brutally sacrifice her whole house but Howe is lacking true motivation to slaughter the second most powerful noble house in Ferelden. BioWare obviously copied the Red Wedding from the GoT books but we aren't given reasons why Howe commits the Cousland massacre or why almost no one reacts to it.
Loghain is a nationalist schizo overwhelmed by paranoia due to his past and really cares about the country on a plane higher than anyone else. He wasn't doing this as a power grab, as far as he's concerned he is able to defeat the Arch Demon without Wardens. Most misinterpreted character in the franchise.
Loghain is the last great and multidimensional villain in BioWare games after Irenicus and Sun Li. He's shown to be paranoid about Orlais and judging by Return to Ostagar DLC he was at least partially correct to be worried about the king and his daughter Anora who can be jailed by the player. He doesn't just commit evil deeds like usual moushtache-twirling villain, there is some logic. I love bann Teagan, he isn't afraid to challenge Loghain to his face and isn't cowered by queen Anora. Teagan is a great side character and should've played a far more important role. Loghain being able to join your party is a nice example of C&C and DA:O has it in abundance.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Branka has some quiestionable motives to brutally sacrifice her whole house but Howe is lacking true motivation to slaughter the second most powerful noble house in Ferelden. BioWare obviously copied the Red Wedding from the GoT books but we aren't given reasons why Howe commits the Cousland massacre or why almost no one reacts to it.
Howe's motives are actually pretty upfront, just requires a little bit of examination of his actions and words. His final words perfectly encapsulate who he is and why it happened; "Maker spit on you...I..deserved...more...".

Howe was a medium sized fish in a small pond with an inflated ego and the flawed view of thinking he deserved more than he had. He seized the only opportunity he would ever get to move up in the ranks and it did land him as the right hand of Loghain. However, what he did was unsustainable but there's a reason he never got to higher than he was in the first place. He was in over his head the entire game, a toddler at the adult dinner table.

Loghain is the last great and multidimensional villain in BioWare games after Irenicus and Sun Li. He's shown to be paranoid about Orlais and judging by Return to Ostagar DLC he was at least partially correct to be worried about the king and his daughter Anora who can be jailed by the player. He doesn't just commit evil deeds like usual moushtache-twirling villain, there is some logic. I love bann Teagan, he isn't afraid to challenge Loghain to his face and isn't cowered by queen Anora. Teagan is a great side character and should've played a far more important role. Loghain being able to join your party is a nice example of C&C and DA:O has it in abundance.
One of the most misunderstood characters I've seen, too many people attribute the "typical bad guy who is seizing a power grab" trope to him.

"I have not shirked my duty to the throne, and neither will any of you!"

He doesn't understand politics, it's all simple thinking to him. I.e. "Why the fuck are these people not joining me, we have to regroup and fight the darkspawn, why can't they just accept this for now???"

We can also speculate a lot of the evil deeds (not all) were the doing of Arl Howe, not Loghain. Howe was off doing his own thing and we even see scenes that suggest Loghain was not partial to everything going on. For example, when Howe hires Zevran to kill you.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Most of Mass Effect's companions are bland. Jack, Samara and maybe Mordin are the only ones who jump out to me as having some sort of personality that isn't either extremely overdone elsewhere or just bland. For a series with so much dialogue and character moments, we barely know anything about our squad mates.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Most of Mass Effect's companions are bland. Jack, Samara and maybe Mordin are the only ones who jump out to me as having some sort of personality that isn't either extremely overdone elsewhere or just bland. For a series with so much dialogue and character moments, we barely know anything about our squad mates.
And Jack is such a weird addition to Mass Effect, especially only looking at Mass Effect 2, the only time she's a companion. Just retarded

kasumi > Aria > everyone else
Retarded weeb opinions, this is why a shit character like Kasumi who doesn't belong in the setting gets added.

Liara was fine when she was a "bland" nerd scientist, but still connected to the plot. Everything after Mass Effect 1 for her is a disgrace. Also got a book job like every other female

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Liara was fine when she was a "bland" nerd scientist, but still connected to the plot. Everything after Mass Effect 1 for her is a disgrace.
She's an obnoxious developer's pet in all three games. Javik bullying her throughout ME3 is one of the best parts of that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom