Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Obsidian Kickstarter (Update: Not really, dammit Duraframe) (Banned Duraframe - DU)

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What they really should do, is an ARPG (a for adventure) that plays essentially like this but with 1000 fold weightier story, C&C and RPG mechanics. Of course they won't, but they should.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
What they really should do, is an ARPG (a for adventure) that plays essentially like this but with 1000 fold weightier story, C&C and RPG mechanics. Of course they won't, but they should.

Adventure sucks. At least it will in shit isometric graphics.

Adventure games should be AAA values only.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Adventure sucks. At least it will in shit isometric graphics.

Adventure games should be AAA values only.
It probably would suck with ISO approach, however, Imagine the game I linked with current day artistic values awesome 2D art, large city to explore, interactivity and reactivity up the wazoo, abstracted combat and an amazing player driven noir style scifi storyline. :bounce:

Visbhume

Prophet
A geriatric RPG in which character creation involves choosing a starting age and a list of ailments. You would try to survive the longest in the nursing home, dealing with overstressed nurses, perstering your own ungrateful progeny so that they visit you, and fending off crushing depression when they don't come (with a mechanich resembling sanity from Call of Cthulhu.)

Romances as a stretch goal.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sorry for being a gay-ass weeaboo but Chris would write excellent Shinji -> Kaworu, Rei, Asuka romances.

Edifice

Educated
I'd like to see a Quest for Glory-like with more C&C in a wierd horror setting.

A crpg in a wierd horror setting would be fine too of course.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
“There’s something we’re talking about that I think would be really cool, but it’s not an original property,” he says. “It’s a licensed property. But it’s not Alpha Protocol! It’s something we can still do a ton of creative stuff with, though. And then the other thing is an original property. Also, there’s a third thing that somebody approached us with, but I really don’t think that’s going to work out.”

:hmmm:

I just hope it isn't fantasy. They already have PE to take care of that.

Athelas

Arcane
What's with the constant Skyrim name dropping anyway (see also CD Projekt RED)? You'd think there existed no open-world RPG's prior to it.

“What I’m trying to figure out is, how could we make something that is more like a Skyrim for PC – forget console for now – with the engine we made in Unity for Eternity? Where we are with our conversation, quest, data editors, and all of that. If we were careful about scope and let Chris Avellone go wild with creating a new world, more of an open world, what could we do?”
Hmm...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ha haaaaaaa all of Urquhart's ideas are terrible.
I just hope it isn't fantasy. They already have PE to take care of that.
Josh says Aliens is the one canceled game he'd like to finish the most, Sega might be agreeable as long as they don't have to pay any money themselves. :M

Nikolaj

Educated
Well, at least Skyrim is mentioned in the interview. Why RPS decided to throw in a Planescape reference is more baffling, since that doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere.

Anyway, that article isn't informative at all, except to inform those people that didn't already know, that there will be a second Obsidian Kickstarter.

kenup

Scholar
Codex 2014
So, RPS jumped the gun with one Skyrim comment? Meh...

“What I’m trying to figure out is, how could we make something that is more like a Skyrim for PC – forget console for now – with the engine we made in Unity for Eternity? Where we are with our conversation, quest, data editors, and all of that. If we were careful about scope and let Chris Avellone go wild with creating a new world, more of an open world, what could we do?”
Please don't be fantasy.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, at least Skyrim is mentioned in the interview. Why RPS decided to throw in a Planescape reference is more baffling, since that doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere.
“We have other ideas too,” he enthuses. “Like Eternity has a big party size, but what happens if we render in close and have a smaller party? Make it more about the characters and less about the tactics?
urgggggggggggggggggh

imweasel

What a fucking awful article. Fuck this Grayson guy.

What I’m trying to figure out is, how could we make something that is more like a Skyrim for PC – forget console for now – with the engine we made in Unity for Eternity? Where we are with our conversation, quest, data editors, and all of that. If we were careful about scope and let Chris Avellone go wild with creating a new world, more of an open world, what could we do?
An isometric hiking simulator?
:hmmm:

I’m happy to make Eternity, and the hope is to come up with another Kickstarter that people would be interested in. My hope is that by March or April of next year, we’ll have something we can kind of start talking to people about.
That's all folks.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
“We have other ideas too,” he enthuses. “Like Eternity has a big party size, but what happens if we render in close and have a smaller party? Make it more about the characters and less about the tactics?
urgggggggggggggggggh

*BARF*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom