Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Obsidian Kickstarter (Update: Not really, dammit Duraframe) (Banned Duraframe - DU)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Various settings I would like to see an RPG set in:

True western (no fantasy, scifi, steampunk, or "weirdness")
Weird western, something like Deadlands
Modern horror, doesn't have to be vampires
Space Opera
Fantasy where you can travel to different planets

hexer

Zagor the RPG (Sounds good and trashy enough)

260px-Zagor.jpg

Wikipedia said:
Zagor isn't your typical western character, there's a mix of horror and sci-fi side by side with a bit of humour coming mostly from his sidekick Chico, a short, fat Mexican man who became his best friend. His full name is "Don" Chico Felipe Cayetano Lopez Martinez y Gonzales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zagor

Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands
Some sort of reverse "Papers Please". You are trying not to starve or be picked up by the secret police whilst trying to smuglge you and your friends out of some Stalinist Hellhole...
Pass me the +1 packet of razorblades....

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Zagor the RPG (Sounds good and trashy enough)

260px-Zagor.jpg

Wikipedia said:
Zagor isn't your typical western character, there's a mix of horror and sci-fi side by side with a bit of humour coming mostly from his sidekick Chico, a short, fat Mexican man who became his best friend. His full name is "Don" Chico Felipe Cayetano Lopez Martinez y Gonzales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zagor

Man, would kill for a Fallout type Zagor game, free-roaming in the Darkwood, hell yeah.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Will probably be some crappy uninteresting RPG enviroment like that brand of sci-fi where everyone wears diving suits and lives in slick spaceships

LivingOne

Savant
I suddenly remembered that some years ago(even prior to DS3?) Gamebanshee was hyping up an interview with Feargus where he talked about various stuff,including some secret project iirc.Then they kept delaying it because Feargus wouldn't answer them back to lift the embargo.I don't think it ever got published.It's probably the same here.+M

Baron

Arcane
There is only Space Opera.

Droids, engineers, cocky space jockies.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Some sort of reverse "Papers Please". You are trying not to starve or be picked up by the secret police whilst trying to smuglge you and your friends out of some Stalinist Hellhole...

It would actually be a pretty amazing starting point for an RPG, a very Soviet style city under the iron grip of its government.

Tigranes

Arcane
Where you are not on the secret underground guerilla movement side, but work to prevent the overthrow of that government.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks like I was right. :smug:

It's not without precedent. I remember some game journalist saying that Feargus told him they were working on a South Park RPG before THQ had officially announced it and he had no idea if he was pulling his leg to see if he was trustworthy enough not to leak a rumor that may or may not have been true.

Also Feargus's adventures in the Kickstarter comments section where he kept saying things he shouldn't have.

I'm sure they'll happily work with bethesda again after the metascore debacle
They actually would. It was an insignificant-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things one-time bonus.

Anyway Josh isn't all that interested in working on VB anymore and I doubt Chris cares, so that's a dead project, anyone who still cares about it should just let it go.

It would actually be a pretty amazing starting point for an RPG, a very Soviet style city under the iron grip of its government.

It would actually be a popamole console corridor shooter.

Looks like I was right. :smug:

It's not without precedent. I remember some game journalist saying that Feargus told him they were working on a South Park RPG before THQ had officially announced it and he had no idea if he was pulling his leg to see if he was trustworthy enough not to leak a rumor that may or may not have been true.

Also Feargus's adventures in the Kickstarter comments section where he kept saying things he shouldn't have.

I'm sure they'll happily work with bethesda again after the metascore debacle
They actually would. It was an insignificant-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things one-time bonus.

Anyway Josh isn't all that interested in working on VB anymore and I doubt Chris cares, so that's a dead project, anyone who still cares about it should just let it go.

Plus they used a good deal of VB material in FNV.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
The should do a Fevre Dream (Steamboat vampires) rpg

George RR Martin is hot right now after all

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Or a proper Game of Thrones RPG in the PE engine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom