Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Skyrim footage

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dogar said:
Maybe it'll almost be as good as the Gothics

:retarded:

Gothics gameplay (except 4 and maybe 3, never played it) was atrocious. Even if they had better looking environments, I'd take Bethesda's poorly optimized buggy gamebryo shit over the gothics any day.

Gord

Arcane
And this is why we can't have nice things.

Seriously though, the scope of both games is pretty different.
Gothic focuses on story, TES on hiking. And atrocious gameplay? Because you actually have to be careful where you are going?

I just downloaded Gothic 3, and oh my lord it still doesn't work well, what the hell is up with this game? And what is this "I must complete the slowest animation in the world to open a chest" shit?

Meh, it seems better than Oblivion but that doesn't take much.

Gord

Arcane
Install the community patch if you haven't done so yet.
I never had any performance/stability problems with G3 and the newest community patch.

G3 is still the weakest part in the series though, imho, as it started to bore me eventually. Too much grinding.

Also I wouldn't play with alternative balancing (at least if you want to play a mage). I did and found that it made magic very tedious.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gord said:
And this is why we can't have nice things.

Seriously though, the scope of both games is pretty different.
Gothic focuses on story, TES on hiking. And atrocious gameplay? Because you actually have to be careful where you are going?

Because the controls are shit and the variety of combat options is non-existent. TES games give you a shitton of spells to play around with.

Instead of a bug, I think NPCs probably just don't have a "is s/he married?" check that would make them avoid the husband / wife.

Despite being sound asleep in his own home, an interloper arrived. “Then she showed up, and I turned around and she was standing there, I saw another door open to another bedroom and the other guy walked out!” says Howard. “If you make him like her, he then visits her every day, and doesn’t care if she’s married.”

Well, at least we know one of the first mods that will pop up, alongside the nude ones. "Faithful Wife".

edit: lol @ comments. One guy was talking about possible solutions for this if it's indeed a bug, and this is the first response he gets:

BlackCompany thinks he's the second coming. Honestly, go and develop multiple award winning games which go on to sell millions of copies, then come back and complain. Honestly, talk about some second rate shit talking dev who thinks he's hot shit cause he wrote a mod once...

DON CRITACIZE MAI GAEM

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
undecaf said:
Radiant adultery in Skyrim, eat your heart out Bioware:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/27/howar ... game-wife/

:rpgcodex:

3028mt5.jpg

"Things getting curiouser and curiouser"

Xi said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCOX1Km3K84&feature=channel_video_title

Until that guy pointed it out, I didn't notice the Dwemer Centurions. I missed those things since Morrowind.

riptide

Scholar
Bethesda released a trailer of their Behind the scenes video: click. It has some new footage.

Also, I expect Hines will soon be raging about the leaked X360 version of the game on his twitter account.

Gord

Arcane
Well, at least some of the locations seem much more inspired than in Oblivion.

Textures seem pretty bad to me, though. Also the interface looks terribly consolized.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Not sure how I didn't notice the "TOTALLY SWEET CINEMATIC ANGLES" thing from FO3/NV were in Skyrim now. Once you learn How To Train Your Dragon you can watch it drop a motionless ice giant off off a cliff and it'll be repeated 45 times from 3 different angles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DtThXQZh04

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Has this been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liSGiddH ... r_embedded

10 minutes of being able to do nothing, character creation that seems limited to selecting your appearance, and 5 minute of running around in an "awesome" action scene.

I don't get why Bethesda still insists on calling this an rpg and doesn't just admit they'd rather be making shooters.

Gord

Arcane
CSM said:
I don't get why Bethesda still insists on calling this an rpg and doesn't just admit they'd rather be making shooters.

What is it? Loosing your faith? :M

Gord

Arcane
Excidium said:
For a moment I thought it was mastermind. lol

I actually did until I saw your post. :D

[PERCEPTION] failed.

Fuck, CSM, why do you have to use this pic! Disregard my earlier post...

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
For a positive note, the VA is hilarious. I always burst when the guy sounding like he's on helium says: "Shut up back there!"

ZeniBot

Cipher
10 minutes of being able to do nothing, character creation that seems limited to selecting your appearance, and 5 minute of running around in an "awesome" action scene.

the whole time I'm like "can I skip this.. can I skip this" knowing the answer is always "NO". On the first play it moderately annoying, but on repeat plays (that is of course assuming I fucked up royally in character creation and made a butt ugly character *not hard to do given Bethesda's models*) it gets unbearable watching the same scripted shit over and over. At least Daggerfall started you out in the action already, and at least Morrowind threw you out the front door and said "have fun". The story driven tutorial has always been something I've loathed in most modern games, if you have to do it... MAKE IT OPTIONAL! lol Of course this is completely in vain since Bethesda have done this since Oblivion.

Also the attack by a dragon that ends up saving you from execution had my eyes rolling.. its the same as the attack on the emperor in oblivion that you couldn't prevent.. its just fucking lazy and cheap and I could give two shits about what was going on or what was happening to the people (same though with Oblivion.. did I even care about ANYONE.. Nope! the entire time I was thinking "hmm.. burn all the things! steal all the things! rape all the things!" but then this is what Bethesda wants its drones to think then isn't it.)

Those 3rd person knock out bits look painful, its literally 5 seconds without any control.. you're just sitting there watching the shithouse animations play.. what is the fucking point?! I criticized DXHR for similar shit, but this is over the top. Needs Moar SlowMo for it to be even more annoying (yep we all know how beth loves their slow mo shit).

Yep now I'm reduced to looking at Bethesda's games and thinking "how can they make this even more annoying".. that's how bad its gotten, its in preparation for what their next game will be like.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom