Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas, hard core mode and mods

Overweight Manatee said:
Melee is definitely weaker but they should be viable.
Opposite for me, as soon as the Varmint Rifle became surpassed it was like I was shooting peashooters whereas right now on my second run with my rebar hammer, I'm taking out nightkin in two hits.

Probably depends on where you go and what you find first. You can find rebars from almost any super mutant but won't find 60+ damage weapons except in special areas or merchants after you are high level.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I could see the melee character not sweating much early game up till Novac.
I find the game is alright, but exploration wise, there's not much of a reward to be had. I checked Black Mountains, just a bunch of mutants to kill, got bored n left. Hidden Valley, sandstorm, a bunker, with a Hard lock difficulty I can't pick lock.

RK47 said:
I find the game is alright, but exploration wise, there's not much of a reward to be had. I checked Black Mountains, just a bunch of mutants to kill, got bored n left. Hidden Valley, sandstorm, a bunker, with a Hard lock difficulty I can't pick lock.

If you crack that sucker open you're faced with a hidden chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel who will take all of your stuff and lead you to their elder... which leads to an interesting quest chain.

Suffice to say that I think the exploration in New Vegas is awesome, and it is just as worthwhile as the exploration in Fallout 1 / 2 was. Taking risks by going into high level areas early on only to score a couple of crippled limbs and maybe a decent armour leaves me with a sense of... satisfaction.

hiver

RK47 said:
I could see the melee character not sweating much early game up till Novac.
Yup, its best if you just uninstall it and, quote ; Return to sender.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Stereotypical Villain said:
RK47 said:

If you crack that sucker open you're faced with a hidden chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel who will take all of your stuff and lead you to their elder... which leads to an interesting quest chain.

Suffice to say that I think the exploration in New Vegas is awesome, and it is just as worthwhile as the exploration in Fallout 1 / 2 was. Taking risks by going into high level areas early on only to score a couple of crippled limbs and maybe a decent armour leaves me with a sense of... satisfaction.
I tried venturing into Vault 34... Damn, tough noogie, but I shall return with Power Armor and have revenge!

Luzur

Good Sir
i was in Hidden valley, and used console to open the doors, and all there was behind them was cave-ins.

did i miss something?

heiamll

Novice
Luzur said:
i was in Hidden valley, and used console to open the doors, and all there was behind them was cave-ins.

did i miss something?
There is more than one bunker at Hidden Valley. There are 3 or 4 different entrances.

Yes, there are a lot of bunkers in that place... Wait until midnight and you'll see a Brotherhood of Steel patrol exit one of the bunkers... provided that you can see past the artificial sandstorm "defense" of that place.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Finally, a damn power armor found in highly radiated crater. Two sets of them. Real heavy and I can't wear them yet. So I thought, 'Hey, let's ask Boone carry them!' and the fucking game won't let him.

Apparently he's not trained to 'wear them' so he can't carry them. :decline:
Lazy scripting meatheads.

Technically... you shouldn't carry power armour at all, you should wear it.

Fuck, carrying power armour is like... putting your fucking car in a briefcase when you arrive at work.

Project: Eternity
I found some 2 sets of power armor in an abandoned office building full of robots fairly early on, on two dead paladins. Ended up repairing one set with the other and selling it for some capz.

RK47 said:
Finally, a damn power armor found in highly radiated crater. Two sets of them. Real heavy and I can't wear them yet. So I thought, 'Hey, let's ask Boone carry them!' and the fucking game won't let him.

Apparently he's not trained to 'wear them' so he can't carry them. :decline:
Lazy scripting meatheads.

Even worse, they can't carry faction specific armor at any time. Really sucks when you are forced to carry NCR and Legion armor in your own inventory just in case you hit a patrol or something. I always end up just 10 pounds or so under my weight limit carrying just food/armor/guns/ammo and every time I pick up 2 items I have to swap it out to a teammate. And the trade interface sucks balls since you can't sort it like you can your own inventory, though this can be partially alleviated through the item sorting mods.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
You can, actually - click those little arrows on the sides of "ITEMS" on the top. counterintuitive, but at least it works.

Buildable Bots is being brought over to New Vegas!

Fuck yeah!

But the initial release is buggy as shit, for some reason relies on one of those pre-order packs, and has scorpions dropping Servo Units and stuff.

BOO!

But it'll get better, surely.

Yeah!

Topher

Cipher
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Stereotypical Villain said:
RK47 said:

I tried venturing into Vault 34... Damn, tough noogie, but I shall return with Power Armor and have revenge!

Vault 34 was the only place in my first play through that tore me up. I left their with several broken limbs, no ammo, no healing items and with a near deadly dose of radiation. One of my NPC's even died down there. *I have the mod that let's me travel with several NPC's at once.

hiver

I would really like a mod that makes locational damage and crippled limbs to have some sense.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Vaarna_Aarne said:
DalekFlay said:
I'd at least get repair high enough to get Jury Rigging, as that makes keeping your favorite gun and armor in top condition a lot easier.
And I think it's the only way to repair That Gun (which every Codexer should have in their inventory for Guns characters), aside from paying and using Weapon Repair Kits.
I can't get that gun. I bought it from the vendor, then sold it back to him, and now it's gone completely. I don't know what happened to it.

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
kingcomrade said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
DalekFlay said:
I'd at least get repair high enough to get Jury Rigging, as that makes keeping your favorite gun and armor in top condition a lot easier.
And I think it's the only way to repair That Gun (which every Codexer should have in their inventory for Guns characters), aside from paying and using Weapon Repair Kits.
I can't get that gun. I bought it from the vendor, then sold it back to him, and now it's gone completely. I don't know what happened to it.

What gun?

Ancient

Erudite
Brotherhood of steel are such a fucking bunch of ASSHOLES , they need to be wiped out

I will bring ED-E to Followers of the Apocalypse , they are nice bunch :rpgcodex:

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
hiver said:
that gun.

This gun?

223_pistol.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom