Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas review from NMA, too good to be true???

1eyedking

Erudite
Shit writing is shit. No memorable lines so far.

roll-a-die

Magister
1eyedking said:
Erm, wut, "ENCHANTMENT!" and "I'm looking for my father, middle aged guy, have you seen him?" are now good writing because it's memorable?

hiver

Clockwork Knight said:
nah, it was in one of those health boxes, no magic ball consulted at all.

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Ah awesome. Apparently my good character's killed so many Powder Gangers over the course of his journey that I'm their group's boogeyman. I talked to one of their members who got crippled by the Legion and he started cussing up a storm the moment he recognized me. I like how all these little encounters change depending on your status with the groups around the Wasteland.

"...and now walks in our personal fucking Grim Reaper!"
nah, i got the same and ive just helped them defend from NCR attack which reduced my reputation with them and worsened NCRs so much they sent killers after me.
the guy still said that, i guess its scripted or a small bug.

roll-a-die

Magister
1eyedking said:
"I'm looking for a guy with a checkered shirt."
That's a mock, and a mythology gag, if you couldn't tell that, well, you're an idiot. Also, checkered shirt is FAR FAR more distinguishing than, middle aged guy. And note, most times you do this, you also mention his traveling companions, and general demeanor, most people will STILL go, "Well that's kinda vague, tell you what, talk to Charlie, Charlies got a good head for this stuff, he'll set you in the right direction." Often times, the people couldn't have not noticed the guy, there's also the option of say, "Screw this searching business, this seems to all go back to New Vegas," and try there, in which case you skip about 2000 potential XP, but you have a shorter main quest.

made

Arcane
roll-a-die said:
1eyedking said:
Erm, wut, "ENCHANTMENT!" and "I'm looking for my father, middle aged guy, have you seen him?" are now good writing because it's memorable?
Dear God...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That's a mock, and a mythology gag,

Bingo.

Anyways, no matter how you twist it, this game beats Fallout 3 by ten miles. The voice acting IS quite bad though, I agree with 1eyedking there. It ranges from bad to mediocre. Still better than Fallout 3 and Oblivion though.

ironyuri

Grunker said:

Bingo.

Anyways, no matter how you twist it, this game beats Fallout 3 by ten miles. The voice acting IS quite bad though, I agree with 1eyedking there. It ranges from bad to mediocre. Still better than Fallout 3 and Oblivion though.

The voice acting in Deus EX was terrible. What is with the bitching?

Wasn't Bethesda in charge of much of the VO work anyway? That's what one of the early articles said.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Goddammit, why does this game have to be Fallout 3, for fuck's fucking sake, the counter-intuitive to the point of stupidity interface, the horrible combat and the ugly as shit graphics are killing me.

Shannow

Waster of Time
ironyuri said:
Grunker said:

Bingo.

Wasn't Bethesda in charge of much of the VO work anyway? That's what one of the early articles said.
Haters are gonna hate. Just ignore any small small criticisms while slurping down obsidian jizz... ffs

ironyuri

Shannow said:
ironyuri said:
Grunker said:

Bingo.

Haters are gonna hate. Just ignore any small small criticisms while slurping down obsidian jizz... ffs

Uhhh???

What the fuck?

Butthurt detected.

Deus Ex VO was terrible. A prime example would be the two Australian backpackers at the Club in Hong Kong. Another example would be the "French" VOs in Paris.

Not all voice acting is perfect. How the fuck am I slurping Obsidian jizz? You fucking idiot.

I didn't say "The game is perfect LALALALAL!", I said "Bad voice acting is found in many, if not most games."

And Bethesda did most of the VO management, if you read ANY of the news leading up to release. And let's not forget they have the track record with bad VO- Oblivion beggars, F3 non-essentials.

Shannow, choke on a fucking bag of dicks. 2006tard.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
NV is a storyfags paradise (which suits me fine because I am one). Don't think I've enjoyed a game this much since bloodlines.

ironyuri

Volrath said:
NV is a storyfags paradise (which suits me fine because I am one). Don't think I've enjoyed a game this much since bloodlines.

Tell me more, paco. I don't have the game yet. I respect your opinion. I would hear moar.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
ironyuri said:
Volrath said:

Tell me more, paco. I don't have the game yet. I respect your opinion. I would hear moar.
I'm not the guy who posts naked underage photos over at GD bro :smug:

It's just the way quests are handled, how everyone seems to be fucking over everyone else in the game so you don't know who to trust, how factions react to each other and the gameworld. It's just... I don't know... consistent? It doesn't have the same fallout feeling as 1&2 though, much more spaghetti western in it's approach.

Writing is adequate, better then FO3 but not close to the standards Obsidian set with Mask of the Betrayer, or Troika with Bloodlines.

Engine is still shit though so don't expect any miracles on that part.

Misterhamper

Scholar
Darth Roxor said:
Goddammit, why does this game have to be Fallout 3, for fuck's fucking sake, the counter-intuitive to the point of stupidity interface, the horrible combat and the ugly as shit graphics are killing me.

There's mods for that (in b4 whine)
Right now, since it's only day 4 or so, theres Enhanced Shader series for graphics (huge difference), PipWare UI for the interface and Arwen Tweaks for some better combat-AI. :M

1eyedking

Erudite
This thread is so fucking full of apologetic fanboys I'm having Alpha Protocol déjà vus at every goddamn page.

Serious_Business said:
RAGING INCOHERENTLY IS THE ONLY SOLUTION THAT SHOWS NOT ONLY INTEGRITY AND CLEAR THINKING, BUT ALSO HETEROSEXUAL VIRILITY AND SEXUAL PROWESS

-----

Grunker said:
I actually like Deus Ex voice acting :oops:

title-oldbill-2.jpg

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
1eyedking said:
This thread is so fucking full of apologetic fanboys I'm having Alpha Protocol déjà vus at every goddamn page.
Looks like someone wants some attention.

Ruprekt

Scholar
Ok... my copy finally arrived today... and I agree the dog thing is dumb now I've seen it context. Also I encountered a dialog bug in the tutorial.

So yeah could have done with a little more 'polish'.

Drakron

Arcane
1eyedking said:

Respect the Battle Cattle, but do not fear the Battle Cattle. ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom