Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas review from NMA, too good to be true???

1eyedking

Erudite
For fuck's sake, this game is beyond retarded. I just did the Rocket facility Ghoul quest and am currently uninstalling this piece of shit.

Good writing and good quests my ass, it's Fallout 3 all over again. In every. Single. Fucking. Aspect.

Obsidian fanboys are not learning animals.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
1eyedking said:
For fuck's sake, this game is beyond retarded. I just did the Rocket facility Ghoul quest and am currently uninstalling this piece of shit.

Good writing and good quests my ass, it's Fallout 3 all over again. In every. Single. Fucking. Aspect.

Time for another twitcher replay? :smug:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Clockwork Knight said:
Since you play a game to have fun, making things harder for yourself is preferable to make things boring.

Easy =/= boring.

Fallout was at its most fun when you were running around in upgraded power armor with the biggest and best guns killing everything in one shot.

1eyedking

Erudite
Volrath said:
Time for another twitcher replay? :smug:
HAHAHJ FAGHS WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THE DEPPHT OF WITCHIEDZMIN

FAGSW ILL PLAY NEW VEGAYS BECAUSE THEY LIKE 4CHAN LOLDONGS ENTERTNAIEMNT

FAGS WILL BE FAGS

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Darth Roxor said:
Goddammit, why does this game have to be Fallout 3, for fuck's fucking sake, the counter-intuitive to the point of stupidity interface, the horrible combat and the ugly as shit graphics are killing me.
Admit it, you really just want to go replay Arcania :smug:

Tycn

Savant
Abandoned my Brave Diplomat after realising how much combat is in the game (and non lethals are totally useless). Tag skills are of the FO3 variety so it was easy to respec.

None of the UI mods seem to fix the fucking needle thin scroll bars. That inventory is beyond retarded.

1eyedking

Erudite
LOLFAG THAT IS BETHESDA'S FAULT

AND ACTUALLY THANK GOD OBSIDIAN DID NOT TUOCH THE INTERFACE NOR TEH CAMERA

Topher

Cipher
1eyedking said:

That quest is the worst one I have seen so far and it just felt silly but it doesn't redeem itself a bit. Unfortunately there are several points in that quest that will cause save game corruption for all subsequent saves, I lost 7 saves total, so don't do that quest or even enter the quest area. I might have even lost every save I have but I'm not sure yet.

* I had one single save that survived because it was before I enter some room for the second time thereby corrupting everything from that point on. I'll just have to skip the second halve of that quest.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Topher said:
1eyedking said:

That quest is the worst one I have seen so far and it just felt silly but it doesn't redeem itself a bit. Unfortunately there are several points in that quest that will cause save game corruption for all subsequent saves, I lost 7 saves total, so don't do that quest or even enter the quest area. I might have even lost every save I have but I'm not sure yet.

Are you playing a pirated version of NV?

Topher

Cipher
Jaesun said:
Topher said:
1eyedking said:

Are you playing a pirated version of NV?

Yeah but I have the first patch as well. The wiki shows that this quest is bugged on both platforms but it seems to be an infrequent bug so others might not get it. Just be sure to keep a save from before that whole quest because it's pretty long.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Come_Fly_With_Me

The bug descriptions are down at the bottom of the page.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Sceptic said:
Darth Roxor said:
Goddammit, why does this game have to be Fallout 3, for fuck's fucking sake, the counter-intuitive to the point of stupidity interface, the horrible combat and the ugly as shit graphics are killing me.
Admit it, you really just want to go replay Arcania :smug:

Arcania had better interface than Fallout 3 :smug:

Felix

Arcane
Maybe it's just me, but any time I go exploring, I get bum rushed by (way too many) creatures and I inevitably die. There seems to be more mob spawns, and they're way harder. Too hard for a level 5 character. I think it also has something to do with the inconsistencies with weapons. Something like a rifle, (which does more damage than the pistol I currently have) should be able to take down a stupid giant fly! But it doesn't, so I just barely get by with my pistol, and I use up most of the ammo I have on just a couple of enemies.

I've played Fallout 3 extensively and never had any problems like this, so what gives?

By the way, because of this, I feel like the game is more linear than it should be. I can't go do whatever I want early on like I could in Fallout 3.

I love to explore and scavenge and at my current level of 11, it's not feasible even with companions. Don't get me wrong, I love combat. I modded my FO3 out the ass with mobs and extra patrols and beat Overlords with sticks for fun. New Vegas combat isn't fun for me. Cazadores swarm in groups of 7 or 8 and they can take me down in one hit. Even while sneaking, my group can only take out three of them before we're overwhelmed. Deathclaws? Forget it.

They complain about how they can't play in a theme park anymore ?

I also think the Obsidian writing team has a lousy sense of humor. The DC Wasteland had a great sense of dark, smirky humor that really worked.

:what:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom