Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas review from NMA, too good to be true???

Shannow

Waster of Time
1eyedking makes his first coherent post with multiple valid points in months and all the fanboys can think of in response is :retarded:

Sad.

Silellak

Cipher
Shannow said:
1eyedking makes his first coherent post with multiple valid points in months and all the fanboys can think of in response is :retarded:

Sad.
Does "for the lulz of it" repeated X times count as a single valid point, or multiple?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Felix said:
but why the fuck don't they play all ? Popping head while listening to Bach's concerto for 2 v in d minor is inappropriate? :M

Some songs are reserved for certain locations/events I guess. Like the Ride of the Valkyries - it plays when the REPCON ghouls are about to take off.

Classical crap's probably played at Ultra-Luxe.

Why'd you want more songs anyway- the radio should just play Big Iron non-stop. :mca:

Felix

Arcane
yeah, just arrived at Ultra-Lux, lol don't know why they lumped them together in the radionv folder.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
HURRRRRRRR!

FUCKING UNKILLABLE CHILDREN AGAIN!

:decline:

But other than that... I've three sla- party members at the moment and for some odd reason none of them have yet managed to piss me off yet. In fact they can be amusing at times.

What is this? What is wrong with me?

I guess I'll meet with some lulzy companions later on to balance things out.

CrimHead

Scholar
2mglidi.jpg

roll-a-die

Magister
Haba said:
HURRRRRRRR!

But other than that... I've three sla- party members at the moment and for some odd reason none of them have yet managed to piss me off yet. In fact they can be amusing at times.

What is this? What is wrong with me?

I guess I'll meet with some lulzy companions later on to balance things out.
Yeah, what's funny is the pointlessness of them, and their resilience, I've console disabled the ones chasing the rats 20 times now and yet they still remain.

ZbojLamignat

Educated
My impressions after one day of testing.

F3 was boring, plain, childish, extremely stupid and ugly.

New Vegas is basically the same game, only removing some childish and extremely stupid parts (but not all by far) and adding some vague attempts at game actually making any goddamn sense and being a remote Fallout sequel.

Yes, it's a much better game than F3, but frankly, if you put two retards and a monkey in a room with a ready engine for a month they would obviously come up with something better than F3.

Combat is still awful, exploration still pointless and boring, character system still doesn't make a significant enough impact on the gameplay (excluding hard-coded checks in dialogues and lock picking/science attempts). Writing is better, but various speech checks are still as witty and convincing as my morning stool.

People going on about how awesome NV is are tad overreacting. It won't make me drop my current Risen playthrough and it's not like Risen is that awesome.

roll-a-die

Magister
Looks like it's just blooming the shit out of everything.

Also who here is KyleM on the Bethesda forums, he uses the head bobbing MCA image as an avatar.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Haba said:
HURRRRRRRR!

Well to be fair, I think Beth and Zenimax would have had the final say for the exclusion of such things regardless. Multinationals don't like controversy about hurr durr child killan gamez....

Turisas said:
Naw it has those crappy songs in-between, fucking Sinatra.

Yeah Blue Moon...it's not so bad but Big Iron fits better. Should be some more Cash or something, or any number of 50's cowpoke style ballads for gunslingin' variety though. Maybe there are and they're not triggered?

Tails

Arbiter
Darth Roxor said:
Oi, bros, too much is too much, stop saying this is better than Gothic 2 or there will be blood.
I'm with you bro.

Topher

Cipher
This game isn't nearly as lulzy as people want to make it seem and it sure as hell isn't more lulzy then fallout 2 or 3.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shannow said:

How does my and VD's replies count as just answering with a smiley, oh Shannow of Divine Righteousness?

Also, how does posting a few arguments within a post that consists mostly of simple, unbacked, statements count as a "coherent post with multiple valid points"?

Anyways, I took the time to reply. If you really have such a cross up the ass, you should take your time to do the same. Otherwise I don't think you're any better than people posting the ":retarded:"-smileys...

Shannow

Waster of Time
The codex be serious bizness. No lulz here cause lulz be bad, mmkay. And if there's lulz in our new favourite game we simply say they're not funny and thus not lulzy making it serious again. [fightan tha good fight]

Shannow

Waster of Time
Grunker said:
Shannow said:

How does my and VD's replies count as just answering with a smiley, oh Shannow of Divine Righteousness?
Ok, since you are unable to understand pictogramms here the translation: all the fanboys can think of in response is retardation.
So, you see yourself and VD as fanboys, interesting. General question: Do you think there is any point in arguing with fanboys?

Also, how does posting a few arguments within a post that consists mostly of simple, unbacked, statements count as a "coherent post with multiple valid points"?
Unbacked statements? He pointed at specific stuff that was trying to be funny and thus lulzy. As for simple: Obviously not simple enough for some simple minds to understand...:M

Anyways, I took the time to reply. If you really have such a cross up the ass, you should take your time to do the same. Otherwise I don't think you're any better than people posting the ":retarded:"-smileys...
You hurt my feelings. Any further comments on the morality of piracy? I noticed you didn't take the time to reply :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ad. 1: Hah, good catch, but I think we both know I figured you counted anybody who responded negatively to his post as fanbois. And by the way, I think you're gonna have a hard time finding a fanboi as dedicated to his love as Skyway and 1eyedking are to their hate, on these forums.

Ad. 2: Try reading me and VD's reply instead of making statements yourself. "He pointed to important stuff..." is a statement. "He pointed to important stuff, and here is why..." is an argument.

Ad. 3: I missed a post where you challenge the morals of piracy? For shame! Bring it on with a link, baby.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Shannow said:
Grunker said:
Shannow said:

Ok, since you are unable to understand pictogramms here the translation: all the fanboys can think of in response is retardation.
So, you see yourself and VD as fanboys, interesting. General question: Do you think there is any point in arguing with fanboys?

If you like a game, you are a fanboy.

If you post criticism for the game, yet conclude that you found it enjoyable despite its flaws, you're still a fanboy.

If you voice out your disagreement when someone says that the features you enjoyed in the game are "shitty shitshit", you are a retarded fanboy.

1eyedking said:
F3:NV is F3. A silly roller-coaster ride with no cohesion whatsoever. NCR sets up a 'Fantastic' dude to take care of an extremely important solar power facility just for the lulz of it. An idiot scientist believes he is a Ghoul for the lulz of it. You can send a faction of religious ghouls (who believe for the lulz of it) into space for the lulz of it. Or kill them for the lulz of it. Their leader speaks with a background echo just for the lulz of it. You can wear space suits and helmets just for the lulz of it (nobody comments on such a ridicule apparel).

A sniper sets himself up on top of a dinosaur mouth that gives him no peripheral vision for the lulz of it. The owner of the dinosaur store sells T-Rex toys for the lulz of it. Crazy invisible mutants kill brahmin for the lulz of it. The Caesar's Legion burns down towns (instead of enslaving them) for the lulz of it. NCR builds gigantic metal statues for the lulz of it. And so on, and on...

-Sniper and peripheral vision... right. I guess the sniper just doesn't like being shot in the back.

Fallout_NV_Dinky_Sniper--article_image.jpg

-NCR builds giant statue out of scrap metal. Characters nearby point out the stupidity of it all. Plausible.

-Nightkin kills brahmin because of mental degradation. The game provides reasoning for such behavior (also, remember certain cattle-protecting quest in FO1/2?)

-Caesar's Legion takes slaves, then burns down a village and kills a portion of the villagers to send a signal and to reduce the enemy morale. Said village is also too far behind enemy lines for the Legion to keep under their influence.

-Ghouls launching off to space... The lore provides plenty of examples of the declining sanity of ghouls.

-NCR hires incompetent moran to take care of their important power plant... I guess they had a shortage of university graduates in the post apocalyptia? Keep in mind that NCR is far, far from its core areas. I find it entirely plausible that there'd be shortage of suitable personel. Also; the game makes references to the fact that NCR is forced to use subcontractors to carry out various tasks, since their reach doesn't cover Vegas yet.

So there. I won't deny the fact that NV has some over-the-top locations, but so far I've not seen anything that'd reach FO3's level. And like I pointed out in the giant statue example, at least the game characters (mostly) react believably to them.

Oh shit, I said something positive about Turd Vegay, I guess I'm a retarded fanboy now :(

Project: Eternity
Haba said:
-NCR builds giant statue out of scrap metal. Characters nearby point out the stupidity of it all. Plausible.

I think this was simply a pre-war advertisement gimmick for that motel it belongs to (the tiny town of "Novac" being called so because there's still a half-working "NO VACancies" neon sign in front of the motel)? In any case, the dino mouth is simply the highest point in the flat plain the town is in and it looks towards a mountain pass (I think) where recently a lot of ghouls and other riffraff came through, so why not post a guy with a gun up there?

Haba said:
-Ghouls launching off to space... The lore provides plenty of examples of the declining sanity of ghouls.

I don't think they launched into space, and I don't think where they would go they would die instantly. My character had a look at the nav console before starting the launch and with high enough Science skill you see that the flight plan is slightly off, and could be corrected so that they land 10% closer to where they want to go, which you can then correct. I'm assuming they are flying somewhere on Earth/the US.

CrimHead

Scholar
In before butthurt Obshitian (HURR) fanboi enumerates all the instances of "for the lulz of it" within the first few minutes of Fallout 2.

Topher

Cipher
CrimHead said:
In before butthurt Obshitian (HURR) fanboi enumerates all the instances of "for the lulz of it" within the first few minutes of Fallout 2.

I already made mention in another post but I think New Vegas is less lulzy than Fallout 2.

* I should clarify that I think non-cohesive things like New Reno are lulzy.

Ghouls launching off to space... The lore provides plenty of examples of the declining sanity of ghouls.

I'd give him this one it's a very weak quest, the weakest I've come across so far. There was one other quest I didn't care for but I can't remember off the top of my head, it's already been mentioned in this topic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom