Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Games are sadly very shallow so its 50 euros for one afternoon, still less expensive that going out.
What kind of retard are you, that you can't even go out for the afternoon without throwing away 50 Euros on bullshit?

Machocruz

Arcane
Legos went to shit once their outer space line took on the Star Wars brand. The City line is charming, but I was never interested in making a firehouse or cement mixer.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Legos went to shit once their outer space line took on the Star Wars brand. The City line is charming, but I was never interested in making a firehouse or cement mixer.
When I was a kid toys were so much better. Megablocks was GOAT. Not even sure they're in business anymore.

Mortmal

Arcane
You might have a look at chinese lego brands https://uploads.brickset.com/docs/clonebrands_v1.6.pdf , its 2016 , but guess it's still true. Lego is the most overpriced toy ever, plus you cant really do anything with the new ones anymore they are almost prebuilt.

It's funny, we've got him some of this stuff off ebay and he's 7 but he can tell the chinese knock-offs inside a minute. None of them fit very well together, hair comes off at the drop of a hat and hands spin round like windmills. I'm actually slightly nervous we're fostering a prejudice here as when something breaks or doesn't work very well I've heard him say "Maybe it's chinese." We laughed, but a bit nervously lol.
Yes that depends on the brand, some plane i bought had it wheel axle melt , the kids was just making it roll. However the best brand of the pdf give similar quality than the real deal, when it comes to lego city stuff , its the exact same thing.

Gerrard

Arcane
Nintendo Switch, the only console that will make you healthier

Or kill you if you happen to be a terribly out of shape NEET

Last edited:
Nintendo Switch, the only console that will make you healthier

Or kill you if you happen to be a terribly out of shape NEET

I'm losing weight, getting in shape, and sore all over thanks to Ring Fit Adventure. I hate to exercise, don't know how, and need some encouragement to keep it up regularly. Yeah I could go to a class or have friends or something but let's be real. I'm a gamer and Nintendo has provided. RFA is perfect for me.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Whats does a Switch cost nowadays ? And is there going to be another Nintendo Console anytime soon ?
I'm waiting for them to kill off their 3DS line and announce the Switch was its successor all along. You know, quietly ceding the entire handheld market and hoping no one notices.

The Touryst is actually pretty cool. It's an unassuming little game that runs at 60fps and isn't too handholdy. I'm not a big fan of the artstyle, but technically it's very sound and runs without drops even in handheld mode.

Great for the crapper.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm waiting for them to kill off their 3DS line and announce the Switch was its successor all along. You know, quietly ceding the entire handheld market and hoping no one notices.

They've done a really good job of making the Switch count as a portable, so I don't think they've "ceded" anything. Also the Switch is doing so good, I doubt they do another system until at least a year or two after the new Sony/MS systems.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
THere might be a switch refresh, but it's not going to be a new console...... switch is the base console for nintendo so far, and it will be for like next 4-5 years imo.

And switch has done so good, that when they will make a switch 2, most likely it will be the same idea, just with more powerfull specs.

RuySan

Augur
You might have a look at chinese lego brands https://uploads.brickset.com/docs/clonebrands_v1.6.pdf , its 2016 , but guess it's still true. Lego is the most overpriced toy ever, plus you cant really do anything with the new ones anymore they are almost prebuilt.

It's funny, we've got him some of this stuff off ebay and he's 7 but he can tell the chinese knock-offs inside a minute. None of them fit very well together, hair comes off at the drop of a hat and hands spin round like windmills. I'm actually slightly nervous we're fostering a prejudice here as when something breaks or doesn't work very well I've heard him say "Maybe it's chinese." We laughed, but a bit nervously lol.

I never had Legos. I had a spanish "Kind-of-legos" called Tente. They were ok, and mostly about boats. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tente_(toy)

They ceased operations in 1993

Mortmal

Arcane

I never had Legos. I had a spanish "Kind-of-legos" called Tente. They were ok, and mostly about boats. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tente_(toy)

They ceased operations in 1993
They dont look bad either, big difference is lego never use any weaponry in any sets, even police men had no gun nor LBD, a shame considering the traditional protester beatings.

Switch has already outsold SNES:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-nintendo-switch-has-outsold-the-snes/1100-6473217/

Nintendo can't stop selling Switch consoles, and its latest financial earnings results are another strong sign of that. Nintendo has announced that the Nintendo Switch has now sold over 52 million units, taking it past the overall sales figures of the SNES.

The Nintendo Switch has now sold a total of 52.48 million units as of December 31, 2019, with the large majority of those being made up of the original Switch model. The original Switch (which includes the latest model with improved battery life) accounts for 47.3 million of overall sales, while the Switch Lite, which launched in September last year, has already reached 5.19 million units sold.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Whats does a Switch cost nowadays ? And is there going to be another Nintendo Console anytime soon ?

The Switch is handheld. I only played it that way for years.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The Switch is a great system and I'm very happy with it due to Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei, and Fire Emblem, but man does it seem like the owners have some shit taste whenever I check what the top sellers are

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Animal Crossing coming in march

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom