Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Makabb, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    No. I was able to finish it once, but it started to drag pretty early on. I started a 2nd play through but got bored pretty much immediately. The gameplay and tactics are meh, the story, writing and characters are shit and the technical aspects of the game are really weak as well. There isn't much in this game for anyone unless you're a relentless waifufag.

They already released a teaser trailer, but it never specified the console. Don't expect to see a release in a long time in any event. Atlus has never been able to readjust their development cycle to the modern era, which is why they've skipped the last two console gens pretty much entirely and instead focused on handheld devices, up until now. SMT5 should be coming out for the Switch as well, but who knows when, and what it will even look like by the time it does arrive.

Romancing Saga 2 & 3 and Scarlet Grace are nice. They're on the PC as well, but having the handheld option is cool.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Sunshine still has amazing looking water. Big issue with it is 30fps cap, even in Dolphin. If they could remove that...

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    You will get an email if someone logs into your account. No need to worry if you haven't gotten an email.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's retards buying stuff from scammers who asks their Nintendo account info.

^ Top  
  5. throwaway Arbiter

throwaway
    What's the closest thing to a Gothic-like on the Switch? (I was hoping they'd port Elex or the Risens but I guess the Krauts don't switch)

I got half a mind to dive into skyrim a decade late but I figured I can hold off till the hype dies.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Citizen Arcane

Citizen
    Dragon Dogma

• incline incline x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    Breath of the Wild.

• Yes x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Pretty stupid to only own a Switch if you're looking to play Western RPGs, but yeah... Zelda is similar enough, and very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    It is absolutely justified to own a Switch, only to play Deadly Premonition 2 :obviously:

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Diablo1_reborn Viva New Vegas! Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    Or just .. you know, use an emulator.

inb4 DP2 runs better on the emulator than on the Switch itself

^ Top  
  11. Citizen Arcane

Citizen
    NTSC-U version of sunshine can be played in 60 fps with a hack with no problems

^ Top  
  12. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Which Switch emulator I can bring to toilet with me comfortably?

^ Top  
  13. Thac0 Hopeless Optimist Patron

Thac0
    An interesting tidbit here: It got revealed that top sellers are pooled on total revenue, not on sales number.
    This means a 60 bucks game like breath of the wild is gonna stay in the top charts forever, since a 20-30$ game needs to sell double or triple the numbers to take its spot for a week.
    So a good smaller rpg like Steamworld Quest has rough times to get into the top charts.

^ Top  
  14. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    there's a 60fps patch for mario sunshine on dolphin

^ Top  
  15. orcinator Savant

orcinator
    Given the first game and the state of the footage we've seen it's better to just watch an LP instead of dealing with the gameplay.
    Not sure if there will be a decent one anytime soon though.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Sukhāvatī a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī Patron

Sukhāvatī

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    I would like to buy a Switch but its games cost a fuckton in my country :negative:

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. GewuerzKahn Learned

GewuerzKahn
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    They run sales all the time. I often get games for almost nothing. The exception are the mainline Nintendo catalog -- they're usually like 20% off at most if they ever get a promo.

^ Top  
  20. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow
    For those who own Switch, how is it's quality?

Honestly it looks like cheap tablet with shitty plastic controlers buy it may be just a false impression.

^ Top  
  21. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    I thought it was a cheap piece of shit when I took it out of the box. Like the holder that you hook to the TV set is flimsy plastic to put it kindly. Looks like something you'd buy second hand out of a flea market stall and then lose in the cluttered trunkspace of your car. But it all works. Like the first time I was playing Zelda on the TV, then hooked the joycons into it and took it with me into the bathroom to take a monstrous shit, and it just seamlessly went handheld and still looked great, I was like... this is actually genius as all fuck.

^ Mean every word of that.

^ Top  
  22. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Depends on your priorities. There are devices where I really care and will pay for the quality of the hardware, the design, materials, etc. A portable game device? Not so much. Why do I care about top notch chips or whatever if it has good games?

It's durable enough and I never worry too much about carrying it around. There's a known issue where they cheaped out on the controllers and the analogue is prone to drift. In US and some other places they are 'repairing' for free if so.

^ Top  
  23. ultimanecat Cipher

ultimanecat
    Mixed. The Switch itself feels solid, the controllers snap in nicely and it doesn’t feel creaky or cheap. I slapped on a $10 screen protector and the screen has held up great and I don’t worry about dropping it into the dock. That said, the dock feels light and cheap, putting the Switch into it just means literally dropping it loosely into it without any tactile response, the stand on the back of the Switch for playing with the controllers disconnected is completely useless and not fit for purpose, and the JoyCon analog sticks are notorious for being crap and prone to failure (my original left one broke and can’t click in but doesn’t have the “drift” most complaints are about). So... it’s okay but not built like a tank like Nintendo stuff typically has been.

^ Top  
  24. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    The analog sticks are shit. You have to baby them or you'll end up with stick drift. I had to replace mine once after getting pissed while playing a game and pushing on them too hard

^ Top  
  25. J1M Arcane

J1M
    720p 30fps

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.