Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Nioh: Feudal Era Dark Souls

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Siveon, Mar 7, 2016.

1. jungl Learned

jungl
    nothing matters in nioh slap on highest defense gear, strong style odachi kills everything in the game. The weapon and moveset variety sucks ass compared to souls games despite the addition of "skills". Combat has slighty more depth then a fucking beat em up game. The game has an illusion of depth with all numbers on gear.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  3. Shackleton Prophet Patron

Shackleton
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Ogress down on the first try. First 'proper' boss to do that to, if you don't count Kelley disguised as the samurai lord one.

Related news: Sloth Talismans seem ridiculously OP.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Don't get cocky, Ogress is the easiest boss in the game. :P
    It is, that's why I'm only using it now against a few bosses that I really dislike. Don't get overly reliant on it however. Some bosses, especially in side missions, just shrug it off in 3-4 seconds.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    :brodex:
    I am become death

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

Patch is out. And sounds like, surprisingly, it's pretty well implemented except there are still no keyboard/mouse icons: http://steamcommunity.com/app/485510/discussions/0/1488866813756913800/

But apparently it also messed up some people's controller connection: http://steamcommunity.com/app/485510/discussions/0/1488866813756812301/

^ Top  
  7. kalganoat Learned

kalganoat
    - Fixed other miscellaneous bugs

Hopefully they didn't nerf anything.

^ Top  
  8. Emmanuel2 Learned

Emmanuel2
    Farming Marobashi WotN by Just-frame guarding everything feels pretty awesome. Can be done in 1:30, 5 Billion base Amrita + pretty good ethereal rate.

Then tried farming Hyakki Yagyo with the same set FeelsBadMan. (and that everything is a ton tankier than in WotW). Very Doable but not farmable pretty much because of the giant spider spawn when Weeb-Queelag's health is at 50-60% and Hundred Eyes must have 5x more health compared to WotW.

60+ hours overall played, 30+ Abyss, and farmed up WotN ethereal (+40) gear and still the DLC human bosses are a fucking bitch to fight without relying on cheese like Paralytic groundfire, LW crutch, Sloths (which are basically 1-2 second in duration at this point), etc.

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    I'm pissed I don't have time to play for the next 2 weeks. Just when I settled on what build I'm aiming for plus a couple of others for lulz. :argh:

I'm also considering double dipping for the PC version as well, but only after Christmas. I'll see if people here still have interest yet because I would love to do a co-op run.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. sullynathan Arcane

sullynathan
    Neyo

^ Top  
  11. Ezekiel Savant

Ezekiel
    I'm in the Iga Escape mission and bored of the game. The levels are just too samey.

^ Top  
  12. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Game started to feel easy after I "master" single sword and axe. Revenants barely touch me now while I axe them to oblivion and chopping everything else with sword is satisfiying. Still can't get the timing on Iei (?) most of the time though.
    Bosses are especially become easy after the first area. I only died once to Ogress and that's because I forgot to get last kodama and didn't want to replay that map.

^ Top  
  13. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    In what sense? I figured the best way to play with the Iai is to actually not wait for the full charge as it is quite long and most enemies won't give you the time to complete it.

A couple of seconds after beginning the charge, there is a small flash on the sword acompanied by a sound. When you hear that, release it. Combine this with the skill that puts you in Iai stance whenever you succesfully Ki pulse and you can easily chain them. Get the Mystic Art - if you unlocked it - Sword of Execution, wait for the enemy attack, dodge behind them and Iai strike on their back for massive damage.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    I get cocky using it and get hit in middle of animation. Funny thing is I get the Sword of meditation timing almost perfectly.
    Loving the martial arts in this game <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Had the same problem at first. Do it like I said, release the sheathe button the instant the flash/chime happens, don't wait for the skill to activate on it's own. Then abuse the Ki pulse to put you in draw mode again.
    Also, if you really like Sword of Mediation, there's the Demon King set which grants a 2-piece bonus of Fast Skill Activation for Sword of Meditation.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Naah, sword is nice but my favorite is still the axe. Rampage and chop are awesome skills.
    Still loking for a good axe or a decent set.Nat a fan of Raging Bull (?)

^ Top  
  17. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    I haven't played much with the axe, only enough to get the Mystic Art. Fas as I know there are 2 sets with an axe - the axe master set and the Samurai of Dark Lands. The first has bonuses to 2 axe skills but the latter might be more up your alley as it has both a sword and an axe as weapons.

Between the 2 I would go for the Dark Lands one because you can go for the full set bonus because it gives Change to Attack Stamina and you can join clan Todo to get the heavy armor damage bonus and life gain for stamina or, in Way of the Strong, get the Yasakani Magatama and take both weapons with an armor piece and the other armor slots for Tatenashi. This way you get the God of War damage reduction and elemental damage reduction so you can hyperarmor through attacks eithout worrying about gettin one shot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Well, spoilered while searching about this set.
    Show Spoiler
    TBH I was expecting that outcome about "the demon king", especially after putting his wife on ice :smug:

BTW humanoid bosses are miles better than boring giant monstrosities.

^ Top  
  19. bert Arcane

bert
    Playing Nioh for the first time. I've been rolling with a Kusarigama/Bow/Handcannon as my weapons and I use both Ninjutsu and Omnyo. Do I need to worry about gear sets for my first playthrough or should I just go with whatever loot drops? I'm at something like 20 Dex & Magic, 11 Spirit and 7 Body. Is Spirit worth investing more in for the Guardian bonus stat unlocks? I think my Body might be too low. I use light armor cause I'm a ninja irl and medium/heavy armor is for bitches

I'm also in the Kinki region, just beat the spider lady.

^ Top  
  20. The Decline Arcane

The Decline
    Get the Iga armor set if you're going to focus on ninjutsu. The smithing text is a drop in the adept ninja dojo mission.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Yes.
    It's ok. You just need heavy armor. :troll:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. bert Arcane

bert
    I mostly use close attacks and use Ninjutsu for the free throwing items/pot resists when I need to.

gross :lol:

^ Top  
  23. Juan_Carlo Arcane

Juan_Carlo
    I ended up focusing on a ninjitsu/kusarigama build and all boss fights have been trivial. I can beat most on first try by just hitting them with sloth, then throwing every blade based throwable I have in their faces. Many bosses will stun lock if you thrown all 21 of your kunai in their faces, then follow it up with all 15 of your storm kunai. After that, you just activate your living blade and finish them off.

Basic human bosses like Hatori Honso are the hardest in this game, because unlike the larger bosses, they tend to block basic ninjitsu attacks so they can't be stun locked.

And, yeah, Iga is awesome with ninjitsu, but you need the full set (including the kusarigama and katana) to get the full ninjitsu perk. I have a full set, but I don't have the smithing texts, which kind of sucks. So I have to re-soul forge everything ever few levels.

For what it's worth, I'm a total min/max build. My body and stamina are well under 10 (6 or 7, I think). My dex is in the 40s, Magic 20, and Spirit 30. My remaining points are in Skill, mostly just to get the needed Samauri skill points to upgrade the Kusarigama. I honestly don't notice the lack of body/stamina. Iga armor is so light you can maintain an A agility, even without investing in stamina. I can get one shotted by enemies with axes, but they are easy to avoid so I'm not too worried about upping my HP.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    ^ Top  
  24. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    This trivials most boss fights, I stopped using it actually. Only using them on bird monks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Somberlain Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    You never git gud if you abuse sloth, Daniel-san.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.