Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is going to be a 'AAA' version of Starbound.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
NMS is using Havok and Speedtree, Havok for physics and speedtree for procedural trees and grass generation

XUKVTEh.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Since what you do to planets is not even persistent, it doesn't matter.

:retarded:

Your shitpost-fanboism worked better when you were trying to use, at the very least, half truths. Now you're just going full retard. Sean already said that whatever terraforming I do in a planet will not be visible to you. The only things that carry over from player to player are the names. Now shitpost harder.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is going to be a 'AAA' version of Starbound.

Because in starbound you can control your ship in space
You can control your ship in Elite: Dangerous -- doesn't make it anymore soulless and boring. It's going to be terrible like Starbound because even if you have a hundred thousand planets once you've seen five or six you've seen them all.

Mozg

Arcane
Like in real life, space is an incomprehensibly gigantic void without meaning or interest

Another place God isn't

Videogames teach primates the hard lessons

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Fuck man, I don't usually even notice a big difference between FOVs, but that's painful, feels like he's on a box. Surely it must be low even for console standards?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
And I was looking forward to playing the released version of Starbound.
If you're a builder-fag, you'll love Starbound. If you're looking for some kind of meaningful gameplay with character progression, itemization, some kind of challenging experience that ties the shitload of features together well... then... you're out of luck. It's a 15ish hour 1980's Capcom platformer. Oh, but you can build a colony with generic npcs, play some crops, and ride on a boat!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
And I was looking forward to playing the released version of Starbound.
If you're a builder-fag, you'll love Starbound. If you're looking for some kind of meaningful gameplay with character progression, itemization, some kind of challenging experience that ties the shitload of features together well... then... you're out of luck. It's a 15ish hour 1980's Capcom platformer. Oh, but you can build a colony with generic npcs, play some crops, and ride on a boat!

Meh. I liked Terraria for the adventure, resource gathering, boss killing and dungeon/biome crawling. If Starbound doesn't have that, it doesn't have anything.

i watched some footage for the first time.
so all this hassle for starbound 3d? starbound 3d with multiple hungers mechanics?
and with this:
021107.jpg

i'm not saying it's automatically a bad game, not at all, but i see NO reason to celebrate it when it adds nothing new.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There are millions of people who love games like this (note the popularity of ARK and similar stuff) so I'm sure it'll do well. Personally I don't find building and exploring purely for the sake of sight-seeing in a VR world that entertaining.

Turjan

Arcane
Wait, wait, wait, wait.... dat retail box shot... this is a konsole title???!!! Why is this thread 65 pages long .... on kodex???
Mostly because of one person.

Then again, we also have 181 page Dragon Age: Inquisition or 200 page Fallout 4 threads.

Modron

Arcane
Mostly because of one person.

Then again, we also have 181 page Dragon Age: Inquisition or 200 page Fallout 4 threads.

That 200 page Fallout 4 pre-release thread had a 150 pages by the time the game was even announced. :happytrollboy:

Was kind of like the DA:I thread once people saw how terrible it was discussion really slowed down.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck man, I don't usually even notice a big difference between FOVs, but that's painful, feels like he's on a box. Surely it must be low even for console standards?

It looks extremely low. Like he was permanently zoomed in or something.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
here is online, and you complain about FOV on a console? there is the pc version.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
i watched some footage for the first time.
so all this hassle for starbound 3d? starbound 3d with multiple hungers mechanics?
and with this:
i'm not saying it's automatically a bad game, not at all, but i see NO reason to celebrate it when it adds nothing new.

how the fuck you call this a starbound if there is a space game like any other space sim ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom