Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
New screenshot, showing new gameplay element? possibly a quest ? and a new NPC

3O9VJGb.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Now i'm getting a star control 2 vibe.

This game is like a mix of all games that was done before it, but all in one game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This game is like a mix of all games that was done before it, but all in one game.

That usually means that the end product is worse than all of the games before it.

If there's one valid point of criticism that can be aimed at the game even now, it's the distinct lack of focus. It's trying too hard to be too many things - the odds of it becoming anything more than the next overhyped product is next to none.

And now, a word from our resident fanboy...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

That usually means that the end product is worse than all of the games before it.

If there's one valid point of criticism that can be aimed at the game even now, it's the distinct lack of focus. It's trying too hard to be too many things - the odds of it becoming anything more than the next overhyped product is next to none.

And now, a word from our resident fanboy...
:edgy:

Perkel

Arcane
Hello Games outright say that if you look for next space combat sim game then NMS isn't your game.
This game if more focused toward people who like Space Engine than Freespace or X games.

I spend dozens of hours just watching stuff in space engine and NMS seems to be exactly same time waster i like.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014

That's weird. What could happen that delays a game by three days?

Actually, now that I think about it could just be that games release on a tuesday in the US and a friday in the EU.

EDIT: Yeah, for me (Australia) release date is the 11th, for people in the EU they're seeing the 12th and people in the US are seeing the 9th. It's just usual publisher release bullshit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
the online part of the game must have a cd-key or some authentication, so you wont test that with the free version
Implying I want to interact with other humans

Implying that you even would should you foolishly buy a legit copy of NMS. Since what you do to planets is not even persistent, it doesn't matter. I wish they'd just admit that this game doesn't actually have online, because that looks to be the case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom