Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Rest For The Wicked - Isometric Action RPG with Unprecedented Verticality from The Maker of Ori Games - now on Early Access

tritosine2k

Erudite
'Verticality' is a shitty unproven gimmick that in no way improves gameplay.
Proper verticality in a 3D game allows for more complex and layered level design and I fail to see how that doesn't improve gameplay in any way.
Not even RTS solved pathfinding and that was without "verticality".

Here you can expect spawns in vertical direction too big fucking deal.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
No Rest for the Wicked Launch Trailer and Details

Hello everyone!

The launch of No Rest for the Wicked is only a few days away! Thank you for the support as we approach
Early Access release on April 18th at 9am PT | 12pm ET | 5pm BMT | 6pm CEST

Get excited as we tick down the minutes to launch:

Launch Information
Though this information is already out in the world, we’d like to share with you the game’s launch plans.

No Rest for the Wicked will be available at a
special introductory price of $35.99 USD | £31.95 GBP | €35.99 EUR* here on Steam
for a period of two weeks following release until May 2, 2024 at 9am PST.

The game will be available for $39.99 USD | £34.99 GBP | €39.99 EUR* after this two-week period ends.

We’d also like to confirm that No Rest for the Wicked will not have any microtransactions. And, the game’s single player experience will not require an online connection or any anti-cheat software. We’re dedicated to providing you all with a complete, seamless experience!

Regional Pricing
We’ve seen a lot of questions about regional pricing. We understand that some countries experience economic factors that make a direct conversion from the dollar unfair for folks in those countries. We’ve instead taken a look at Steam’s recommended pricing, as well as a range of recent releases to land at regional prices that are hopefully considerate of the local situation and offer great value for our Early Access content.

See you on the 18th!

No MTX, and no forced online connection required.

Softgels

Scholar
NRFTW-PC-Spec.jpg

motherfucker

Educated
But it really wishes you didn't make it do that.
I get 120 FPS, it's not like I'm terribly straining it. I'll concede that that game is incredibly well coded and an indie studio wouldn't reach that level of optimization, but 3070Ti for 1080p@60? Will be incredibly tragic if the game is actually good but still dies because it runs like arse.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
But it really wishes you didn't make it do that.
I get 120 FPS, it's not like I'm terribly straining it. I'll concede that that game is incredibly well coded and an indie studio wouldn't reach that level of optimization, but 3070Ti for 1080p@60? Will be incredibly tragic if the game is actually good but still dies because it runs like arse.
I just meant that D4 sucks ass.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Why is this more demanding than Ghosts of Tsushima lmao.
Because gamers don't realize how much is art of programming, especially in video games sector, endangered. Most programmers today operate on 99 layers of abstractions, very far away from 1s and 0s, thus optimization is almost forgotten art. Modern engines faciliate most of all: sales of new graphics cards. Average coder/developer is such retard that if you knew, everything about modern AAA gaming industry and single indie dev masterworks would make much more sense

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom