Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Noita - magical action roguelike where every pixel is physically simulated

V_K

Arcane
Part of the reason why Noita is amazing is that wall you break after a while and you realize you didn't even scratch surface.
As you can see from this thread, some people aren't amazed at all.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Part of the reason why Noita is amazing is that wall you break after a while and you realize you didn't even scratch surface.
As you can see from this thread, some people aren't amazed at all.
Which is completely fine, at least by me. This is one of those games that make the other half fall head-over-heels in love with it, while the other just goes...
meh.png

oldbonebrown

Arcane
Does anyone know what caused this?
LNRnyxe.jpg

This geld kept eating away at the ground making more geld as soon as I walked over it. Got over 20k doing this
and then polymorphed into a fireball and died in a puddle.

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
Draught of Midas does that. You can create it by pouring Alchemic Precursor on meat. The recipe of A. P. is random for every run, maybe you just happened to get lucky during an accidental mixing and it was right next to a dead enemy?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This is peak autism.
SCSrHgp.jpg

Damage plus + mist of something + crit on wet/burning/whatever + homing

Still the ultimate boss killer (and only the viable option, even with infinite spells perk). 500k HP with 13 orbs.

Perkel

Arcane
Ok. 1.0 probably introduced more content than rest of the game had before. Yes base core is the same but there are shitload of new stuff starting with plenty of bosses compared to like 2-3 before, new types of enemies that i think almost doubled monster count to shitload of changes to areas and secret stuff.
People are still uncovering new stuff non stop.

Nota devs outdid themselves.

Also i think Noita could be considered a igavania like game considering how rest of game works and how you access it and various other stuff.

V_K

Arcane
Yeah, I caved in to give it another try, and it certainly seems like there's more stuff - I'm finding a lot more potions and wands than in my original dip in EA version - which certainly helps making the starting area less of a drag. I just wish it had a non-permadeath mode, with temples allowing for "permanent" saves. You know, for filthy casuals who just want to blow shit up and not worry too much about losing all progress.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah, I caved in to give it another try, and it certainly seems like there's more stuff - I'm finding a lot more potions and wands than in my original dip in EA version - which certainly helps making the starting area less of a drag. I just wish it had a non-permadeath mode, with temples allowing for "permanent" saves. You know, for filthy casuals who just want to blow shit up and not worry too much about losing all progress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/noita/comments/daumm0/saveload_game_script/

Aurelius

Educated
This game is pretty good, although the charm of the crazy wand building holds much longer than the "every pixel simulated" gimmick in my opinion. Suffers heavily from bullshit RNG common to the genre, e.g. I'm not sure if you could build a decent wand without getting any of increase mana, the drilling bolts, chainsaw, reduce recharge time or the phase saber, but that's likely a lack of creativity on my part. Perks differ wildly in quality and can fuck you over really hard in ways you wouldn't expect, although I guess that is part of its appeal.

Exploration options and secrets are nice and all, but unless you get really lucky, you won't have enough health to explore freely, since health refills are severely limited. As far as I can tell this is a feature and I know that there are ways around it, but the early parts of the game get old really fast.

Decided to start savescumming after beating the "boss" legitimately and getting tired of not really getting anywhere, and it's a much more enjoyable experience. Lucked out tremendously and had the
Lively concoction recipe be water + chilly water + toxic sludge without looking it up or anything,
thereby significantly reducing challenge in the game. Guess that means I'll grow tired or it more quickly, but I'm still enjoying it.

Efe

Erudite
this game reminds me of "a valley without wind" with its most ambitious parts stripped away..

toroid

Arcane
Just started playing Noita a couple weeks ago and I have to say I'm very pleased. I was initially drawn by the pixel physics and destructible terrain but the exploration, combat, wand system, audio design, and even the atmosphere are also extremely satisfying. As I learn about all the little complex interactions, enemy behavior and patterns in map generation I find myself moving faster and progressing a little further each time I start a new game. It's definitely one of the most fun games to learn that I've ever experienced, and it seems to tickle a lot of my game design ideals. It feels like a mixture of NetHack and Cortex Command.. and I think this is similar to what Cortex Command had the potential to be over a decade ago if the dev actually wanted to work on his game.

I'm 32 hours in and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. If I had to complain about anything it would be that my success as a beginner is a little too dependent upon random luck, but I'm still having a ton of fun regardless. Hope it lasts.

Perkel

Arcane
I'm 32 hours in and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. If I had to complain about anything it would be that my success as a beginner is a little too dependent upon random luck, but I'm still having a ton of fun regardless. Hope it lasts.

The feeling of "shitty luck" goes away after a while. From start you get that wand with bomb. When you switch that bomb for initial spell from other wand you effectively have machine gun. It isn't amazing but it is huge upgrade over first wand that can definitely get you through few levels.

Also i noticed in 1.0 you no longer start with same set. It is kind of randomized and you get various basic spells. In order to start with different setup you have to unlock those spells first.

So noita is no longer rogue like but rogue lite in that sense.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, played it a bit.
For first time I didn;t ran forward - I ran right back and
immadiately found egg on tree
so I guess I have right mindset for game.
However Inevr really think about
going to the Moon? so I guess my mindset isn't strong enough
I did find almost from the beggining stuff you can find if you climb the mountine (wand that makes soil).
I did found on
third level sphere with nuke spell and some kind of temple where if you go back you get some boss that blinds/eliminates you, piramide and that tomb in the air that have something that shoot ptojectiles from you (this eliminates unprepared char quickly), mechanical turtles that pkay music if you kick them lol
, however no matter what, I can't go past lvl 4. Lvl 4 is where my 200+ hp got evaporated uite fast lol couple of times I got there.
Most of the time I die at lvl 1 cause I think - oh, I'm a hero, I'll get hundreds of gold money! and do get them, and keep risking with 1-5 hp with 600 gold and then char perish. Ha.
I think most vable tactics in the begining, is to run to second level to see what perks you can get, to unlock them all?

Also I do kow there is alchemy, but don't spoil me please, at first I thought it consist from mixing different potions, but looks like you need things like bone dust rigth? in general liguids and stuff from a game world. Anyway, I either guss it myself or finish game without it.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
1.0 definitely ramped up the difficulty even more at the beginning to midgame. Hearts are spare and sometimes even more hidden, the temple Hearts give less HP, enemies have more HP (especially those poison shooter fucks in LVL5), and the amount of new (useless) perks ramp up the RNG factor a lot at the temple. Still GOTY, but way more frustrating than before pre 1.0.

SlamDunk

Arcane
I can't go past lvl 4. Lvl 4 is where my 200+ hp got evaporated uite fast lol couple of times I got there.
It's not as much about how much hit points you have but how great a wand and spells you have. There is also at least one rather necessary perk to have before entering level 4. It's not vital, but it helps a lot.

It also helps to always play with headphones on and to always be cautious no matter how great you are or your wand is.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
And one pixel of chaotic polymorphine can kill you, no matter what.

O.K., there is one counter for that now, but it is pretty impractical

SlamDunk

Arcane
Noita is now feature-complete. From now on the game will receive bug fixes only.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/noita/announcements/detail/3008941395581931612

Nolla Games said:
Noita Epilogue Update

Noita Epilogue update is out now. It's one of our biggest updates yet and is also going to be the last major update for Noita. The change list alone is 319 entries long. You can read the full release notes at the end of this post.

While this is the last major update for Noita, it's not going to be the End of Everything. We'll still keep an eye out for bugs and try to patch them. There is also a thriving modding scene, which is producing amazing mods for the game. And most importantly the Noita player community is more active than ever.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
glad to see games that doesn't spent entire elementary school years in early access. will try this soon. looks p amazing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom