Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

(NSFW 18+) CarsFuckingDragons RPG Part 1 : The Search for Dragon Pussy

Discussion in 'Codex Workshop' started by Barrishimi, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Falksi Arcane

Falksi
    Funnily enough mate I just finished it the other day. I only aimed to make it a 1-2 hour one, but I reckon it's gonna be around 5-10 hours to play through. I've just got to go through it all and playtest it fully and tweak it.

Quite proud of it for a first attempt. It wouldn't be anywhere near good enough to be classed as a "proper" RPG, but it achieved what I wanted it to - a test-run use of RPG Maker & a game for my mates to play, which reflects on us & our childhood together. And it's still probably better than Skyrim.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. AdolfSatan Magister

AdolfSatan
    Congratulations! A first game is no small feat, many developers fail to reach that milestone.

I recommend you speedhack for testing if you haven't already, iirc rpg maker has no speed settings.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Something worthy to note if you launch your game from the RPG Maker program, you can press CTRL and go through walls (saves some time). I have a ton of save files and try and test play every area multiple times. Most times, I will miss or overlook something on the first attempt. You can also test fight your enemies with ANY weapon / armour / party combination which helps a ton. That is how I have done it so far but I will DEFINITELY check out speedhack and this sounds like a game changer!! Thanks for the recommendation.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    I almost emptied 0.7.l bottle of vodka and gave the game another try. it's fine, i kinda dig the writing, but the gamepaly is rather shit, jut like any other rpgmaker game. honestly, too much grinding required, even if i follow the instructions you sent me privately. Your "game"'s strong point is your inanity, Barrishimi , but the gameplay is shit as any other rpgmaker game, so please limit it to the minimum. I definitely don't feel like grinding in the game, but I enjoy the writing. Write more, but remove as much grind a possible, perhaps just limit the game to just some scripted fights (and balanc it properly) and remove RNG altoghether, but it's up to you. I wouldn't recommend it with the current grinding, especially sicne this game requires the player to be drunk to properly enjoy themselves.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Hey, Konjad! I would like to express my huge gratitude for playing my game and providing some constructive criticism which is very valuable especially at this stage in the project! I am pleased that you enjoy the writing but will definitely rework some of the battles / grinding aspect (so it is less grinding for the player) and shift my focus more to the writing which is the strength of the game. Well, either that or partner up with a liquor company and give out coupons / drinks with copies of the game. lol. /s :P Anyways, I raise my glass to you, Konjad. Okrzyki! (cheers)

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    It took me a while to realise this wasn't a Prosper alt...I.....I find the idea of two of them existing at the same time unnerving.....

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Citizen Arcane

Citizen
    Unidentified palace somewhere in southern Russia
    Waiting for an inevitable collab

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    *Your party has strengthed... You have gotten stronger, faster --- hornier*

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Hag Educated

Hag
    The only good RPG Maker I've played (Space Funeral, although Off is also good if only too long for its own sake) has very few and always easy battles, that are more the occasion to play some catchy music and see the weird enemies than to fight, since as you say RPG Maker system is shit.

This game pitch is a fever nonsense, it looks ugly, is based on a stupid and immature idea, and has therefore all my support. Please do carry on with your madness.

^ Top  
  10. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Actually this is the second or even third time I heard about this game, Space Funeral and will check it out actually. I am a fan of some RPG Maker games, one that actually put in the effort - using the same stock characters and stock music are the ones I tend to avoid. Can probably guarentee if everything is stock, the writing and other aspects of the game are probably going to be trash, which is exactly what I am trying to avoid here. But, yeah, thank you and I will check this out --- always up for checking out good games in this category.

You know, next to Konjad's "Best RPGMaker game I've played to this day" and the quote above --- I think I am actually on to something here. haha. I REALLY appreciate that, Hag. Actually I took some of the feedback to heart with the too grindy and implemented a SEAT BELT SYSTEM yesterday that the player can equip different seat belts (one the "Hand Knitted Seat Belt" avoids random encounters altogether so the player can explore any of the maps and not worry about grinding or a ton of random enemy encounters.

In all seriousness --- you all have shown quite the interest in this and I am impressed with the community. Thank you everybody!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Yeah, we just received the theme song to Car's House (The Garage) and working on some more writing. Some of my time is also going in to develop another game, "The Towers of Wowers : Climbing the Shit Tower". Of course, this won't be as professional as CFD but I can assure you, it has some EXCELLENT things. :) Will keep you all updated soon. Also can feel free to check our subreddit out and follow us along the gaming company at www.reddit.com/r/NecroCaticGames ... In addition, we have made a discord located here : https://discord.gg/aDH9HhetJn --- and even a MERCH site www.redbubble.com/people/NecroCaticGames ... but mostly the news is that I am adding all the writing and crafting the world a little more rich, nailing the jokes and lovingly bringing the characters (and enemies) to life!!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    The final boss is in the game --- "The Megatherion" Final Boss for CFD game is now in! : NecroCaticGames (reddit.com) and we are just touching up the map designs more or less and test playing it. We are also hard at work on a title that will be released before the CARS FUCKING DRAGONS game called "The Tower of Wowers : Climbing the Shitower" which is NEARLY completed as well, just inputting the music and composing for that one. Feel free to check out our official discord for development on both of these games : www.reddit.com/r/NecroCaticGames

Thank you for your attention and the support you all have shown me and my gaming company. <3

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Just giving all you DRAGON FUCKERS a update. Our subreddit recently got banned and now we are operating out of : NecroCatic Games OFFICIAL Subreddit And considering our first post is telling Reddit to go fuck themselves, let's see how long we can last this time!! lol.

Enemies are being switched out and the music is being added to the game --- the enemies are being tweaked and progress is going nicely! We won't let this take away from us!! Please show us some support, thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Ask DU to create a subforum on RPGCodex for you, we're already hosting plenty of RPG devs:
    https://rpgcodex.net/forums/categories/hosted-rpg-forums.49/

Might as well host your dev team.

DarkUnderlord ?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Konjad, that's a pretty great idea actually!! That would work for me. :) Good suggestion, thank you.

Update 92873: I got the rest of the enemies today sent over from Cesare, so now I am just inputting them into the game and ALL enemies are done for TTOW. Now (I believe) approximately a dozen or so songs to be written and some polishing (including enemy balancing for EXP and atk - def) and a little bit of test playing and she will be done. Then I can dedicate all my time to the CFD and finish that one up! (The enemies are finished on there but also needs balancing and music). I put a shit ton of designs in the merch store as well for anyone that is interested including Coffin Nail Cat design and a Devil Cat design that we just got a commission backl. I would also like to wish everyone a great day!! \m/ Happy --- errr... Holidays and all that! lol. I have a hard time writing that when I am literally resizing CruciStik Man'75 right now that drops the Nail Gun and CruciShades. lolol. CHEERS!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Darth Canoli Magister

Darth Canoli
    Well, he would but he was banned from reddit...

Fuck off already! Wait what? No furries? Ok, you can sit with Porky near the radiator for a while...

Maybe you should host your screenshots elsewhere and post the screens directly here.

• Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Good idea, here are some enemies --- CLAUG , ExPOOsed Brain Cat (the Shit Variant of the Exposed Brain Cat), The Bong A Tron, Shitty Beach Scene, Metal King Ssnak (Rare Variant of the King Ssnak), A Carrot
    ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND *an actual cover of the CARSFUCKINGDRAGONS* (as all those were from The Tower of Wowers : Climbing the Shitower")

CARS FUCKING DRAGONS : THE SEARCH FOR DRAGON PUSSY
    title screen. <--- A FEW SCREENSHOTS there of CFD!

New updates to TTOW include : Controls are WASD now instead of arrows movement keys and there is also now a QUIT Game from the menu! Things looking up!

• Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    A couple of the bosses from TOWERS!

FLAME FACE is the first boss you will meet who does FACEMELT.

Here is LONG TOE (one of the bosses) who does KICK --- it's devastating.

And here is the title music!

^ Top  
  19. Darth Canoli Magister

Darth Canoli
    So your 8-years old daughter is the artist?
    I don't mind 2D at all, not even this kind of hand-drawn "art" but how do you use this for a RPG?

Are you trying to make a visual novel with weird/jrpg combat?

Nevermind, i forgot it was made with RPGMaker...

^ Top  
  20. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Hey! My 8 year old daughter is going to be pissed you are talking about her drawings like that!!!

In all seriousness, these are the "prereleased" Screenshits (rightfully chosen word for them) -- I have worked my ass off on this game, switched to side battler and even have some battle backs for CROPPING daughter's drawing (transparent background). Well... I mean technically it's a dude in his mid thirties but Cesare can still be my daughter if he chooses to!!! lol.

https://imgur.com/a/AFSkp6V I mean just look at the changes --- I think if you aren't on board right now, do you even game, bro? lol.

^ Top  
  21. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Puting the PEE in R PEE G!!

^ Top  
  22. bionicman Educated

bionicman
    I like this the most:

[​IMG]

Reminds me of that easter egg in Anachronox when an NPC shows you his drawing:

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  23. Barrishimi Literate

Barrishimi
    Haha! Thanks man! That's Cars Farming Carrots, really wholesome stuff there! Definitely easter egg. I guess Cars need some vitamins to replenish after a session with a dragon!! <3

Anachronox, you say? That drawing is pretty badass. Anything with a skull is a greenlight from me!! And is that a cat to the bottom right? \m/ A -- skull... cat. You could even say a NecroCat. NecroCatic Games. It all makes sense now. I like unexpected random stuff like that. I think that's my kind of humour and I suck at drawing but somehow people encourage me to suck more. Or keep sucking... Or is it suck less? For the record - that Cars Farming Carrots I didn't draw... My drawings are much much worse. I somehow thing after people see my shit the 8 year old daughter drawing comment above is actually a sweet endearing compliment. Somehow I don't think he would be that nice though. ;-) But who cares, I am the programming / idea / company guy. I do draw some pretty sweet Cars Fucking Dragons though... Pm me for sauce.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. shywn Savant

shywn
    You're a little bit late on that, because Angie in Wonderland did that already... 25 years ago.

But that game is a little bit too sophisticated for your audience, I guess. Whoever they may be.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.