Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Duraframe300

Arcane
Parker is credited as director of Alpha Protocol. I have no idea what else he's done at Obsidian. Maybe he's just had the misfortune of being on every cancelled project.

Directed South Park for a majority of its development.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Some dev posted an angry comment about Parker after Protocol was released. Avellone said they never knew who it was. I also think Parker had a problem with Mitsoda (the reason why he left).

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/is-chris-parker-dragging-obsidian-down.45090/

Not counting any of that, the guy is basically all about consoles and popamole (and Skyrim). You won't hear him talking about Darklands.

Doesn't meant Avowed will be bad though. Just expect nothing from it.

The Codex archived comment tells me nothing about this Parker beyond he sounds like a Feargus. I can't even tell what role the complainer played in the development, but that was probably by intention to avoid Parker and legal wrath.

Avowed: Expectations already low, based on boring-ass generic LOTR trailer.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Wow. That was a read.

There was one telling meeting where Chris Parker told the company they were hiring someone to replace him for his position "to do what he did", and someone raised their hand and said, “but Chris, we don’t know what it is you do.”

Guess they never hired for his position. Would have loved to see the recruitment ad for that post.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
There was one telling meeting where Chris Parker told the company they were hiring someone to replace him for his position "to do what he did", and someone raised their hand and said, “but Chris, we don’t know what it is you do.”
This is one of my favorite May of Rage quotes. Also holy fuck, it happened two and a half years ago.

Wow. That was a read.
read the whole thread, Chris kept posting there for days if not weeks.
Flying Dutchman should probably call in sick for a day or two.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
For some reason I always thought that was the guy who went on to work for CD Project ?

No, but he said he suspected he knew who it was (some bitter guy who always hated what they were doing).

Gordian Nutt

Educated
Have any specifics?

Sorry had to scroll back also sorry so long

Would usually ignore this except 4 posters were saying this and agreeing with each other. I did not post comments they disagreed about

+++++++++++++++

Details from 4 posters - while they said some of their jobs I cannot confirm employment of any

2 were Obsidain ex-producers from a long time ago

1 of 2 producers “Spiffer” had a lot of bad comments, I only wrote the ones with facts

1 was a CDPR senior employer

not sure on last one who was mostly yes and no but I think worked with CDPR poster

(Did not do screen captures because it was several pages of Discord)

+++++++++++++++

Comments:

“Fat”rick Mills – (nickname is not mine, did not think was fair because I doubt posters were thin either!)

Confirmed Quest designer at Obsidian, did poor job, difficult to manage his schedule

Now as Quest designer at CDPR, still has management time schedule issues

Yes man and flatterer at both places to specific leads and directors, disregards others he hates, caused confict

Producers at Obsidian mentioned this was hard because they could not enforce time schedule because he had ear of Feargus

Slept a lot at both places on company time

Sent out bad very personal global emails about production staff? (* only Spiffer said this, other Obsidian producer agreed but did not say what this meant then ignored questions about it)

Got fired at Obsidian for angering Feargus in company meeting (could not get more info on what this was)

Went to CDPR

Tried to get rehired and leave CDPR by asking Feargus, Feargus said no (This last comment was a surprise to CDPR person who wished he would have quit)

Still sleeps a lot at work, so bad it maybe physical problem

Bad work ethic at CDPR like Obsidian, unreliable with tasks and fixing bugs

CDPR has tries or tried to work with him and health seems to have helped a little

Smart but lazy and difficult worker (all agreed)

+++++++++++++++

All seemed happy not to have to work with him again except CDPR and yes and no poster

If hear more, will pass along but might be reason why Cyberpunk had quest bugs

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Looking through Patrick's twitter and some things are sticking out to me.

1. He and Sawyer seem to be friends.
2. He *really* loves his cat.

3. He likes tentacles.

4. This:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
1 of 2 producers “Spiffer” had a lot of bad comments, I only wrote the ones with facts

Oh, Alvin's still around? Based Hot Tub Man. :M

“Fat”rick Mills – (nickname is not mine, did not think was fair because I doubt posters were thin either!)

Accurate tbh. :lol:

Confirmed Quest designer at Obsidian, did poor job, difficult to manage his schedule

Now as Quest designer at CDPR, still has management time schedule issues

Yes man and flatterer at both places to specific leads and directors, disregards others he hates, caused confict

Producers at Obsidian mentioned this was hard because they could not enforce time schedule because he had ear of Feargus

Slept a lot at both places on company time

Sent out bad very personal global emails about production staff? (* only Spiffer said this, other Obsidian producer agreed but did not say what this meant then ignored questions about it)

Got fired at Obsidian for angering Feargus in company meeting (could not get more info on what this was)

Went to CDPR

Tried to get rehired and leave CDPR by asking Feargus, Feargus said no (This last comment was a surprise to CDPR person who wished he would have quit)

Still sleeps a lot at work, so bad it maybe physical problem

Bad work ethic at CDPR like Obsidian, unreliable with tasks and fixing bugs

CDPR has tries or tried to work with him and health seems to have helped a little

Smart but lazy and difficult worker (all agreed)

This is all stereotypical goon behavior so I believe all of it.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Give me a protag like this:

Bussetta. Speaks zero words in the entire movie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom