Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Drax

Arcane
Yum, more elves and dwarfs and orcs with different names because sawyer... :roll:

raesha

Educated
Is there any word on how that PoE novella they promised with one of the editions is coming along? Reinstalled the game and noticed how that folder still has a 1kb txt file mentioning production.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there any word on how that PoE novella they promised with one of the editions is coming along? Reinstalled the game and noticed how that folder still has a 1kb txt file mentioning production.

Chris Avellone is working on it (ie, don't hold your breath).

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Armored Warfare beta headstart started.

Might buy founder just to check it out. I love tanks.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Seems like Obsidian are going to do regular LPs now: http://www.twitch.tv/obsidian/v/18861502

I mean.. cool? Let's be honest if they weren't associated with Obsidian this would be a really boring / poor Let's Play.
The audio is bad / cuts into an echo randomly, they talk amongst themselves with inside jokes.
She's just playing quietly and not talking at all while the community manager makes small jabs or tries to scare her.

It just looks like they are playing together and it happened to be filmed. But it's Obsidian so we are all gonna bend over and start fellating each other because omfg Obsidian is playing vidyas!!!

I'm glad to see Obsidian is trying to include their community more after seeing the success of MCA dying to wolves, then Sawyer playing Darklands. It's just boring to watch though..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wasn't expecting anybody to actually watch it. :M But I'll tell you if they ever play an interesting game.

Zeronet

Learned
Armored Warfare beta headstart started.

Might buy founder just to check it out. I love tanks.

My friends who are all into World of Tanks type games say its pretty good, takes what was good about WoT and makes it better. Could always wait and try it out for free though. I'm interested because it has PvE, PvP can get so tiresome after a while so i avoided WoT.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Chris has said (via Twitter, I believe) that the PoE novella is done and is at the editing phase at the moment. I can't seem to find it at the moment though. I'm 100% certain that I've seen such a thing and it was official, lulz.

EDIT: Found it
post-69197-0-54336900-1442195758.png

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
Well, now we're at the stage where you need to ask yourself who you're going to believe.

I don't really care myself, but I will say this: Brian Fargo may be the kind of guy who trips your sleazy salesman alarm, but keep in mind that CMcC said the same thing.

If you read the WoTC statement, they said no one submitted a proposal. That's correct. Asking about the license is a different matter.

I didn't submit a proposal. I asked. I got nowhere.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Chris has said (via Twitter, I believe) that the PoE novella is done and is at the editing phase at the moment. I can't seem to find it at the moment though. I'm 100% certain that I've seen such a thing and it was official, lulz.

EDIT: Found it
post-69197-0-54336900-1442195758.png

Avellone is the GRRM of gaming at this point. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sannom

Augur
Obsidian has been streaming game sessions of survival or horror games each friday this october. Alien Isolation is only the last of those.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know which is the right thread to post this, but New Vegas Ultimate Edition and New Vegas are on sale on steam ATM for 50% and 66% respectively.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom