Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Monad

Learned
Character sheet looks great to me. Though I'm not really as picky as some about that kind of stuff. As long as it's functional and has all of the necessary information what does it matter?

Hormalakh

Magister
pallegina sounds like vagina, pelican, paladin-vagina, and other derivatives. Just call her victoria. Keep it simple.

all the other names have always evoked certain characteristics, sort of Shakespearean in their cretivitiy. forton and earth, strength. eder a sort of wispy, river-y sneaky yet solid name. aloth is straight up dark-elfish in quiality. i dunno where pallegina comes from.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
:D Pallegina really is the Paladin? Sawyer has a sense of humor after all.

Hey, none of you noticed that Intellect isn't the stat that affects damage. :M

Wonder what Penetration and Interrupt are exactly. Looks like a big improvement overall.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
pallegina sounds like vagina, pelican, paladin-vagina, and other derivatives. Just call her victoria. Keep it simple.

Ha

I always find it funny how much people complain about them, because this shit is based on perception and for large parts of your fanbase an entirly different experience.

That said I'm not sure what meaning Sawyer is going for with Pallegina.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Looks so good. By far the most competently executed kickstarter project so far. Really hope its going to be as good as it looks right now.

What does ''most time in party'' refer to? It says The Devil of Caroc. Is this also a companion?

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Josh said:
ItinerantNomad said:
Josh, please describe the stats if possible. I don't know what concentration is, whether healing is based on spells/abilities that case healing, per-time unit healing for stamina/health or both, etc. is penetration different from the DT piercing? interrupt is what exactly, spell interruption?
Concentration is similar to Concentration in 3E/3.5 (somewhat similar to Poise in Dark Souls) but it is for everyone, not just spellcasters. Concentration prevents you from playing hit reactions when you take damage. If you cannot maintain Concentration, you will play a hit reaction and your attack/reload/spell is interrupted. We're still defining the system (in fact, I was messing around with the formulae before I sat down), but that's the general idea.

In the new scheme, Might affects damage/healing whether it's a single application or over time. Penetration is something we may or may not use in conjunction with an inherent Penetration value on weapons and other attacks that cause damage. I'm leaning toward "not" right now.

:bro:

Concentration sounds fucking rad.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
pe-ui-character-sheet.jpg
:love:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It is so beautiful. The UI, the big figthing area/ruin, it is a pleasure to my eyes. They won't mess this up, the game will be amazing, I feel it in my bones.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't get all these people saying this will come out in 2015. The game is obviously nearing alpha level at this point (I think I originally calculated May based on that timetable spreadsheet a few updates ago).

Monad

Learned
Is there such a thing as a well designed UI in your world? Has there ever been one?

Hormalakh

Magister
i wonder if concentration and interrupt go hand in hand. that's actually a great idea to make your animations have an actual game mechanic incorporated as part of it. i'm glad he's taking such a close look at every fine detail. it should be fun.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Just think of how this is going to influence what comes out of Japan in about 5 years.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
they've planned for a winter 2014 releaser, per the trailer.
I think the estimate I made a while back based on that timetable spreadsheet was the alpha in May, beta in July, and release in October. Which isn't really winter, but I think what they actually meant was Q4 2014.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom