Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I wonder what voices that guy is doing, I don't think he's a professional voice actor. Maybe he's doing some monster voices?

He's blind btw. Inclusive_gaming

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Crooked Bee will have already seen all of this but eh

itz6.png

itz.png

Not surprised, around here we have a lot of animation and spell fx critics, myself included :smug:

itz3.png

itz5.png

itz2.png

and a wild badler appears...

itz4.png

Rocking the polo and baseball cap look like Adam

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
What Fergus has to do with Fallout 1 ? It's Tim Cain that created it and it's Fargo that greenlight it.

Sensuki

Arcane
We got a new developer at least, Matt McLean. And this article is actually pretty good

Yeah what about it? I do the occasional PE update for Cybergamer EU and AU every few months. I've done my original interview with Josh Sawyer and four or five other summary articles. Most of the people from CG are younger gamers in their teens and early 20s, and into competitive and casual games. My original interview got nearly 30K views though, so hopefully some of them will buy the game :)

Sensuki

Arcane
I knew Olivia Veras was a PE designer, just never had any proof (posted about it earlier in this thread). Adding to the wiki

This doesn't look like an E3 article? Looks like they visited the studio or something maybe as it doesn't even mention E3 in the article

Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
No, the sentence says "we have VFX on all of the critical path areas", and the VFX for Anslog's Compass was done like 6 weeks ago, Josh said the water was animated in the Update 77 thread, which was at the end of April.

Speculative, sure. But highly probable.
[Wild Speculation]The player character is supposed to be new to the area, so maybe the game starts with you shipwrecking onto Anslog's Compass. In the video, you can see there's part of a ruined ship there.[/Wild Speculation]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Matt wrote most of Safiya's dialogue which I enjoyed.

Utterly terrible systems designer of course.

Sensuki

Arcane
That must be their version of the BG2 health display, I'll ask on SA about it

Probably something like a Health bar over their heads from mobas etc, except incremental (Uninjured, Barely Injured, Injured, Badly Injured etc)

I had a feeling they'd do something like that, but I hope we can disable the fuck out of all of that shit.

It's just these little things that are kind of annoying. I really like the BG2 parchment mouse over.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Search fo Alpha Protocol e-mails in google image search. Then you will see samples.
True story, I knew a feminism-hating woman who dropped it immediately when she got to email with the rape joke. MacLean better watch himself, since Sawyer's no good when it comes to this subject matter himself.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Search fo Alpha Protocol e-mails in google image search. Then you will see samples.
True story, I knew a feminism-hating woman who dropped it immediately when she got to email with the rape joke. MacLean better watch himself, since Sawyer's no good when it comes to this subject matter himself.
sawyer can't help but to... write about rape.

sawyer MUST... write about rape.

no day is complete without r-... writing about rape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom