Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Murk

Arcane
They either managed to Hype those of us who fell for it just right, or are doing a very poor job of explaining their non-shit system(s).

I am hoping it is the latter, but here in fair Kodecksia, hope does not belong.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, nothing was deleted, keep posting there.

Am waiting to hear more details to piece together before I declare game shit or great, but cooldowns is one piece of news I'd consider probably-shitty.

Murk

Arcane
In the spirit of knee-jerk reactions and complete misrepresentation of what's going on:

Well, it seems with the throne of Bioware left in the hands of an unworthy successor, the estranged Uncle returns asking strange questions to his nephew, things like "What is a good casting system?" and "Do you remember the IE games?"

"No uncle, the young lad responds, I do not... tell me, could you show me how they go?"

"Why yes, young nephew, of course I can show you how to sit upon the throne, allow me to place myself there to get into the spirit of things, and allow me to regale your subjects with a tale of... Eternity."

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Yes, those two quotes from Feargus (or whoever) really change everything. I'm not going to drop my pledge but now I'm thinking this game doesn't deserve the distinction of an official Codex fundraiser.

Yeah, now i don't have to decide if i should increase my pledge or donate to codex fundraiser.

No vancian system - no more jewgold.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
*MOTHERFUCKING SIGH*

I'm tired of this fucking Obsidian KS bullshit. Honestly. Jesus christ I keep feeling like they're slowly sucking the life out of me while screaming "NO SERIOUSLY I WILL LET YOU COME IN MY MOUTH HOLD ON!!" and sorry. I just don't believe you. You fucked up. Pledge withdrawn from one of your previous staunch supporters. Y'all have a couple weeks to make me believe...but realistically I think I'd rather watch this one from the sidelines and hope for the best. Christ you guys. What a fucking mess.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
*MOTHERFUCKING SIGH*

I'm tired of this fucking Obsidian KS bullshit. Honestly. Jesus christ I keep feeling like they're slowly sucking the life out of me while screaming "NO SERIOUSLY I WILL LET YOU COME IN MY MOUTH HOLD ON!!" and sorry. I just don't believe you. You fucked up. Pledge withdrawn from one of your previous staunch supporters. Y'all have a couple weeks to make me believe...but realistically I think I'd rather watch this one from the sidelines and hope for the best. Christ you guys. What a fucking mess.

What's funny is that most of the game's critics here who did pledge, probably won't drop their pledges because of this.

Expectations are everything.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not just this. It's everything. It's the fucking retarded uninspired directionless KS videos. Its the concept art which looks worse than a 9th grader's math notebook. It's the "What the fuck is this, really?" It seriously all just sounds shit and all I've been going on is benefit of the doubt and they just shat on that. Fuck these guys, seriously. If the game ends up being decent, good or even brilliant I'll come out and admit I was wrong but I refuse to support or defend this stumbling bumblefuck any longer.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Yeah, well, at worst Fargo will be the first and last to fucking dupe me into this bullshit. He wins for not pissing me off before it was too late to take my money back and that's that. Motherfucker I feel real fucking cynical right now.

Murk

Arcane
They merged all that shit into the Vancian casting thread.

I think this is some passive-aggressive censorship -- bloat everything to the point of incomprehension so people stop posting.

What. The. Fuck.

EDIT: Aaannnnddddddd it's locked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom