Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Kz3r0

Arcane
You know, its really pathetic that once Obsidian gets to make whatever game they want, they decide to remake a BioWare game.
Obsidian gonna Obsidian.
But what's really pisses me of is that now is certain that our dream RPG will never become a reality, because the first people not interested in making it are the ones that should deliver it.
Oh well, good slamdunking Obsidian, this will be the most succesful Kickstarter in the videogame category after all.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You know, its really pathetic that once Obsidian gets to make whatever game they want, they decide to remake a BioWare game.

Project Eternity will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur’s Gate, add in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and tie it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment.

185e5_ORIG-cool_story_bro_4.jpeg

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Obsidian gonna Obsidian.
But what's really pisses me of is that now is certain that our dream RPG will never become a reality, because the first people not interested in making it are the ones that should deliver it.
Oh well, good slamdunking Obsidian, this will be the most succesful Kickstarter in the videogame category after all.
Kicktraq puts them at $3,835,409 now. A few more updates about next-gen shit and they may, against all odds, fail to beat DFA.

Gondolin

Arcane
Well, fuck it. This game has dropped to "may pirate" for me. And no, MCA's writing isn't good enough to carry a game on its own. I tried to play KotOR II because various posters praised it and I found the story simply boring.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Obsidian gonna Obsidian.
Kicktraq puts them at $3,835,409 now. A few more updates about next-gen shit and they may, against all odds, fail to beat DFA.
Kicktraq doesn't worth shit. They just make an average of the last few days donations and project it. They don't take the last rush into account. Beating DFA was never an option in my book. That project needed Tim Schafer to reach that.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Obsidian gonna Obsidian.

Wait, what? How is that *against all odds*. It literary could go either way at the moment.

They are keeping up with DA but they never really had a big lead.

Fucking morans in here.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Obsidian gonna Obsidian.
Kicktraq doesn't worth shit. They just make an average of the last few days donations and project it. They don't take the last rush into account. Beating DFA was never an option in my book. That project needed Tim Schafer to reach that.
I don't foresee much of a last days' rush for this shit, especially if they keep spewing stupid shit like they have been doing up to this point. As for not beating DFA, considering the way they were getting pledges during the first day, I don't think there were many that had much doubt about the fact that P:E will wipe the floor with DFA.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Also, am I reading this right.

You all call shit down on a comment by FEARGUS?I repeat, Feargus.

You are fully aware that this could may end up completly different or at least a different implentation? Feargus said in another comment they are using Mana Pools as well. And as I understand it the cooldowns are mainly for overpowered abilities.

Also another quote

@Andron I commented on that just a bit ago. Copying here - We are going to use a number of different systems. Some creatures will be fixed based upon where they are in the world. Some will scale and then be fixed based upon where you go in the world first. Why we do it that way is so we can have the world be non-linear in places. For instance, if you can goto three adventure areas in any order you want, we have to scale them to make sure that they all remain challenging when you get to the second and third ones.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
As for not beating DFA, considering the way they were getting pledges during the first day, I don't think there were many that had much doubt about the fact that P:E will wipe the floor with DFA.
Both of them gained pledges in a similar rate IIRC. Infinitron can show you the chart that shows that PE and DFA follows the exact same curve. So at best I suspect they make it even.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
As for not beating DFA, considering the way they were getting pledges during the first day, I don't think there were many that had much doubt about the fact that P:E will wipe the floor with DFA.

At the end of the first day they had around as many pledges as DFA (They gained pledges a little faster though, due to hyping the event up the week before). Your argument is worth shit.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well fuck this shit. Severely disappointed, and will probably go for a digital download tier unless some sort of clarification on the cooldowns and level scaling comes that shows it won't play like a shitty offline mmo.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Obsidian's game will be shit and another disappointment for retards yet again fooled by some sweet, meaningless talk, much more news at 11.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
I'm really butthurt about cooldowns, even a mana pool is beeter than that crap.

There will be some sort of resource pool as mentioned.

Also, again. Feargus. Feargus. Feargus.

Not the best source when it comes to actual design. Granted now Sawyer and or Cain will have to clarify and clean up the mess.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
@Tristan The drops system will be semi-random. What I mean by that is there will be specific loot drop lists for things and that loot with be more made loot and not randomly created items. The loot dropped is then picked from the list. Using loot lists, lets us balance the loot that is dropping in specific parts of the game and with specific encounters without having to bring up every single monster and change their specific loot. Although we can still do that for unique things.
Nice low budget Dragon Age you have going there. :smug:

right now i don't feel the need to browse through the various .2das but ain't that exactly the same as in iwd2? thought there was also an item pool for different ecounters/races. about the kool-downs.. well, we knew that they weren't excluding them. i would have preferred a vancian system but i'll wait for further details before entering rage mode.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Hahaohwow. I'm having a deja vu so strong I'm seeing my eyeballs turning inwards and looking at themselves. Or something.

It will be extra funny if the pledges do slow down and they interpret it as people not really wanting huge dungeons and crafting. Also, funny thing, crafting is one of the rare RPG-like mechanics KOTOR2 did semi-right (what with all skills influencing the items you could make and so on).

Loot tables are fine, if they work like they did in IWD1 - kill an elf ranger chick, randomly get one of the four magic elvishly rangerish items on her loot table.

But cooldowns? Really?

TIM CAIN STRONG REMOVE SAWYER

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
This game was always going to be one for storyfags. Which is good news, because I'm a storyFAG to the EXTREME :smug:

Still fucking cooldowns is dissapointing, but I'm much more interested in lore, exposition, world design and dialogue. So in the end combat can go fuck itself.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
You guys are such a bitchy fucking drama queens that it's unbelievable. One moment they are The Messiah of RPGs and after one comment they are even worse than Bioware. They haven't even decided yet what kind of magic system they are using.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You guys are such a bitchy fucking drama queens that it's unbelievable. One moment they are The Messiah of RPGs and after one comment they are even worse than Bioware. They haven't even decided yet what kind of magic system they are using.
Let me put salt on our wounds guys:
OBSIDIAN KICKSTARTER ANNOUNCED.
The dream game that the Codex always wanted was at hand, Torment' s writing, Arcanum' s character system, Fallout's multiple solutions to quests, TOEE's combat, HERE WE COME.
:yeah:

OBSIDIAN KICKSTARTER GOES LIVE
A spiritual successor to the Infinity engine games, practically Baldur' s gate III.
Oh well, still :incline:.

SEVERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS LATER
Practically it will be Dragon age III.
:hmmm:

You don't think it's fair? The "messiah" was based on shit they've said. The worse than Bioware is based on shit they've said. Seems pretty fair to me.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Nothing they said is worse then Bioware. That's just fucking retarded hyperbolic codexian bs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom