Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
I don't know about Ziets. He is awesome, but how many people outside the Codex and RPGWatch really knows him and his work?

People know Mask of the Betrayer. Which has considerable word-of-mouth (Always helpful for upping pledges). Not to mention he is an actual person that can be brought onto the project. This gives more of an incentive to donate than a nameless feature.

But isn't it funny they offer TOEE combat system to vote for, when they clearly stated numerous times they are going rtwp?

Anyway I voted: TOEE, Fatigue based system and I don't like the directions rpg's are headed in. :D Hope my vote brings some :incline:, because that's the only thing I registered for on their forums.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
It pains me to see Jimbob waste the remaining few points of his sanity on someone like Nigro.

Jimbob, mein freund, think of your health.

Let him go, we'll get another comic out of his therapy treatment
I've been helplessly building momentum since I accidentally wandered into GD, had the temerity to try to explain that rape was a bad thing, and received unanimous disagreement. I should probably stop. I am getting plenty of material for the long-awaited The Gender Scrolls: Dongguard, though!

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been helplessly building momentum since I accidentally wandered into GD, had the temerity to try to explain that rape was a bad thing, and received unanimous disagreement. I should probably stop. I am getting plenty of material for the long-awaited The Gender Scrolls: Dongguard, though!

:bounce:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Crafting was only way to get decent gear for Warriors in the middle of Drakensang 2. I like how it was made there even the hunt for coal and rare ores but I don't reason why skilled weapon and armor smith would leave adventuring in the first place. This was very :obviously: craft then... Although RP smith who uses his adventures to advertise his products and gain rare materials would be interesting. I am sick of farmers and Unlucky Nobles.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I wouldn't mind something similar to Ultima 5/6/7 kind of magic system where you have to make/mix spells from the reagents and then have mana/magic points.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It pains me to see Jimbob waste the remaining few points of his sanity on someone like Nigro.

Jimbob, mein freund, think of your health.

Let him go, we'll get another comic out of his therapy treatment
That was a pretty mild experience, all things considered.

Nigro

Educated
what's the big deal with level scaling, most of rpgs have it don't they?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Like, say, his ramblings about "rogues being redundant because of levitation and invisibility spells"
But that's true. Using a regular thief in an IE game? LOL
or how "resting is a toxic mechanic" because lul hey it's impossible to limit it properly amirite, like in say KotC and Frayed Knights that have been developed in some fucking basements by amateurs,
Never played Frayed Knights but KotC didn't fix the resting problem considering the number of people in this forum who thought it trivial thanks to caster-supremacy combined with the crafting system.

catfood

AGAIN
Obsidian has (thus far) failed to recreate DF and W2's mid-period pledge jump:

They also managed to keep interest up nicely during the entire campagin so far. Something DFA and W2 failed to do (Actually making DFA's jump near worthless in comparison). Which means their update policy worked.

Though, yes. I think if they announced modtools or Ziets this has the potential to jump quite a bit.
I guess they would get a few more pledges if they announced mod tools, but Cain said they aren't going to promise anything regarding the subject because apparently Unity is FUBAR when it comes to mod support or something. On the other hand Wasteland 2, who is using Unity as well, is going to have a construction kit, so I'm not sure what the deal about this is.

Nobody knows who George Ziets is. Hell, I only heard about him recently and I browse the Codex daily. Face it, he's a nobody in the gaming world. No. The only person who could bring in a massive amount of extra pledges would be Gayder. It's sad but true. Once you come to accept the truth for what it is it gradually starts to become easier to bear.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, well, at worst Fargo will be the first and last to fucking dupe me into this bullshit. He wins for not pissing me off before it was too late to take my money back and that's that. Motherfucker I feel real fucking cynical right now.
Don't feel bad Twinkie. It will all blow over soon, South Park will flop, OBS won't have any other projects, and as a last desperate move, after ditching 80% of workforce, it will merge with Black Isle Studios, to work on this one game, that will finally bring the final downfall of Interplay. Why else has MCA surrounded himself with Herves most passionate enemies, under the guise of working on Eternity they are working on containing the Herve once and for all. That is the real intention here. Meanwhile, enough true incline coming soon. Don't worry bro.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
And they will keep the mod tools to get the last week boost, I am sure.

they will release the screen they're still photoshopping preparing. as tim said they don't know the engine well enough to come up with promises about a toolset. there's also a nwn podcast where feargus stated that they're concentrating on the singleplayer experience. while they think about modding support, imo there won't be toolset as a stretched goal.

feargus also talks about adding a "writer" to the team, perhaps ziets? he also said that he had lunch with fallout's chris taylor.

Unity is FUBAR when it comes to mod support or something. On the other hand Wasteland 2, who is using Unity as well, is going to have a construction kit, so I'm not sure what the deal about this is.

fargo talks the talk to squeeze pledges. would be hillarious if he can't come up with a toolset because of unity and how it packages files.

jewboy

Arbiter
Maybe replacing Sawyer with Cain would give them a boost. Get Sawyer back on forum duty again and let Master Cain do what he does best--design kickass combat that is fun to play.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
On the other hand Wasteland 2, who is using Unity as well, is going to have a construction kit, so I'm not sure what the deal about this is.
Since he acts as PR guy, I think Fargo would say anything, just to make a good impression. Even if he might not be able to keep that promise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom