Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

tindrli

Arcane
maybe its a Thief IV??

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I wonder if Tim will move over to working on the combat for this, since IIRC the South Park game is winding down.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
And what would happen, if Obsidian decide to gather money from Kickstarter to create a demo and show it to EA in hopes for financing and publishing it by latter? Like the infamous hardcore tactical shooter Takedown. ;)

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm going to take this as proof that my idea that it is norse inspired is correct, mostly because I refuse to admit that I am wrong but also because the following.

Heimdallr requires less sleep than a bird, can see at night just as well as if it were day, and for over a hundred leagues
Heimdallr is attested as possessing foreknowledge, keen eyesight and hearing, is described as "the whitest of the gods", and keeps watch for the onset of Ragnarök
As for the whole word thing that some one pointed out resembled or was possibly some Celtic language, it could be set in the British isles in the Dark ages with a conflict between the native Celts and invading Saxons and Norsemen.

Heimdall 3!

Smarts

Scholar
So it is "Eternity" after all? Also: I must have had a lapse in my attention...wtf is "Eternity"?

The assumption so far has been that it's the name of the game or project.

The thought occurs to me that they might make a game... and then have a toolset included. Infinity Engine, Aurora Engine, Eternity Engine.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Or it could be that:
http://www.magpiegames.com/eternity-rpg/
"In Eternity, players take on the role of powerful, godlike beings known as The Vast. These creatures, lording over entire planets, are constrained only by their Attachments, metaphysical ties that grow stronger each time The Vast use their amazing powers. As a Vast’s Attachment to a specific concept or idea increases, she must act carefully to respect the rules of the Attachment, her hands tied by the power she wields.

Phelot

Arcane
You're an angel that have to watch over people. You then intervene in events throughout history for better majestic outcomes.

Quantum Leap: The Game. :yeah:

I want to romance Al.

I wonder if there is rule34 of Al and Sam?

kaizoku

Arcane
HOLY SHIT!

V5QSA.jpg

ITZ ITZ... beautiful

http://www.obsidian.net/project-eternity

prepare yourselves

:mhd:

:troll:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Brother None Will Gamebanshee bring an article about the game at the time of the announcement? Should I also refresh your page every 10 seconds?

made

Arcane
OMG MCA looks so excited while reading the teleprompter! Where's my wallet??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom