Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
I wish there was a 100+ dollar tier without all the silly goodies. I want all my money to go to the game and I don't care for t-shirts, patches, manuals or boxes.

You can donate any amount and choose to select no reward and just give money

asper

Arcane
On kicktraq this is trending towards 8 million!

Also:
Millennium_logo.jpg

hahahaha

Spockrock

Augur
I wonder if those pics on the Kickstarter page with the character and shit are mock-ups simulating IE games, or the models they actually want to use... I was hoping for something better looking than ToEE, but now I don't know what to think.

asper

Arcane
But.... ToEE looks magnificent!

toee_3.jpg

If we get something like this I don't see what there is to complain about graphically...

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eternity, Dark Souls and Divinity: Original Sin. Am I floating towards gaming heaven? Could it be the Jew publishers are starting to get nervous?
Probably not. Now if somebody successfully kickstarted an AAA title then they might. They might join kickstarter, that is.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eternity, Dark Souls and Divinity: Original Sin. Am I floating towards gaming heaven? Could it be the Jew publishers are starting to get nervous?
Probably not. Now if somebody successfully kickstarted an AAA title then they might. They might join buy kickstarter, that is.

Probably will. Amazon and some banks too.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
He propably wanted to say that steam is the future of gaming. Typical steamtard who can't get Gabe's cock out of his mouth.

canakin

Cipher
Is there anyone who likes RTwP combat? Real time with pause rpgs always have the worst of the both worlds. Just look at NWN2 for fucks sake, or that JA2 remake.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there anyone who like RTwP combat? Real time with pause rpgs always have the worst of the both worlds. Just look at NWN2 for fucks sake, or that JA2 remake.
I don't love it but I don't hate it either. And I am not backing this because of the combat so it is not a deal breaker for me as it is for some. Now if this will have full VO...

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
He propably wanted to say that steam is the future of gaming. Typical steamtard who can't get Gabe's cock out of his mouth.

No, but unless it gets released on GoG, there is no such a thing as a DRM free version. Why people still get angry for something like Steam that has been standard for so many years now is just silly.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
and there better will be a toolset! :obviously:

Not going to happen if they are using 2D painted backgrounds like the IE games.

why exactly? import whateverimagefileissupported and you're ready to go... btw i don't believe that they're really using 2d sheets. guess they're rewriting their renderer to support orthographic rendering and a locked camera. would be the most efficient way to create assets and handle characters/equipment.

kris

Arcane
Eternity is a good name if it will never be released.

And LOL at me pausing the feed when the map was showed, trying to look it over carefully. When the map is shown just a bit lower down the page. :balance:

And after having looked at the map. That big river they have is really wierd, a river don't really have more than one flow to the sea. their river got like five different flows down to the sea. Illogical.

canakin

Cipher
Morgoth eating shit for years doesn't make it non-shit or taste better. DRM has no benefits for the legitimate user and pretty useless for stopping pirating. People are getting angry because they are forced to login to Steam, GFWL or go through whatever hassle for no fucking reason in order to play the games they already purchased. Is it so hard to understand?

Shadenuat

Arcane
I believe that good encounter design, damage/hit points balance and item balance can substitute, if are not more important, than turn management. I am ok with RtWP as long as they do something new with encounter balance, because today RPG's tend to have more boring and mookrush encounters than 13 years old D&D fan could do with one monster manual and a sheet of paper.

I_am_Ian

Arbiter
Patron
Is there anyone who likes RTwP combat? Real time with pause rpgs always have the worst of the both worlds. Just look at NWN2 for fucks sake, or that JA2 remake.

How twitchy does RTwP combat get? I am trying to keep an open mind about it since this game could be great, but if it's just non-stop twitching I don't think I can enjoy playing.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Seems pretty obvious that this will be a game made by and for storyfags. Hopefully, the plot won't be pretentious and the combat not excessively shit. I hope the combat takes into consideration all the best aspects of BG2 combat like encounter design and the magic system.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
and there better will be a toolset! :obviously:

Not going to happen if they are using 2D painted backgrounds like the IE games.

why exactly? import whateverimagefileissupported and you're ready to go... btw i don't believe that they're really using 2d sheets. guess they're rewriting their renderer to support orthographic rendering and a locked camera. would be the most efficient way to create assets and handle characters/equipment.

Didn't they say they will be using 2D sheets in the GameBanshee interview? If they are then you would need to do the painting yourself and that seems like something that would not end well. Aren't all the current IE mods are just cut-up aretwork from the original games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom