Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck JE Sawyer is posting on something awful about how PC the characters will be.

I fucking hope MCA or someone slaps his faggot ass into shape.

Fucking multiculturalism

Newsflash: MCA is just as PC as him. We'll just have to hope they don't overdo it. I don't think they have yet, in previous games, so...

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Fuck JE Sawyer is posting on something awful about how PC the characters will be.

I fucking hope MCA or someone slaps his faggot ass into shape.

Fucking multiculturalism

Newsflash: MCA is just as PC as him. We'll just have to hope they don't overdo it. I don't think they have yet, in previous games, so...

I dunno nothing I've played of his has been too PC so far.

What about Tim Cain?

Or are they all pro murdering CIS privilege scum?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...erid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post407551559

Josh Sawyer said:
I've talked with Tim about this for a while and here's the thing: camping out in the wilderness and setting watches and getting ambushed by jackasses has a great classic A/D&D feel to it, but it got pretty silly in games like IWD2. I'd like to build in reasonable mechanics that make you rest in the wilderness, but I don't want it to result in the sort of degenerate "rest after every fight" stuff we've faced in the past.

MMXI

Arcane
http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...erid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post407551559

Josh Sawyer said:
I've talked with Tim about this for a while and here's the thing: camping out in the wilderness and setting watches and getting ambushed by jackasses has a great classic A/D&D feel to it, but it got pretty silly in games like IWD2. I'd like to build in reasonable mechanics that make you rest in the wilderness, but I don't want it to result in the sort of degenerate "rest after every fight" stuff we've faced in the past.
Simple. Add resources, diseases and perhaps even a time limit. Basically copy the system Realms of Arkania had for resting.

And after having looked at the map. That big river they have is really wierd, a river don't really have more than one flow to the sea. their river got like five different flows down to the sea. Illogical.

Well spotted and I agree. It is a nonsense map. If you were to convert that to an elevation map it most likely would not fit together. The name comes across as generic as well. Both parts point to something thrown together in a hurry. Not a good sign.

They should have a lot more to present at this point, but I think they are going to try and milk the money by turning every little bit of extra information into a major announcement for extra funds. A little bit cheap but whatever.

Other than that I hope it plays like Icewind Dale

Renegen

Arcane
I click on the Something Awful forums and besides the fucking gently caress bullshit that you have I immediately stumble on people lobbying for trannies to be in the game. For god's sake, today's consumers depress me.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I saw the countdown end at work and I was off the walls all day. Thank god my data plan was reaching its limit or I would have probably given the Incline Trinity my entire paycheck.

Comrade Goby

Magister
I click on the Something Awful forums and besides the fucking gently caress bullshit that you have I immediately stumble on people lobbying for trannies to be in the game. For god's sake, today's consumers depress me.

Yeah and Sawyer might actually listen to them.

Allah help us if he does

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Allah help us if he does

"Grandpa, where were you when Obsidian turned into BioWare?"

"I was on the Codex. We were forced to watch... they took everything from us... everything."

old-man-crying.png

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

Allah help us if he does

Sawyer listens but unless you have some fucking incredible argument to back your statement/wants it's not going to happen. He's always been that way on the IPlay boards as well on the Obsidian boards.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
He propably wanted to say that steam is the future of gaming. Typical steamtard who can't get Gabe's cock out of his mouth.

No, but unless it gets released on GoG, there is no such a thing as a DRM free version. Why people still get angry for something like Steam that has been standard for so many years now is just silly.
Tim Schafer's adventure game and Wasteland both rewarded pledgers with DRM-free versions. What was your point again?

My point being that Steam is first and foremost a delivery system, DRM second.

Do you prefer Obsidian to upload the game on some shitty mirrors instead and face a disaster like Black Mesa where you have to wait half a day till you get a working download link?

Comrade Goby

Magister

Allah help us if he does

Sawyer listens but unless you have some fucking incredible argument to back your statement/wants it's not going to happen. He's always been that way on the IPlay boards as well on the Obsidian boards.

Did you read his SA posts?

Hopefully it's just lip service to get more jewgold

Commander Xbox

Learned
yes obsidian YES, pack my games with trannies and niggers, that is the number one issue, take my money!

rule number 1 of making a good game is do not under any circumstances take advice from internet forums

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My point being that Steam is first and foremost a delivery system, DRM second.

Do you prefer Obsidian to upload the game on some shitty mirrors instead and face a disaster like Black Mesa where you have to wait half a day till you get a working download link?

I'd prefer them to use GOG, which seems to work rather well and that you seem to be constantly dismissing.

Captain Shrek

If they put in any retarded social issue that I don't like I am straight up withdrawing my money.

kris

Arcane
And after having looked at the map. That big river they have is really wierd, a river don't really have more than one flow to the sea. their river got like five different flows down to the sea. Illogical.

Well spotted and I agree. It is a nonsense map. If you were to convert that to an elevation map it most likely would not fit together. The name comes across as generic as well. Both parts point to something thrown together in a hurry. Not a good sign.

As a map lover and world creator I have more issues with it. and it would indeed be interesting to see what kind of elevation map could make the rivers like they are.

I don't mind the names to much though. The important thing is to have a history for the names. Most names sounds generic when they are written directly in a language you know and there is no history to them. I mean English places like "Newcastle" and "Liverpool" are just English words describing something about the place. As as pretty much all places and landmarks in our world.

I can name my city "Titorcerghanbum", which I am sure is a name none used before, but why was it named thus?

If they put in any retarded social issue that I don't like I am straight up withdrawing my money.

This is such a wierd statment. I mean, do you have like a list of social issue that you will accept in games, while there are others that you don't? And why would those unacceptable ones ruin the game for you?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
It seems likely, but if so I'd think they'd mention it on the KS page.

Nope. Only the hardest core even knows what Onyx is. It's not a selling point.

"Infinity Engine" is though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom