Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Roguey is the Codex's own Michael Pachter.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I'm sick and tired of this Obsidian bullshit: RTwP, kool-downs, retarted (as Volly loves to spell it) updates, stalemate and boring setting, etc. That's why I'm keeping my pledge at only $65.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Folks are upgrading their pledges now in large numbers. I see three $20 tiers up for grabs.

EDIT: Gone now. :lol: But keep your eyes peeled if you're cheap.

Maybe they un-pledged. That would be shocking, isn't it?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well this is looking like it will be the most profitable day since the first week of the kickstarter. So it's possible, but not very likely.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Were you more excited about the two stretch goals before it; crafting and enchanting, two new character classes. Cause if you were than that should defiantly tell you that the 2.6 million stretch goal was poorly thought out."

STFU dude. Don't post on my behalf FFS.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Another point I want to make is this: If you are allowing Quicksave and the like so that your player doesn't have to play through your level multiple times, well then, maybe that's saying something about your level. It should be fun to go through your level. If your game is solidly designed and fun to play about in, players will not mind repeating a level. Look at Pac-Man, it's nothing but doing the same level over and over again, but people do it. Why? Because it's fun. So no using save/load as a way of minimizing the damage your crappy game can do."

RETART DETECTED: He just comapred RPGs to Pacman. FFS. And, fuck off.

Murk

Arcane
How does one not Volourn when there is only Volourn?

Can one even?

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I wonder if the popularity of Pac-Man says something about gaming... People like to play a fat ass stuffing his face with junk all day.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm sick and tired of this Obsidian bullshit: RTwP, kool-downs, retarted (as Volly loves to spell it) updates, stalemate and boring setting, etc. That's why I'm keeping my pledge at only $65.
Well you still pledged quite a lot despite you hating the game. :) You are a rich mofo, aren't you?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
:roll: It was a joke dumbass (hating the game, not the pledge). Now go on and continue kissing Obsidian ass.

I wonder if the popularity of Pac-Man says something about gaming... People like to play a fat ass stuffing his face with junk all day.

As a guy who remembers Pacman at arcades, it was a fine predictor of the rave scene generation - as though we'd all been taught in our formative years to run about in the dark, listening to repetitive synthetic music, constantly eating pills.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1pDug.png

WE HAVE LIFTOFF

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Are there any aspects of the user interface of PE that will be *fundamentally* different/improved compared to the Infinity Engine games? Or will it use pretty much the same UI concept?

This is something Tim and I have been talking about lately since the UIs in the IE games and Temple of Elemental Evil were fairly different. ToEE's interface was very flexible and scaled to virtually any resolution, both of which are great attributes. The IE games' UIs did a good job of setting a mood/tone because they felt like they were "constructed" of material instead of being utilitarian UIs.

Things I want to make sure our UI accomplishes:

* Is flexible across all of our classes/party compositions and handles new additions easily.
* Retains a high level of consistency from character to character.
* Is fast to use/reinforces muscle memory (this can be tricky when flexibility is also a goal).
* Visually complements the aesthetics of the setting.
* Scales well across all of our supported resolutions.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
If theya re gonna steal stuff from TOEE's UI; I have one anger issue they better fix: make sure that any radial menu they use doesn't go right off the fukkin' monitor. FFS This is why NWN radial menu will allways trump TOEE's radial menu even though TOEE's UI was pretty solid but that fukkin' pissed me fukkin' off.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Can't remember exactly, but did TOEE's interface actually scale? I remember it got smaller the higher the resolution.

And fuck radial menus. They are retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom