Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Hobo Elf

Arcane
George Ziets, Paladins (and not the mediocre healer, mediocre tank variety either thank fuck) and non-musical Bards. P. good update. Very close to upping my pledge.

Now shit's about to get real :dance: , 2.8 is already so close (including PP).
Will having 11 classes be hard to balance?

Deleted member 7219

George Ziets did excellent work on MotB. I'm just glad to see he's getting involved in another RPG, let alone an Obsidian one.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
George Ziets, Paladins (and not the mediocre healer, mediocre tank variety either thank fuck) and non-musical Bards. P. good update. Very close to upping my pledge.

If what they mean by "stringing together magical effects for prolonged periods" means something along the lines of "prepare spell-chains in advance and unleash them" that could lead to seriously interesting gameplay as you attempt to anticipate the needs of the coming encounter and shit goes badly when you chain 3x Ice Blast against the White Dragon diving at you!

Would be cool to see something like that.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Now shit's about to get real :dance: , 2.8 is already so close (including PP).

No, because they don't have to be equal in a 1v1 scenario. They will be balanced in a party, not individually. And that's the way it should be.

Agree. The term "balanced" is hugely overrated in single-player games. It's already used in the wrong manner in gaming in general, but classes definetely do not need "tight balancing" in a single-player RPG.

And I'm a system-fag.

The mayans are going to be right, aren't they? :(
:lol:
If this shit slips right at the end - Wasteland 2, Chaos Chronicles, Project Eternity - if it all fucks up and this, our last shot at glory, is ruined, I will... I willl... fuck man, I'm gonna...
I'm gonna go rage really hard on the Codex, man. Really hard! :x

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Good news!
:incline:

Jaesun fucking called it with his gay man senses. He must have developed a sixth sense by consuming healthy organic vegetables from the Broadway Farmer's Market in Seattle.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
4530cf6cc4ba959a78c9e4d6de321f7d_large.jpg

Also this should made into an emote. :ziets:

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
I have a feeling they won't use him as a stretch goal, he's not well known enough for that imho. I think they'll just annouce him as an added bonus.
Guess I was wrong.M:

Biodrone said:
New update. 2.7 million brings the Paladin and Chanter classes. 2.8 million brings George Ziets in as a writer. Couldn't care less about the additional writer, but I really hope that it hits the 2.7 million mark (the paladin class sounds awesome!)

:what:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Need to get a Ziets bobblehead ready in anticipation. If I like the screenshot on Thursday I'm probably gonna be a
race_title.png

Hobo Elf

Arcane

No, because they don't have to be equal in a 1v1 scenario. They will be balanced in a party, not individually. And that's the way it should be.

Agree. The term "balanced" is hugely overrated in single-player games. It's already used in the wrong manner in gaming in general, but classes definetely do not need "tight balancing" in a single-player RPG.

And I'm a system-fag.

It's this new breed of MMOfags, I tell ya. They are all obsessed with being able to beat any 1v1 PvP scenario against anyone with any class. This has lead them to believe that every class should be equal in every way, aka tanky support dps.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
To be honest, I'm easily more excited because of two new classes than I am because of Ziets :oops:

(though I think the Chanter sounds more interesting and unique than the Paladin)

Those Bio-drones... :retarded: What's next, they want rainbow spells and abilities to match Diablo 3? :decline: They do not understand that a quality writer is an important quality. I guess people love their Super mario and their Halo/Madden 2xxx :patriot:

Fryjar

Augur
I'm curious to see what their next stretch goals are, I feel like with about a week left in the campaign if they added something truly epic (nay, MAJESTIC) at 3 million it could get more money then these somewhat tepid $100,000 stretch goals.

Announcing Jason Manley as a stretch goal for 3 million and showing just one of his painted portraits from Icewind Dale would quadruple the funding speed.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
If modern RPGs were as good in their genres as Super Mario World was in its own we wouldn't need to decry them constantly on RPG Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom