Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

piydek

Cipher
perhaps the dungeon is built around an ancient statue? there's also something around the head's neck which looks like slave collar.
It does not looked built around. THAT would be okay. It is built ON. o_O

It's built around and then further on...it's all parts of the same complex. Like I've said, the only thing weird is that the way it's shown, the structure couldn't functionally integrate the statue, whatever its function may have been.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
perhaps the dungeon is built around an ancient statue? there's also something around the head's neck which looks like slave collar.
It does not looked built around. THAT would be okay. It is built ON. o_O

I haz all answerz:

A giant-wizard miscast Teleport and materialized in dungeon walls and ceilings, after which he got petrified by wild magic.

I iz genius.

piydek

Cipher
Probably we should consult an architect :P.

And also, actions of whoever made that dungeon were probably that of digging, not building upwards. Then they may have stumbled upon the remnant of that statue. That would also suggest that the structure of those underground dungeons is really very new relatively to the statue being very old.

Captain Shrek

And also, actions of whoever made that dungeon were probably that of digging, not building upwards. Then they may have stumbled upon the remnant of that statue. That would also suggest that the structure of those underground dungeons is really very new relatively to the statue being very old.
WHich is worse and why?

THey dug UNDER the foundation of a multilevel-ed roof????

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the hell are you guys looking at?

ff0ea1073829dba00c67451cd9b1fca6_large.jpg

Not very transcendental, I'm afraid.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
They just put it in there so that people donate to see what the whole thing is about. Duh.

piydek

Cipher

WHich is worse and why?

THey dug UNDER the foundation of a multilevel-ed roof????

Why not? A crazed mage hungry for power, living in the above-ground castle discovers a possibility of ancient whatever of power being somewhere under him and decides to go for it. Many possible solutions to why it's that way. Are you worried about the structural safety of the building or what?

They just put it in there so that people donate to see what the whole thing is about. Duh.

Of course that's one of the main reasons. But it isn't "dumb", like it was suggested.

grotsnik

Arcane
I played a little NWN2 the other day again...

I know where he's coming from - the magical backstory-unlocking dialogue options from NWN2 that end up being placed in the dialogue tree as replies to questions the PC should really only have to ask once, i.e.;

"So why did you choose to come along with me?"
"Oh, I've always loved the idea of adventuring. Ever since I grew up in Turdwood Castle."
"Tell me about your childhood in Turdwood Castle."
(Influence: Failure) "Perhaps later."

"So why did you choose to come along with me?"
"Oh, I've always loved the idea of adventuring. Ever since I grew up in Turdwood Castle."
"Tell me about your childhood in Turdwood Castle."
(Influence: Success) "My foster father cooked and ate both my legs. Now that I've got that off my chest, I find you very attractive."

There's no real reason, other than it taking a little longer to set up, why the second question shouldn't appear as a root dialogue option the next time the player talks to the party member, instead of just sticking the first question on an infinite loop so that the player doesn't get locked out and making them go through the dialogue again and again until they get it right. I think it was Khelgar in NWN2 who had the question 'Who are you?' at the top of his conversation tree for a couple of acts. It's just weedy design.

Also, the discussion on how deviant sexuality results in storytelling that doesn't count as proper art because it doesn't adhere to the divine archetypes, meaning that you might think that, say, Lolita or Death In Venice or much of Tennessee Williams or possibly all 1-126 of Shakespeare's sonnets (126 onwards are fine, though, cos they've got a girl in them, so they're transcendent) were works of art but you're objectively wrong, they're not proper transcendent art, because you see the worth of art is judged on how strictly it adheres to a set of eternal universal principles and if you feel otherwise you've been brainwashed by the onwards march of liberal decadence that is somehow able to subvert and suppress said universal eternal principles to the point that these works can be considered great art by the majority of humanity - that was really fucking fascinating I mean Jesus Christ.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Those are levels of a dungeon, they are not a structure. Of course its anyone's guess how a giant statue managed to get interred half a mile under ground. My best guess would be a sub-subterranean ancient city.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone else who doesn't want the megadungeon? I just know it's gonna be full of either trash mobs or hp bloated "challenge".

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone else who doesn't want the megadungeon? I just know it's gonna be full of either trash mobs or hp bloated "challenge".
Yes, you are alone. ( I hope so. ) Have a little confidence in the devs. We could discard the whole game on this basis, since it might be shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Oh, ye of little faith. If Bioware could make not one but two proper dungeons, then so can Obsidian.

Frusciante

Cipher
Feargus stated that the art for the megadungeon is just for fun. Allthough he did say that he liked the direction it was going and that they might built on it for the real thing.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

Captain Shrek

Actually the dungeon is ONLY for those who want to enjoy Hack and slash. As far as I understand it will be optional and I like that. I hope it will not disturb the balance in the game (it might).

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Actually the dungeon is ONLY for those who want to enjoy Hack and slash. As far as I understand it will be optional and I like that. I hope it will not disturb the balance in the game (it might).

:retarded:
was Durlag's Tower or Watcher's Keep "only for hack'n'slash"?

oh wait, you're answering to masterdumb. carry on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom