Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
lol banned from forums for not being PC and feminist.

Game is doomed

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/59939-a-suggestion-for-the-romances-youre-considering-if-any/

Don't end the romantic relationship's development when you first have sex.

I hope that wasn't even what they were planning as far as any potential romantic relationships are concerned..., but I wanted to just go ahead and say this to get it out of the way.

I'm not trying to diminish how awesome sex is, or suggesting that all relationships need to have a deep emotional attachment (sometimes it's just bang-buddies, and that's ok) - but I'm tired of video games portraying sex as the final goal when it comes to romance.

Make it a stepping stone or a stumbling block, a scandal or a salve, so long as it isn't the finish line.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Well, fuck yeah, take cues from Bioware. Have a baby. Or to be politically correct adopt a baby. Have fights about money. Put money aside to send your kid to school. Fuck, the gaming possibilities are endless. I'd make millions if I were to make an RPG. :bounce:

Executer

Phrenologist

Well, fuck yeah, take cues from Bioware. Have a baby. Or to be politically correct adopt a baby. Have fights about money. Put money aside to send your kid to school. Fuck, the gaming possibilities are endless. I'd make millions if I were to make an RPG. :bounce:

Don't forget in game houses and kids... there's that sinking feeling again.

Data4

Arcane

To be truly Biowarian, the player and NPC "partner" must be transgendered. The offspring will have 2 heads. a cock, cunt, and a completely made up implement of carnal pleasure, and then someone needs to make a signature banner detailing how much they want to fuck said offspring.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tigranes No offense but the style of moderation you guys have on this forum kind of sucks. Nobody's making any effort to merge threads that ask for the same or related things, or otherwise regulate the flow of discussion. This is not a good approach for a forum meant to stimulate relevant discussion on a hot new game.

Brother None can tell you how he ran a tight ship for Wasteland 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stretch goals: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/309364

We are excited to announce the stretch goals for Project Eternity!
1.1 million, Base Goal – Achieved!
Base game includes three races, five classes, and five companions. We have ideas for these, but we want to hear your opinions on what you'd like to see. Stay tuned to Kickstarter, our website, and our forums to join in on the conversation.
1.4 million, New Playable Race, Class, and Companion!
Expands your options for character creation and adds a companion of the new class.
1.6 million, a Mac Version of Project Eternity and The Story Grows!
We've listened and we’ll make a Mac version of the game at this tier. We're also going to add a new major storyline along with new quests, locations, NPCs, and unique loot (special histories everyone?).
1.8 million, New Playable Race, Class, and Companion!
The options grow for your main character and the roster of your motley crew expands with the addition of a new companion from the selected class.
2.0 million, Player House!
Get your own house in the game that you can customize, store equipment in, and where your companions hang out, or, as the elves say, "chillax".
2.2 million, a new Region, a new Faction and another new Companion! And, dare we say it... ? LINUX!
Great news, everyone! For the Tarball Knights of Gzippia out there, we'll be adding Linux support!
Also, the world of Project Eternity grows in a major way with the inclusion of a whole new faction and the territory it holds. This adds new NPCs, quests, magic items, and hours of gameplay. And yes, you got it, another companion.
We've been listening to your feedback, and have the following announcements:
  • DRM Free: We are looking into it! Please check back for updates.
  • Digital Only Tiers are coming!
  • PayPal is coming asap. Please be patient!
  • New $5k Tier. We are looking into a new $5k tier since it sold out so quickly! We are looking into equivalent alternatives.
Thank you fans!
Obsidian

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'll be doing my part and offering my sufficiently monocled opinion on things. I was actually joking about making another one of these threads yesterday, heh...

Comrade Goby

Magister
lol banned from forums for not being PC and feminist.

Game is doomed
Link? I want to observe and explain to you why you're a useless ignorant cumstain.

The post got deleted but it was about how women warriors are not equal to male ones because some feminist was arguing about that and some people replied how that was absurd.

And it's a big thread where people are arguing back and forth between men vs. women.

My bad I don't accept Jewish multiculturalism

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
We can be pretty sure that all of these will be reached. The real stretch begins at 3 million.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
I donated so they would make the game they want to make. I don't need stretch goals that will promise more companions and a livable house. Just make the game you were going to make.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
You guys are taking the "stretch goals" way too literally. The game doesn't have a design yet. It's not like they have a solid plan and they're modifying it based on how much money they get. It's just a way to keep that money counter rising.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Each stretch goal should be titled "Bigger and better" and just say "we will make the game bigger and better"

Eternity: Hearthfire for 2 mil tier? :lol:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
DRM Free: We are looking into it! Please check back for updates.

This is pretty rude as well.
If we fund it, we should decide whether it should have DRM or not.
It's not their money to protect.
Edit: Whoops, wrong thread.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Brother None can tell you how he ran a tight ship for Wasteland 2.

Yes, I started by banning everyone from the Codex. Haha!

That said, I gotta say that to me, merging/directing/locking threads to keep topics focused is pretty important. Otherwise it's just loud noises that no one can really keep track of.

If we fund it, we should decide whether it should be DRM or not.
It's not their money to protect.

It's not our money either. This isn't equity funding, nobody becomes an owner or producer of the game. You donate, and then it's up to them to decide what to do with the money. With promises as vague as theirs are, it's all based on trust.

They're certainly not obliged to go DRM-free. I think people underestimate how scary piracy is, even moreso for a project like this. Piracy pretty much killed Arcanum, IIRC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom