Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've seen suicidebunny in the game, under the same name. Not often though. Most people use their Codex handles there it seems, apart from me and Jarpie

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Which I found very confusing at the start. Why wouldn't you use your Codex handle in the first place? I mean, you're not exactly Bryce or nomask.

Yes, I've never seen him before. How do we know he's not a FOUL SHAPESHIFTER?
Ahem, the correct term is qa'meH quv.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Because Patriarch is what I always use. Couldn't use it to register on the dex originally since it said the name was unavailable so I had to come up with something different.

Coincidentally Zarniwoop was also taken in STO...

BTW Who is squeetrek?

Vaarna_Aarne

Shipyard 2 finished today bros. We're now working doing the last stretch to Tier 3 Starbase, leveling Engineering and then upgrading the Industrial Fagricator.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Sorry for not being around in last two weeks or so but gotten a bit burned out on STO, probably gonna play again on weekend or next week.

Vaarna_Aarne

I drop by every evening to see if any bros are active, and to update my Fed alts daily Officer Reports and quiz (+ Valkar's doffs). Been awfully quiet for the past few days.

Norfleet

Ahem, the correct term is qa'meH quv.
That covers only a specific brand of FOUL SHAPESHIFTER. Trek is full of DIFFERENT kinds of foul shapeshifter.

I drop by every evening to see if any bros are active, and to update my Fed alts daily Officer Reports and quiz (+ Valkar's doffs). Been awfully quiet for the past few days.
Yeah, it's pretty much just me and the wife now. Occasionally a wild Drakron was seen.

Also, someone stock more cash in the Fleet Treasuries so I can use my Ferrengi to acquire the commodities we need cheaply like a cheap spaceJew. Ferrengi get 20% off on top of the 50% off for buying from the right vendors.

Subject37

Educated
I've been logging in pretty much every day, but I've mostly been focusing on knocking out the episode missions. Just about finished with the Cardassian arc. I'm always up for some STF or Fleet action if anyone wants to link up, though. This morning I was online doing some doff work for the starbase. I'll load some EC into the fleet reserves for you, Norfleet.

Vaarna_Aarne

Okay, I'll put cash in the Fleet Bank today as well.

Also Subject, do you have our private chat channel on?

Norfleet

Y'know, Vaarna, after randomly stalking your postings here and recalling previous conversations, I noticed that I thought *I* hated the "Old Boys Club" effect you rant about in other threads, but you, you're like a rabid dog about it.

Norfleet

Some of it. I'm going cruising through space scarfing up the commodities we need for the bases, using the discount vendors + Ferrengi Spacejew Discount. The savings get sizeable when you're loading up on the stuff by the metric assload. Then I was interrupted by the need to do an event. I'll get back on that shortly.

Also, I accidentally ejected myself from the chat, and now can't back in, so I need an invite.

Norfleet

So, in keeping with my "Updates Are Bad" vew, the latest patch nerfs Engineers. Any build involving kit-swapping in the field is now so much worthless trash.

Vaarna_Aarne

I wouldn't say it's much of a nerf, since kit-swapping turrets was pretty silly to begin with.

I thought you'd be more concerned with the KDF tutorial enforcement in the patch.

Vaarna_Aarne

I think they said next month at some point, this is the one that's supposed to tweak STFs and maybe have new story content (the Romulan colony they've showcased in their concept art blogs).

Edwin

Scholar
reusing old lockboxes is gay as fuck, very disappointing, any idea when season 7 lands?

lockboxes are so gay that I resubbed to WoW

the truth is that a monthly sub is a lot cheaper than F2P(I am happy owner of 130-140 mounts,so I know what 0,5-1% drop chance means)

Norfleet

reusing old lockboxes is gay as fuck, very disappointing, any idea when season 7 lands?
I don't see anything wrong with reusing old lockboxes. At least then that content will be available and prices on the exchange will fall, since they have go back to pretending that you can actually get something from them.

As for season 7, meh. After the decline from THIS patch, I am in NO hurry to see more things ruined. Entropy always increases. Change accelerate the process of entropic increase, therefore, CHANGE IS BAD.

the truth is that a monthly sub is a lot cheaper than F2P(I am happy owner of 130-140 mounts,so I know what 0,5-1% drop chance means)
Dude, you're not supposed to actually open those, they're a scam. There's absolutely no way to independently verify that they are not simply rigged to give you whatever the fuck the devs feel like giving you (read: nothing), except to their chosen shills. The total lack of transparency in the process is a clear front for blatant corruption. Don't fall for it.

And World of Warcrap? Cheap? World of Warcrap is what, a hundred bucks a year? This is nowhere close. You MIGHT get gold once or twice on a blue moon for $15 of funny money. Not even real money, unless you enjoy giving your personal financial details out to shady operators on the Internet. After that? VE HAFF VAYS. I myself have accumulated over 9000 Zen and paid jack all for it. And I just got here.

Multi-headed Cow

In some F2P games maybe, but in STO I was able to play probably 100+ hours and reach max level and do the equivalent of raids without spending a dime. It does F2P well, the game's entirely viable free and MOST paid items are convenience/cosmetic, and the actual useful things (End game ships and such) aren't ridiculously overpowered compared to the freebies available. They're better/have advantages but they're not be-all end-all.

I also don't have crazy amounts of CP like Norfleet. Most I scrounged up was like... 600 total? 1000? Maybe? I think probably 600 since I bought the 2 slot character expansion and have enough for an original series Enterprise, which I haven't bought 'cause it wouldn't be viable end game so even though I want it I resist. Probably just do something silly like get mirror universe uniforms or something dumb like that.

Vaarna_Aarne

Achtung! We just had a little talk between me, Norfleet and helpie/Jarpie, and we decided that should the price tag on the Exchange become suitable (100 mil or less)... We will have a Fleet fundraiser to get our resident Cardie Bastard fizzelopeguss a Galor cruiser!

Multi-headed Cow

Achtung! We just had a little talk between me, Norfleet and helpie/Jarpie, and we decided that should the price tag on the Exchange become suitable (100 mil or less)... We will have a Fleet fundraiser to get our resident Cardie Bastard fizzelopeguss a Galor cruiser!
I'd chip in a couple million. Don't have lods of emone to throw around (Pretty sure I don't even have 15 million between my two characters) but what the hell. If it's happening yell at me and I'll pass some money to whoever's gonna be pooling the dosh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom