Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official unofficial RPGCODEX 2021 GOTY thread. PARTICIPATE NOW! HOOKERS! BLACKJACK! VOTING!

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
In case more context is ever needed: Mr. Rootman released KotC2 to backers only in something like August of 2021.
Date on my KotC2_FullVersion_1_00.exe is July 2020.

Game is more than 2 years old at this point.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
masterpieces:
kotc2
troubleshooter

good games:
Wizardry: The Five Ordeals
The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante
Trudogrard

rest were shit

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
troubleshooter
Agree, but 2020. And yes, troubleshooter was Goty 2020, easily.
The devs beg to apologize that Troubleshooter wasn't made in 2021. They are working very hard on a quantum release schedule that will release Troubleshooter in every year and are very sorry it isn't here yet, but they live in a single apartment with bunk beds and COVID restrictions have made it difficult not to trip over eachother.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
As much as I'd love to vote for KotC2, the game was originally released to backers in July 2020. That's when the rage-induced binge took place. This is the timestamp of the mail I got when the game released:

hf.png

That said, my votes go to:
Solasta: Crown of the Magister
Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition (if complete editions AND weeb action rpgs are ok)

If rusty decides to still consider KotC2 a 2021 game for some reason, I'm voting for that too.

Modron

Arcane
First made available in 2020 as NJClaw demonstrated above and left early access in 2022 on steam.

Codex Year of the Donut
First made available in 2020 as NJClaw demonstrated above and left early access in 2022 on steam.
Why are so many people saying 2021 then?
Could be the date it first hit Steam In early access. It was originally Kickstarter backers only direct from his site.
Next year I'll make sure to require that the game be fully released, not a beta/early access version, to prevent it from happening again.
:updatedmytxt:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy fuck, I just realized Vagrus was technically released in 2021. Major vote for that, and I'm shocked it's not better recognized on the Codex. Massive game that is an improvement to the Sunless Sea (good game in its own right) formula, with a great setting and lore.

EDIT: Lmfao, it's already 12 in EST. Add my vote you bastard, make this the last one allowed. rusty_shackleford

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Why are so many people saying 2021 then?
Could be the date it first hit Steam In early access. It was originally Kickstarter backers only direct from his site.
The game had no early access on Steam and first appeared there in 2022.

So many people are saying 2021 because covid fucked our perception of time and our memories of the summers of 2020 and 2021 are colliding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom