Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout Original Fallout Trilogy receives Bethesda update on Steam!

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Splash screen before launching the game:

[​IMG]

No, they did NOT remove "Brian Fargo Presents" or the Interplay logo.

Here's what the readme says:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    ^ Top  
  2. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    :argh:

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Sduibek this is relevant to your interests

Here's Fallout 2:

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler

FALLOUT 2

Readme File - Updated June 2014

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. About this release

2. Enabling high resolutions

3. Cloud Saving with Steam

4. Manual

5. Copyright information

6. License

ABOUT THIS RELEASE

This Bethesda Softworks release of Fallout 2 contains the original Interplay 1.02 version of the game. This release has been pre-patched with sfall version 2.19a and the Fallout 2 high resolution patch version 4.1.8.

ENABLING HIGH RESOLUTIONS

Because we recognize that many of you may not want to use the high-resolutions enabled by this patch, you may choose to play the game in its original form by selecting “Play Classic Version” when launching from Steam.

To increase the resolution:

From the title screen, click on “Options”:

Then in the top part of the options screen, click the button labeled “screen settings”:

From here you can choose any resolution supported by your computer’s video card, or even a custom resolution if you like.

For more information on video options enabled by the High Resolution patch, refer to the f2_res_README.rtf included in your Fallout 2 installation directory.

CLOUD SAVING WITH STEAM

As part of this re-release of the game, we have enabled Cloud Synchronization through Steam. Save games created by Fallout 2 will automatically be uploaded to Steam’s servers when you exit. Logging in with your Steam account on another machine will sync those save games automatically.

There are some quirks to this system, however. Fallout 2 saves games within the install directory. This means that multiple Steam logins on the same PC will access the same save files. If you need to back up your save games, you can find them in your [installdir]\DATA\SAVEGAME\ directory.

If you need to disable Cloud Synchronization, open the Steam client and right click on the game in your library. Select “Properties” and then click the “Updates” tab. Un-check the “Enable Cloud Synchronization” box on the bottom of this tab.

To re-enable it, just click the check box again.

MANUAL

A PDF version of the original Fallout 2 manual is contained in the Manual directory of your installation.

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

©2014 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. Bethesda, Bethesda Softworks, ZeniMax and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Fallout and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Bethesda Softworks LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and logos belong to their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.

and Fallout Tactics (whose splash screen is titled "Fallout 2" also, oops):

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler

FALLOUT TACTICS: Brotherhood of Steel

Readme File - Updated June 2014

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. About this release

2. Cloud Saving with Steam

3. Manual

4. Copyright information

5. License

ABOUT THIS RELEASE

This Bethesda Softworks release of Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel is identical to Interplay's 1.27 release of the game.

CLOUD SAVING WITH STEAM

As part of this re-release of the game, we have enabled Cloud Synchronization through Steam. Save games created by Fallout Tactics will automatically be uploaded to Steam’s servers when you exit. Logging in with your Steam account on another machine will sync those save games automatically.

There are some quirks to this system, however. Fallout Tactics saves games within the install directory. This means that multiple Steam logins on the same PC will access the same save files. If you need to back up your save games, you can find them in your [installdir]\CORE\USER\ directory.

If you need to disable Cloud Synchronization, open the Steam client and right click on the game in your library. Select “Properties” and then click the “Updates” tab. Un-check the “Enable Cloud Synchronization” box on the bottom of this tab.

To re-enable it, just click the check box again.

MANUAL

A PDF version of the original Fallout Tactics manual is contained in the Manual directory of your installation.

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

©2014 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. Bethesda, Bethesda Softworks, ZeniMax and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Fallout and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Bethesda Softworks LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and logos belong to their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.

^ Top  
  4. Sodafish Arcane

Sodafish
    :infinitepowahoftehcloud:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    The rape has reached the final stage and the butt is bleeding abundantly.

Once standing proud now bowing to the barbarians. The fates are merciless.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  6. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    And thus history is rewritten.

• Brofist Brofist x 30
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    These do actually seem to be better than the Herve editions, though. No Killap patch theft.

They should have included Mash's hi-res patch for FO:T also, though.

^ Top  
  8. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    I actually don't mind this at all. Sometimes getting the older games to work can be a monumental pain in the ass. If there is a painless way to play them without having to fuck around with DOSBox or creating custom resolutions or not having to deal with stupid bugs (for example, getting them to work when you have a dual monitor setup) then I say go for it. This isn't a reason for me to buy them all over again, but I can see the appeal for people who want to play them and don't want to fuck around with downloading and installing texture packs and workarounds.

^ Top  
  9. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    This image by Andross fits perfectly:

[​IMG]

You know what I meant I think.

• Brofist Brofist x 25
    ^ Top  
  10. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    Also lol @ that pic.

^ Top  
  11. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    history is written by the victors

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    The rape is already done, this is merely bethesda wiping its dick with Fallout's torn-off clothes after finishing.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  13. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Umm, they were already working and on steam and gog. Bethesda took them down until they made their changes.

^ Top  
  14. Paul_cz Arcane

Paul_cz
    At least they are available again. Hopefully they will appear on GOG too. And including high-res patch is cool.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    They're actually NOT available yet as far as I can tell from people who don't own them on Steam. But this is a sign they will be re-released on Steam again very soon. Perhaps tomorrow, for the sale.

^ Top  
  16. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Fixed.

Oh and they also changed the main menu font and buttons because lol
    Plus no more shift+credits either I guess because lolol

You know what, fujck this shit the answer lies at the bottom of the bottle

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Durwyn Prophet

Durwyn
    I'm not even butthurt anymore. Time moves on, there are other franchises to look forward to and I still can cherish the old FO (unless they'll decide to go full derp and do "true" HD remakes) plus whatever Obsidian spits out in collaboration with Bethesda.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    They did? Let me repeat that the image in the OP is not the main menu of the game - it's a splash screen that you see before launching the game.

I'm seeing a main menu that's identical to this: http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/fallout/screenshots/gameShotId,324784/

^ Top  
  19. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    What do you mean, "they were already working"? I have the GoG versions and I had to do quite a bit of post-installation bullshitting to get them to run. I was downloading resolution packs and whatnot. And I still had issues getting it to run on a dual screen setup, since apparently two monitors was fucking up the resolution.

I didn't download them off steam, but I suspect the same thing was true -- I would have had to go hunting for XYZ and started installing shit to get the best experience. Am I wrong?

^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Well, that was quick: http://www.bethblog.com/2014/06/18/fallout-classics-return-to-steam/

^ Top  
  21. Darth Slaughter Arcane Patron

Darth Slaughter
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Hmmm, they are available for me to buy on steam already.

Oh, and I believe gog won't have them so soon.

^ Top  
  22. St Antony of Padua Savant

St Antony of Padua
    I wonder if Chris Avellone, the most feared bounty hunter, becomes Todd Howard in the new Steam edition. I'm sure he has a bucket on his head to boot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    I don't get the big deal, it's not like they've rewritten the credits just the copyright/license information. And, yes, Bethesda owns the franchise. Steam Cloud is kind of funny since even New Vegas doesn't use it.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  24. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Is this shipped with sfall?

^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Fallout 2 seems to include it, yeah.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.