Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Outward - open world RPG where you are an ordinary adventurer and survival is harsh

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
In game you can get quite a few speedups, and if you activate console commands, can just change your movement speed directly through that with a press of a button instead of using cheat engine.

How do you put a positive smiley at the bottom of somebody else's post? Like "informative"?
Live on the codex for at least a year or bribe a mod.

Murk

Arcane
Looks like the DLC incorporated soft fast-travel via the Caravanners. They can take you to the city of that area -- which in hindsight seems like something they planned before since they often spawn near the 'map entry' zones of each area.

The new zone looks pretty promising, and looks more dense (judging from the map) which is great.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
DLC is out now. Who's getting it? Can't play it for a while but I'll be getting it as soon as I can. I'm ready to punch shit

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
This game seems interesting. Is playable with a keyboard?
Yeah. I prefer controller but I played it through the first time and keyboard is good. All the specials abilities will be on the numbers at the top which I found annoying to reach for sometimes but it's not a huge deal. All in all keyboard works and isn't going to limit your playthrough or enjoyment in any way

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I thought about buying this and the add-on... not really sure....
I would recommend it. There is no couch co op game like this one out there and even as a single player game it's fun. Better than most of the triple A games. I especially liked the unique dungeons. Some of them will get you lost or confused, they all have unique encounters and none of them are the generic copy paste cave hallway you'll find in some other games. Even the way they play with darkness can make dungeons more exciting, because you can't see everything around the next corner and you get a little turned around. There aren't puzzles in them so don't expect that going in, they're just fun places to use the combat in but they're pretty well made. That was my favorite part of the game

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Second DLC:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/372715/NEW_OUTWARD_DLC__The_Three_Brothers.php

Munich, Germany – October 28, 2020 - Deep Silver and Nine Dots Studio are excited to announce the second DLC for their uncompromising RPG Outward, “The Three Brothers”

The gates are opening and the path leads to “Caldera”, an entirely new region in the world of Aurai which is full of new adventures, dangers and secrets to explore!

Play an important role in the timeline of Aurai and join the rebuilding efforts of old Sirocco refugee camp by providing the pitiable folks there a new place to call home, a new Sirocco. Filled with new quests, skills, weapons, recipes and pets, “The Three Brothers” DLC promises a raft of fresh content for the intrepid adventurer.

Check-out below for a few of the new features, more to follow soon:
  • City Building Mechanic: Rebuilding Sirocco

Create your own landmark in Aurai by helping the population to survive in this ruthless world! With the new City Building mechanic, you are part of rebuilding the Refugee Camp into New Sirocco.

• New Area: Caldera

Aurai is expanding and Caldera is more than just a new landscape. New dungeons, quests and locations make it a treasure trove for every adventurer! 

• New Skills, Weapons and many more
One new skill tree, Grenades and numerous possibilities to enchant your weapons, give you the tools to be more creative when it comes to the fight for survival! Forge your own unique combat style!

Relight your lantern and prepare to hit the road once again this December, 2020!

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Also does this game have any sort of magic combat?

Yes it does. You need to sacrifice stamina and health in order to get mana and can't start off with it though. It can be strong once you buy your skills but in the beginning, you'll have to use weapons to help out your magic.

Does that guy not risk getting in trouble for admitting he pirated it on video broadcast to the world?!

Do companies still try to sue people in order to scare them away from piracy anymore? I remember back in the day people would always talk about big lawsuits for pirating movies but I never hear about that stuff anymore. I think companies have accepted that it happens and just try to mitigate it with denuvo for the first year of release since that's when they make most of their sales.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Shit thing about pirating some games is they might be updated and you can't update a pirated game (i don't think). I have dl'd abandonware and some say that's pirating, i dunno. I've tried sone games and later bought them. Perhaps its best to just watch playthroughs. And that dude is kinda weird but entertaining i suppose.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I didn't like the Soroboreans DLC. First of all, when I travelled there and travelled back my character's Jade Lich robes disappeared. Inexcusable. I built my character to use that robe. Secondly, most of the new enemies appear to be reskins. Third, and this is what killed it for me, it's obviously not even close to complete. I made a character to do a run on the DLC and when I get there and join the faction it tells me to take time to explore before starting the MQ. So I walk around looking for a dungeon... and looking, and looking. My character was a geared up archer so none of the enemies were any threat. I just walked around lazily shooting golems and shit and going up to doors to nothing. The whole new area just feels empty and half finished. Total disappointment. By this time I was already pretty over the game having done something like 7 or 8 runs of the base game so I just stopped playing without even starting the DLC questline properly. Fuck it man. I'll probably go back to it one day.

I would suggest playing the base game but not getting the Soroboreans until it starts coming bundled with the base game for cheap. It's not worth the price RN.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I didn't like the Soroboreans DLC. First of all, when I travelled there and travelled back my character's Jade Lich robes disappeared. Inexcusable. I built my character to use that robe. Secondly, most of the new enemies appear to be reskins. Third, and this is what killed it for me, it's obviously not even close to complete. I made a character to do a run on the DLC and when I get there and join the faction it tells me to take time to explore before starting the MQ. So I walk around looking for a dungeon... and looking, and looking. My character was a geared up archer so none of the enemies were any threat. I just walked around lazily shooting golems and shit and going up to doors to nothing. The whole new area just feels empty and half finished. Total disappointment. By this time I was already pretty over the game having done something like 7 or 8 runs of the base game so I just stopped playing without even starting the DLC questline properly. Fuck it man. I'll probably go back to it one day.

I would suggest playing the base game but not getting the Soroboreans until it starts coming bundled with the base game for cheap. It's not worth the price RN.
The sorobeans actually has a ton of content harder than the main game areas. Talk to the dead golem in the sorobean town lying on the side walk. Have you come across the train station? That's where all the content of that area is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom